What's new

Pakistan wants BRICS membership

Joining the BRICS countries requires approval from all member states.

Perhaps we can negotiate with India and make some exchanges in exchange for Pakistan joining the BRICS countries.

This is not a difficult thing, India will agree. The Indian govt is not like Indian netizens who cannot communicate.

How can India oppose Pakistan's entry?

If both Pakistan and India can be in SCO, then both Pakistan and India can be in BRICS.
India and Pakistan joined the SCO at the same time.

Last edited:
I think Pakistan will join BRICS + in the not too distant future.

Perhaps we can negotiate with India and make some exchanges in exchange for Pakistan joining the BRICS countries.

This is not a difficult thing, India will agree. The Indian govt is not like Indian netizens who cannot communicate.

Xi just need to send few PLA troops along the LAC to spank few Indian soldiers and Modi will agree to include Pakistan.

I think Pakistan will join BRICS + in the not too distant future.

No doubt about it.

until any of these organizations provide

0 trade barriers there's no point to joining any of them

feudal lord commies there charge high import tariffs on everyone

How can India oppose Pakistan's entry?

If both Pakistan and India can be in SCO, then both Pakistan and India can be in BRICS.

India is in a position to influence other members to admit any country into BRICS.

The potential admission of Pakistan into BRICS, an economic and political association comprising Brazil, Russia, India, China, and South Africa, presents both pros and cons.
Pros:
Pakistan's inclusion could enhance regional cooperation, promote economic growth, and contribute to stability in South Asia. It would provide a platform for Pakistan to engage with major emerging economies, fostering trade and investment opportunities. Furthermore, Pakistan's participation could strengthen the fight against terrorism and facilitate greater collaboration in addressing regional security challenges.

Cons: However, there are also valid concerns. Pakistan's geopolitical tensions, particularly with India, could introduce additional complexities within BRICS and potentially hinder consensus-building. Pakistan's economic challenges might also impede its ability to avail and fully leverage the benefits of BRICS.
It is important to carefully evaluate these factors, considering the potential benefits and drawbacks, before making a decision on Pakistan's admission into BRICS.
I hope this helps you in understanding our concerns. I am not against Pakistan joining BRICS, if it improves regional integration.

Pakistan Wants BRICS Membership | Will India Allow This?​

When India applied for OIC on the basis largest Muslim population country in the world, it was Pakistan who objected about it. Now India should do the same. Tit for Tat. What do you guys say?

Pakistan is neither an emerging market nor a stable country. It has been a bad neighbor to India since its inception.

Agree with you .

Pakistan Wants BRICS Membership | Will India Allow This?​

When India applied for OIC on the basis largest Muslim population country in the world, it was Pakistan who objected about it. Now India should do the same. Tit for Tat. What do you guys say?

Pakistan is neither an emerging market nor a stable country. It has been a bad neighbor to India since its inception.

Indians always over estimate their power.

lol, If both Pakistan and India can get into SCO, then Pakistan too can be part of BRICS.
India and Pakistan aren't in same league. Both were invited to SCO for it being a grouping of states, not a power centre.
Stop acting as if BRICS is some sort of prestigious organization, lol.
I won't ever push down my IQ just to cope about something. BRICS is literally the organization made to balance G7 countries.

SCO seems a little bit more coherent
What is the purpose of BRICS ??

India is in a position to influence other members to admit any country into BRICS.

The potential admission of Pakistan into BRICS, an economic and political association comprising Brazil, Russia, India, China, and South Africa, presents both pros and cons.
Pros:
Pakistan's inclusion could enhance regional cooperation, promote economic growth, and contribute to stability in South Asia. It would provide a platform for Pakistan to engage with major emerging economies, fostering trade and investment opportunities. Furthermore, Pakistan's participation could strengthen the fight against terrorism and facilitate greater collaboration in addressing regional security challenges.

Cons: However, there are also valid concerns. Pakistan's geopolitical tensions, particularly with India, could introduce additional complexities within BRICS and potentially hinder consensus-building. Pakistan's economic challenges might also impede its ability to avail and fully leverage the benefits of BRICS.
It is important to carefully evaluate these factors, considering the potential benefits and drawbacks, before making a decision on Pakistan's admission into BRICS.
I hope this helps you in understanding our concerns. I am not against Pakistan joining BRICS, if it improves regional integration.

BRICS is about economic power outside of your traditional first world countries. Saudi Arabia and Indonesia are the best candidates here. Pakistan is not a bad choice except their economy sucks big time

SCO seems a little bit more coherent
What is the purpose of BRICS ??

BRICS is about economic power outside of your traditional first world countries. Saudi Arabia and Indonesia are the best candidates here. Pakistan is not a bad choice except their economy sucks big time

Yes at the moment. And so is Turkey's at the moment. My adopted sibling claimed BRICS will challenge the EU and NATO.

I explained that won't happen. BRICS is not a military alliance. And China will probably never seek a military alliance with India, despite both being BRICS countries.

Also having a large economy does not necessarily translate to a high standard of living. We can see that in the case of India and even Brazil, although Brazil has a relatively higher standard of living than Pakistan let alone India.

Back
Top Bottom