What's new

Pakistan want to avoid India clash in World Cup quarter-finals

So the Ahmdabad venue will be shifted to BD or SL for teams A2 and B3 (If India will not stand at B3).

GOOD.....

As per my understanding...if both the countries are not hosts..then the match will take place in Ahmedabad itself..so if Pakistan is facing..lets say SA or England(not SL or BD)..then they will play in Ahmedabad...Any1 correct me if iam wrong..

Anyways, unless its a Ind vs pakistan match..u will have a gr8 support from Indians,,..and it will be easy for Pakistan fans to come to Ahmedabad and provide support as its nearer compared to SL or BD...:cheers:

As per my understanding...if both the countries are not hosts..then the match will take place in Ahmedabad itself..so if Pakistan is facing..lets say SA or England(not SL or BD)..then they will play in Ahmedabad...Any1 correct me if iam wrong..

Not if India qualify for the Quarters. Because if India qualifies, India's match will have to be held in India only, which would mean that the venues for the two matches will get exchanged.

It's simple really. All that is decided right now is which cities will host the quarters. Depending on the lineups after the group stages, it will be decided which city should host which match depending on whether the host country has qualified. At least that is my interpretation. :)

This is for my fellow Indians...
If India must work over its bowling and fielding...otherwise the day, our batting willcollaspe, Indian players will watch world cup final by sitting at home..
mark my words.

^ India at B3 and Pakistan at A2 is still very much a possibility.

And if that happens, then Pakistan, welcome to Ahmedabad.

Lets see, but if PAK faces India in Ahmedabad ...this will be more then WC final .....

Then India has to win all next games to remain at top and battle against NZ else SL, PAK and AUS are dangerous cusomters either its Indian soil or other.

My gut feeling is that It is not going to be a Pak vs India quarter final

Now lets do some calculation

Pakistan is currently on top of the table in group a with NRR of 1.7 and won 3 0ut of 3 and they have 3 games left two with major teams and one with minow. now as Pakistan won from Canda with a margin of 48 runs that drop the NRR of Pakistan considerably from 2.6 to 1.7

Now if AUS looses to SL tomorrow and then Aus wins from Pakistan than all these 3 teams will have equal points then it will come to NRR as in NRR Pakistan is currently at second position so it will put Pakistan on 2nd in table

On the other hand India has 4 matches left if they win it from WI ,Ireland and Netherland and loose it from SA then they will have 9 points and if WI wins it from Ireland,netherland and Eng they will have 8 points which will place them at number 3 so india will be at number 2

This is just a rough estimation because cricket is a funny game and you never know what is going to happen ,it is just based on perception

My gut feeling is that It is going to be a Pak vs India quarter final

Now lets do some calculation

Pakistan is currently on top of the table in group a with NRR of 1.7 and won 3 0ut of 3 and they have 3 games left two with major teams and one with minow. now as Pakistan won from Canda with a margin of 48 runs that drop the NRR of Pakistan considerably from 2.6 to 1.7

Now if AUS looses to SL tomorrow and then Aus wins from Pakistan than all these 3 teams will have equal points then it will come to NRR as in NRR Pakistan is currently at second position so it will put Pakistan on 2nd in table

On the other hand India has 4 matches left if they win it from WI ,Ireland and Netherland and loose it from SA then they will have 9 points and if WI wins it from Ireland,netherland and Eng they will have 10 points which will place them at number 2 so india will be at number 3

This is just a rough estimation because cricket is a funny game and you never know what is going to happen ,it is just based on perception

Its a possibility..

But realistically thinking, i believe both India and Pakistan will finish second in their respective groups with Australia and South africa topping each group.

Chances are Pakistan meeting England and India meeting Srilanka in semis in my opinion.

But there is also a possibility that if India looses to West Indies it finishes 3 rd and India meets Pakistan in quarters.

Its a possibility..

But realistically thinking, i believe both India and Pakistan will finish second in their respective groups with Australia and South africa topping each group.

Chances are Pakistan meeting England and India meeting Srilanka in semis in my opinion. But there is also a possibility that if India looses to West Indies it finishes 3 rd and India meets Pakistan in quarters.

Benny i have edited my post ,actually i mis-typed it .i said opposite lol ,read it again and quote that one .

one way or other we will face you why not better will be in final and i think we losst all matches against india in all wc history becoz we win final against india only in wc

How is the quarters fixed ??

Like the Top of each group vs the Top of other and so on or in which format ?

Benny i have edited my post ,actually i mis-typed it .i said opposite lol ,read it again and quote that one .

Yup, we both are right now... but i am not sure about WI, they always played well against India. And both team havent met for some time.

They have a formidable batting line up with some good hitters who are very much used to Indian conditions and some spirited bowlers who are bowling the right length and their spinner also looks impressive, even though the game was against BD.

SA is high on confidence, and if we can get amla and devilliers we can easily beat them as the tour in SA just before the WC was a good one for India .

i am more concerned about WI.. my guess is that they will beat us. :bad:

Back
Top Bottom