What's new

Pakistan vs South Africa: 2 T20s, 5 ODIs & 2 Tests

Just returned home from the stadium and post-winning halla gulla.

Mera gala totally khatam hai, can't speak at all... It was a fantastic match to watch.

Yeh hoe naa baat!
what a match this is

loved it.... good to hear somebody from Defence.pk was witnessing this match in the stadium :)

Koi photo shoto bhi kheenchi kya?

It was capacity crowd for the 1st time in Dubai i guess, was great atmosphere, i was at the stadium and over all felt really happy for Pakistan cricket because that one innings from Razzak has made the team and the FANS start believing again. I was proved wrong... Pak cricket team still can pull crowds if it starts winning and today was a great day for that, people came in with hope and returned with faith restored in the team (atleast for time being). Things started looking a bit shaky when Razzler got out, few people also started leaving and at that point a South African sitting near by stood up and loudly shouted that your BOOM BOOM just got out so you guys are leaving hahaha oooooo!!! what happened with him is something you guys can imagine... everyone around him made sure that he felt every run scored by Pakistan from there on end, the poor guy was at the receiving end of a verbal barrage. Later i met few guys who were selling tickets outside the stadium in black, the AED40 was beng sold at AED70 ... was great fun and all those in DUBAI who DIDNOT go to the game really missed something special.

Pakistan played well and hard and deserved to win today's game. Well done guys, keep up the good sport.:pakistan::pakistan::victory:

Yeh hoe naa baat!
what a match this is

loved it.... good to hear somebody from Defence.pk was witnessing this match in the stadium :)

Koi photo shoto bhi kheenchi kya?
I was on TV! Got lots of calls from family members... "I can see you!"

I had this huge banner "We want Cricket back in Pakistan, ICC I'm talking to you" :D

That, and, "Put my handsome face on TV, cameraman".

Honestly I don't understand how someone can't raise fingers at SA for match fixing after yesterday's performance.

If they would've made good on a few catches, run outs and not thrown as many overthrows, victory would've been tough. When morkel gave that overthrow while trying to get Wahab out, it seemed so intentional. See the winning moments video posted, Smith's facial expression is quite telling at that moment.

Pakistan beats South Africa by 1 wicket in 4th ODI thriller

By Michael Casey (CP) – 10 hours ago

DUBAI, United Arab Emirates — Pakistan paced its chase perfectly to beat South Africa by one wicket with one ball left in a thrilling fourth one-day international on Friday, sending the series to a decider Monday.

In an amazing last over of hits and missed chances, Zulqarnain Haider ran for two runs to tie the score off the third-to-last delivery while barely avoiding a run out at the other end, then hit the winning single off the next ball down the leg side.

That helped Pakistan rally for the second time in the series to tie it 2-2.

"The boys really played well and kept their nerve especially at the end and that was the key," Pakistan coach Waqar Younis said, adding that the team has lost several games in the past six months under similar circumstances.

After South Africa made 274-6 off 50 overs, including 92 by captain Graeme Smith, the target was considered too big for Pakistan, but Younis Khan held the chase together with a 73, and the run rate was always reasonable with support from opener Mohammad Hafeez (42 off 29 balls) and in the middle order from Asad Shafiq (36), Shahid Afridi (29) and Abdul Razzaq (33).

The dismissal of Razzaq, the last recognized batsman, in the 47th over by Morne Morkel appeared to end Pakistan's hopes at 244-8, but Wahab Riaz produced another great cameo in Dubai International Cricket Stadium. He was dropped in the same over by Smith off Morkel while on one, and made the Proteas pay by smacking 18 off 10 balls to make the win virtually inevitable.

By the time Riaz was run out by Wayne Parnell with three balls to go, Pakistan needed only three to win.

And Haider made sure they got them, taking advantage of Parnell missing another run out chance on the next ball. Haider finished a career-best 19 not out off 22 balls.

Younis heaped praise on Khan — who was recalled for this series after an indefinite ban was lifted in June — and Haider for their scoring efforts.

"Zulqarnain can bat," Younis said. "He doesn't appear to be the striker of the ball. But when he went in, all we needed was for him to keep going and make sure he played the field. He did exactly what we needed."

Smith blamed the loss on poor bowling and fielding, saying their miscues handed the win to Pakistan.

"The fielding was not good throughout," Smith said. "In the final 10 overs, we let Pakistan gain the momentum."

Earlier, Graeme Smith, returning from a hand injury, hit 92 and AB de Villiers 49 in a mid-innings platform of 94, then Johan Botha smashed 28 off 15 balls as South Africa plundered 48 off the last four overs.

Pakistan's bowlers mainly struggled and had to endure several dropped catches, but Shoaib Akhtar, Mohammad Hafeez and Riaz took two wickets each at considerable expense.

Smith, who won the toss and elected to bat, immediately went after fast bowler Abdul Razzaq and Akhtar. Smith and Hashim Amla, who scored an unbeaten century in the last match, looked secure in making 30 until Amla top-edged a pull off Akhtar to Imran Farhat at square leg in the seventh over.

Jacques Kallis was out for 15, then Smith and de Villiers patiently handled the Pakistan attack.

Smith reached his 42nd one-day half-century off 57 balls, and was heading toward his ninth ODI hundred until Hafeez got him lbw in the 31st over. Smith hit nine boundaries in his 105-ball innings.

Hafeez also caught out de Villiers, who sliced at Akhtar one run shy of a half century.

JP Duminy was out for 36 at 226-5, and David Miller was bowled for a duck next ball by Riaz's yorker, but that brought in Botha, who joined Colin Ingram with just under four overs left. They smashed Pakistan to all parts.

Botha slashed Riaz over slips to the fence from his second delivery faced, and hit five more boundaries, while Ingram, dropped on 4 and 13, finished 27 not out off 25 balls.

The Canadian Press: Pakistan beats South Africa by 1 wicket in 4th ODI thriller

I had this huge banner "We want Cricket back in Pakistan, ICC I'm talking to you" :D

Hey! wait! I am downloading the match to figure you out! Then I will give your photo to RAW and advice them to deal with you in tough manner!!!!!!!!!!!!! :devil:

Can you tell us at what over and whos batting. Would be easy for us to spot you.

BTW :tup: for the banner. You spoke for all Pakistanis.

Mera gala totally khatam hai, can't speak at all... It was a fantastic match to watch.

Yeah dude in this season even i was planning to come to dubai and abu dhabi but i have got to go to Pakistan tomorrow! :frown::frown::frown: :hitwall:

Have some Joshanda and Mlethi to get ready for tomorrow's match. Team needs your support in decider.
:lol::lol::lol:

Have some Joshanda and Mlethi to get ready for tomorrow's match. Team needs your support in decider.
:lol::lol::lol:

and put your pic in ur avatar!
so that we can recognise you if u come in the tv again!

Can you tell us at what over and whos batting. Would be easy for us to spot you.

BTW :tup: for the banner. You spoke for all Pakistanis.
Don't remember, it was once each time though. Will make up my mind on the last day to go for the decider or not.

Its on weekday, poorly planned. Friday is our weekend so yesterday it was like 90% full towards the end.

Whatever guyz............ Thats one of the best ODI series one could ever witness where the winner is being decided in the last over.....and usually last or the second last ball

We truly are the amazing team, the world can try to alienate us but we simply can't be ignored...... we are too good to be ignored :pakistan:

Back
Top Bottom