What's new

Pakistan wants BRICS membership

Forget BRICS, which is composed of the top emerging economies, I wouldn’t invite Pakistan to my neighborhood group.

Pakistan is a failed entity. It is a cabal run by thugs. A country that the world has shunned. A country where generals and their families live in gated communities seperate from the common man. A country where elites live in their isolated gated communities. A country that is drowing in debt. A country where journalists and certain political party members are abducted, tortured and even killed. A country whose elites steal money to buy offshore properties and start offshore businesses.

What an unfortunate country Pakistan is.

Last edited:
The beggar can't secure IMF loan. Now the beggar Showbaz wants BRICS entry.

We have been hearing years of noise regarding BRICS. BRICS hasn't achieved anything notable.
Soon you will see BRICS currency.

For how many years has BRICS existed? Did you dream that BRICS is soon going to start its own currency?
I am still skeptical that BRICS currency will pan out and replace US dollar hegemony.

BRICS will not allow Pakistan to enter there. Everybody knows that India can host the BRICS event in Kashmir anytime. Why create unnecessary controversy when everything is going good. Moreover, Pakistan doesn’t have money either.

BRICS will not allow Pakistan to enter there. Everybody knows that India can host the BRICS event in Kashmir anytime. Why create unnecessary controversy when everything is going good. Moreover, Pakistan doesn’t have money either.
The Brics is China and Russia

We are fine with both countries.
Pakistan is the 5th biggest country in the world

We just hate India and want nothing to do with India, but the rest of very doable

We just hate India and want nothing to do with India, but the rest of very doable

You do realize that Pakistan can’t enter just with China and Russia support right? All members should be onboard.

And if you want nothing to do with India, I fail to see why you want to join BRICS in the first place. It’s not that we are being replaced here now is it?

We don't hate your people but your establishment and some radical elements. Otherwise we get along fine. I don't think Russia will side with Pakistan after what you did to them in the 80's.

The beggar can't secure IMF loan. Now the beggar Showbaz wants BRICS entry.

We have been hearing years of noise regarding BRICS. BRICS hasn't achieved anything notable.
To hell with IMF. Get a loan from China and promise to pay them back in 25 years.

If a country like India be in BRICS, then so can Pakistan.

BRICS is a fake/joke organization
A marketing campaign gotten out of hand. I wonder what the hype man at Goldman thinks of it now. :disagree:

We don't hate your people but your establishment and some radical elements. Otherwise we get along fine. I don't think Russia will side with Pakistan after what you did to them in the 80's.
It will probably come down to how Pakistan deals with Afghanistan and how that impacts Central Asia and then Russia. If the Chinese convince the Afghans to build the rail corridor through, it might not be long for Russian exports to the Middle East and Africa could go down that corridor, and getting insured on ships out of Karachi or gwadar.

Location, location, location.

It will probably come down to how Pakistan deals with Afghanistan and how that impacts Central Asia and then Russia. If the Chinese convince the Afghans to build the rail corridor through, it might not be long for Russian exports to the Middle East and Africa could go down that corridor, and getting insured on ships out of Karachi or gwadar.

Location, location, location.

I've been hearing this since 2016 yet nothing has happened in Gwadar.

I've been hearing this since 2016 yet nothing has happened in Gwadar.
It all comes down to the rail link through Afghanistan and how much china wants to invest in Gwadar. Until it look independently viable, I’m sure Pakistani investors will stick with Karachi.

Btw, BRICS doesn’t really benefit Pakistan, because the first order of business will be cross border trade with India. Until get our own industrial policy right, no sense opening up our market further to India.

It all comes down to the rail link through Afghanistan and how much china wants to invest in Gwadar. Until it look independently viable, I’m sure Pakistani investors will stick with Karachi.

Btw, BRICS doesn’t really benefit Pakistan, because the first order of business will be cross border trade with India. Until get our own industrial policy right, no sense opening up our market further to India.
I agree, no point in trading with a more efficient counterpart. But begs the question why has Pak given itself upto China. There has been no big bang gain. Only mere eyewash. Does Pak know what she wants..

Back
Top Bottom