What's new

Pakistan want to avoid India clash in World Cup quarter-finals

Lets hope India, Pak do not come face to face before the semis.

Yup, we both are right now... but i am not sure about WI, they always played well against India. And both team havent met for some time.

They have a formidable batting line up with some good hitters who are very much used to Indian conditions and some spirited bowlers who are bowling the right length and their spinner also looks impressive, even though the game was against BD.

SA is high on confidence, and if we can get amla and devilliers we can easily beat them as the tour in SA just before the WC was a good one for India .

i am more concerned about WI.. my guess is that they will beat us. :bad:

Agreed . i always believe that WI is a dangerous side and on their day they can turn the tables in their favor .they have some really dangerous players like Gayle and Chanderpaul who can rock n roll against any team on their day .

And yes by going with WI vs India i m sure they will not have forgotten that t20 match b/w WI and india when everyone was rating india as favorites but they spoiled the party by exposing india's weakness to the world and because of them the other teams also followed the same path successfully .

But their is a one weak link in their team that is their bowling .we know Roach and benn are decent bowlers but after them their is no 3rd wicket taker ,there are some who can ball their quota in lights of Pollard ,Gayle and sammy but by no means threatening they would really miss Dawyene Bravo, he really holds their batting and bowling

But again you never know WI against india i remember Hinds (the ex-opener of WI ) with his medium pace opening the bowling taking a large chunk of indian wickets in lights of dravid and sehwag in one of the matches they played against india in home series .so yes india don't know why have weak performances against W.I

Going by your second point i think its the most difficult thing to do specially when Amla and AB are in top form look at their averages in last year Amla is averaging 80 odd and thats y smith has so much confidence in them that he is playing one batsman short .Amla is really having a purple patch

Agreed . i always believe that WI is a dangerous side and on their day they can turn the tables in their favor .they have some really dangerous players like Gayle and Chanderpaul who can rock n roll against any team on their day .

And yes by going with WI vs India i m sure they will not have forgotten that t20 match b/w WI and india when everyone was rating india as favorites but they spoiled the party by exposing india's weakness to the world and because of them the other teams also followed the same path successfully .

But their is a one weak link in their team that is their bowling .we know Roach and benn are decent bowlers but after them their is no 3rd wicket taker ,there are some who can ball their quota in lights of Pollard ,Gayle and sammy but by no means threatening they would really miss Dawyene Bravo, he really holds their batting and bowling

But again you never know WI against india i remember Hinds (the ex-opener of WI ) with his medium pace opening the bowling taking a large chunk of indian wickets in lights of dravid and sehwag in one of the matches they played against india at home series .so yes india don't know why have weak performances against W.I

Just found out.. in order for a India vs Pakistan final,any one of the team has to be on top the group and the other has to be at number 3 at their group. No other combination will guarentee a final..

Just found out.. in order for a India vs Pakistan final,any one of the team has to be on top the group and the other has to be at number 3 at their group. No other combination will guarentee a final..

their is a rare chance that both india and Pakistan will meet in final .utmost it can be anyone of them .I m having final position reserve for Aus because in last 4 WC they played they reached in final .so no matter in how poor shape AUS looks they will made it even if they have to die for it

And an interesting analysis for you benny NZ has played 5 semi-finals in WC .means every WC they played almost every time they reached semi-finals and past stats always hold strong grounds .so never under-estimate them

their is a rare chance that both india and Pakistan will meet in final .utmost it can be anyone of them .I m having final position reserve for Aus because in last 4 WC they played they reached in final .so no matter in how poor shape AUS looks they will made it even if they have to die for it

And an interesting analysis for you benny NZ has played 5 semi-finals in WC .means every WC they played almost every time they reached semi-finals and past stats always hold strong grounds .so never under-estimate them

For that rare chance either India or Pakistan needs to top their group and the other one has to be at exact 3 rd position.. seems almost impossible for me..

We are quite comfortable with the Kiwis and are looking for them particularly in QF rather than SL :partay:

I agree with afridi. It should be an India vs Pakistan final :)

---------- Post added at 06:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:33 PM ----------

And Pakistan winning of course :P

For that rare chance either India or Pakistan needs to top their group and the other one has to be at exact 3 rd position.. seems almost impossible for me..

We are quite comfortable with the Kiwis and are looking for them particularly in QF rather than SL :partay:

SL no doubt will be a hard nut to crack specially with their bowling attack but never under-estimate kiwi's as i already said they have reached 5 times in semi-finals and are really un-predictable side ,interestingly their performance in all the ICC events have been impressive

But one thing that favors Pakistan is that NZ never ever have beaten Pakistan in semi-final of any WC .we met 3 times with KIwi's and all 3 times we won easily .so by going with the stats Pakistan will be hoping to face NZ in semi's

The thread title is misleading. Pakistan do not want to play in India - it's just happens to be so that if Pakistan are playing in India, they'll be facing India, not any other team.

Both top their groups
Both are 2nd in their groups
Both are 3rd in their groups
Both are 4th in their groups

All these combinations guarantee that India and Pakistan won't meed before the finals

Back
Top Bottom