What's new

Pakistan vs India: WC Semifinal - March 30

Status
Not open for further replies.
the fact remains, you indians are severely obsessed with Pakistan... it is fed into your brains ever since your childhood.

get a life and go to your own websites and leave us be. we already made it clear like more than 60 years ago that we don't wanna hang out with you guys..

So u must be now averse with the fact that u cant eccape from us,ur websites cant,ur nation cant and neither u cant,just like I said earlier,we attack in swarms,how does it fell to be in a Pakistani forum were Indian's r the majority.

Let me finish with an evil laugh
HUahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

This will be match of the tournament... Two Spoiled kid (Afridi and Yuvraj) will face each other... Lets see who will win the day...

good to see you're laughing in your own misery and realization that you have no dignity in your life :)

it just tells me you indians have nothing better to do.. btw dont forget to click on the ads :).. oh and don't forget to register your whole family on this site..

We can,because who is their to stop us,free run in enemy territory was always a fum,we hold the guts,we have the heart to do that.

o meray bhai, which world do you live in? you equate online forums with real battlefields? leave to an indian to draw parallels between a an online chat forum and a battlefield.

India v Pakistan: a fantasy
Will the two sides meet in this World Cup? One can but live in hope

Imran Yusuf

March 24, 2011

118456.2.jpg

The Pakistani and the Indian met at college in the US 20 years ago. They formed an instant bromance. They huddled together to stave off the cold winds of the East Coast. They mated their mothers' recipes and cooked over-liquidy dal. They swapped notes on how to pull women. These notes were spare, so more commonly they swapped dirty magazines. They drank beer like amateurs and took turns holding each other over the pot when they puked. They were brothers beyond borders - and remained that way through the following two decades.

Except when it came to the cricket.

When other men talk there is always a dark, primal subtext: Who does better with the ladies? Who's got more money? Who would win in a fight? Who's read Proust? When the Pakistani and the Indian talked, the unspoken subtext was always the next match. The last match. All the matches from the past and into the eternal future.

To their compatriots and their wives, they would mouth off at will.

The Pakistani would say Shoaib had Sachin's number and the number was first ball. The Indian would say Sachin had Shoaib's number and the number was six six six. The Indian would say Pakistan had never beaten them in a World Cup. The Pakistani would say Pakistan has the better of India in Test and ODI wins. Both would imply in Hindi or Urdu that the other side had incestuous relations with their sisters.

Their compatriots would nod like automatons. Their wives would subtly change the channel to one showing Desperate Housewives.

When together, the only time the Pakistani and the Indian talked cricket was to rubbish the Ashes. "Number one cricket rivalry? These jokers haven't even fought one war against each other. We've had three! Or is it four?"

But they could not hide from their dreams. In midnight reveries they would reveal deep-seated longings. The Pakistani would fantasise about unpartitioned India-Pakistan teams. Miandad and Gavaskar totting up the runs. Imran and Kapil firing them in from each end. Sehwag opening the batting and Waqar the bowling. And Ashish Nehra and Kamran Akmal - well, they would have never even existed. In one lucid daydream the Pakistani had a crisis of conscience, realising he hadn't picked a single Bangladeshi. He hastily slotted in Shakib Al Hasan for the all-star 2000-2010 ODI team.

The Indian would wake before dawn with tears streaming down his cheeks. He had recalled Wasim Akram hugging team-mate Sachin Tendulkar during an exhibition match in 1996. In somnolent wonder he had thought of Mansur Ali Khan Pataudi and Hanif Mohammad, playing together for the Rest of the World in England, sending home messages of peace and deep regret when war broke out in 1965. He also mused on the rumours that Pakistani women were hotter than Indian women.

But in the light of day-night games, their blood would swell again with partisanship. When they lost, they would despair at a repulsive nationalism that was egged on by advertisers and political opportunists. When they won, they would dance to its tunes. And drink lots of beer.

They had not met for 10 years, having kept in touch over email and ambiguous Facebook pokes. In this time the Pakistani had watched in horror as the Indians finally developed a killer instinct. The Indian had marvelled with bitterness at Pakistan's resilient brilliance despite all that had afflicted their cricket. Both had, inevitably, got divorced.

Yet here they were, at a conference back in their college city, now ensconced in safe middle management, yet more passionate about cricket than ever before. The day of the semi-final, they bunked work and met in the Pakistani's hotel room to watch the match on live streaming.

The Pakistani ordered a steak sandwich from room service. As the Indian munched on his Spanish omelette, he deliberated again if red meat was the reason Pakistan bred such a regular supply of enviable fast bowlers. The Indian mentioned that he had read the papers for that day's conference in advance, and the Pakistani stifled a scowl, thinking of the more organised state of Indian domestic cricket.

And here they were. Pakistan had beaten West Indies and India had overcome Australia. The winner would play the final in Mumbai. The biggest semi-final ever was about to start. Their tedious lives, their beautiful children, their millions of compatriots starving, their countries' poverty indexes, the water of Kashmir, the scars of history, none of it mattered, neither of them cared, for whoever won this match would be the winner, would be better, would have meaning in their lives.

Zaheer Khan ran in to bowl the first ball.

Thud.

Silence - but for the clamour of a Punjabi crowd, and Ravi Shastri and Ramiz Raja spewing banalities.

They had both collapsed. On top of each other. Arm in arm.

When room service found them half an hour later, it was found that they had both died of heart attacks. Little did Juan, the bellboy, know that the two men were in good company. Fifty-six years ago the great writer Saadat Hasan Manto, a man in love with Bombay, who had taken up residence in Lahore after Partition, died while listening to radio commentary of the Bahawalpur Test between India and Pakistan.

And so it went. And so it goes.

Imran Yusuf is a writer who takes guard on middle and off

Cricket's most intense rivalry

http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/39923000/jpg/_39923231_sho_sach203.jpg

By Oliver Brett

Pakistan versus India.

Those three words alone conjure up such vibrant images of tense encounters on dust-bowl pitches watched by fiercely partisan crowds.

And the sheer rarity of the matches - at a time when then international calendar is saturated by so many instantly forgettable fixtures - lends an almost mythical status to Pakistan-India matches.

But why is this particular series so important for the international game?

STAR PLAYERS

When Tendulkar faces Shoaib there's sure to be excitement
If the upcoming series was a Hollywood, or indeed Bollywood film, it is easy to guess who would have top billing.

Shoaib Akhtar, he of the 100mph delivery, and the record-breaking batsman Sachin Tendulkar are the obvious crowd-pullers.

But Pakistan have a mighty batsman of their own, captain Inzamam-ul-Haq, while India's Rahul Dravid is rated the third best batsman in the world.

India look weaker in their bowling, with their two star spinners out, but the return of the impressive left-arm seamer Zaheer Khan will set the Bharat Army's pulses racing.

In the one-day internationals. India's explosive force is Virender Sehwag, while Abdul Razzaq can clear the ropes in equally effective fashion.

FANS
An English cricket fan can watch his team humbled at Lord's, shrug his shoulders, and mumble: "Well, there's always the rugby."

West Indians can be vociferously enthusiastic when Brian Lara is in his pomp, but when the seamers start spraying the ball about, they become disenchanted quite quickly.

For Indians and Pakistanis, there is no such cheap escape clause. Unbending loyalty, unyielding faith and an all-consuming passion for the game seep through their veins when they watch their heroes perform on the big stage.

QUALITY OF THE TEAMS
Turn the international clock back 18 months and you see Pakistan and India playing moderate cricket against most nations, with lowly positions in the Test and one-day international league tables.

But things have changed dramatically since then.

India reached the final of the 2003 Cricket World Cup and then, after years of periodical failure in Tests away from home, drew a series in Australia.

Pakistan's ascent has been equally dramatic.

Comment: India one of the best
Feature: Pakistan turn the tables
They were truly dreadful in the World Cup, but after sacking coach Richard Pybus and some of the older contingent of players, 2003 ended on a high note.

In seven Tests following the World Cup they won five matches and drew two. And while they were not quite so imperious in one-day cricket in the same time-frame, they have nevertheless won 15 matches and lost just eight.

HISTORY

Imran Khan was a 20th century hero
Only eight years into their rivalry, cricketing relations were suspended for the first time between India and Pakistan from 1960-1978.

When they resumed, there was plenty of success for Pakistan, who won 3-0 in 1982-83 as Imran Khan took 40 wickets.

Imran recently told BBC World Service's Story of Cricket: "People who knew nothing about cricket followed that series because it was against India. For me it was the time when I became a hero."

But India's tour to Pakistan in 1989 proved to be their last before the current tour as the two governments broke off regular sporting contact because of a dispute over the Himalayan state of Kashmir.

News feature: Troubled relations
There were three Tests between the two sides in India in 1998-99 before relations between the two governments cooled again.

For cricket fans, however, the meeting of the two teams at the 2003 World Cup showed the rivalry was as intense as ever, with India coming out on top in a stunning, run-filled match at Centurion.

It was followed last November by an announcement from the Board of Control in India (BCCI) that a tour to Pakistan would take place in 2004.

Now the waiting is over.

Pakistan vs India

Saari duniya hiljayegi, saari aisi taisi phir jayegi :D So appropriate!

Why India will beat Pakistan: Ian Chappel

Mumbai : There's good reason to believe that India, who conquered Australia on Thursday, have sharper tools to triumph over Pakistan in the semi-final on Wednesday.

Here's why India are tipped to beat Pakistan in the semi final at Mohali on Wednesday:

First of all, I'd say Pakistan have played two very disciplined games (vs Australia and West Indies) and I am not sure they can string three together. Pakistan's bowling is very good. I thought South Africa and Australia had the best attacks in the competition, but now I will say South Africa and Pakistan have the best attacks.

So, it will be an interesting battle where you will see the strong Indian batting versus the might of the Pakistan bowling.

But ever since India promoted R Ashwin in the side, I feel as though Mahendra Singh Dhoni has his attack lined up so he gets some good match-ups.

The Indian attack has improved enormously with the inclusion of Ashwin.

Bowling vs batting In the end, it will come down to the two lesser skills each of the two teams have got - i.e India's bowling and Pakistan's batting. India's bowling is stronger than the Pakistan batting which I think is quite wobbly - not just the middle order. The top order as well. Calm leadership

Mahendra Singh Dhoni is a much more calmer leader than Shahid Afridi. You always get the feeling that Afridi is going to do something out of the ordinary and a bit that will damage his team. I thought Dhoni had a good game in the field against Australia. He summed up the situation very well; kept looking for wickets all the way through. He is a very calming influence and boy, Indian needed some of that on Thursday.

Some of that running between wickets was something that they won't want to repeat against Pakistan. Dhoni is a much more calmer leader than Shahid Afridi.

You always get the feeling that Afridi is going to do something out of the ordinary and a bit that will damage his team. As I said earlier, Pakistan's last two games have been very disciplined but you always feel it won't take much to panic.

Pakistan will have problems because Afridi is not the kind of calming influence as Dhoni is. For me, the danger is that this match will be their final - Pakistan vs India and whichever team wins this, might be absolutely drained going into the final. But that is something to worry about down the line. You have to win the semi-final first, but I think Dhoni's calmness is a big advantage to India.

Pressure soakers India is better equipped to deal with the pressure surrounding the India vs Pakistan label to the game. That's mainly because of Dhoni and his calmness is a big advantage to India. Pakistan will have problems because Afridi is not the kind of calming influence as his opposite number.

When you guide your team through tough situations, that builds confidence in the team. Once the team believes that the captain can do some good things, then they (good things) tend to happen.

Smart in the field The inclusion of Suresh Raina has made a big difference to the Indian fielding. I am not sure which way they'll go in terms of combination for the next game, but Raina has to hold his place with the way he performed against Australia. India did a good job particularly since it was so hot. There was a lot of talk earlier in the tournament about India's fielding and lack of fitness in hot weather but they showed otherwise yesterday.

http://sports.ndtv.com/world-cup-20...-too-in-icc-cricket-world-cup-2011-semi-final

I remember the India-Pakistan final match of 2007 T-20 world cup,that was the 10 most viewed sporting event that yr in the world.

Why India will beat Pakistan: Ian Chappel

Mumbai : There's good reason to believe that India, who conquered Australia on Thursday, have sharper tools to triumph over Pakistan in the semi-final on Wednesday.

Here's why India are tipped to beat Pakistan in the semi final at Mohali on Wednesday:

First of all, I'd say Pakistan have played two very disciplined games (vs Australia and West Indies) and I am not sure they can string three together. Pakistan's bowling is very good. I thought South Africa and Australia had the best attacks in the competition, but now I will say South Africa and Pakistan have the best attacks.

So, it will be an interesting battle where you will see the strong Indian batting versus the might of the Pakistan bowling.

But ever since India promoted R Ashwin in the side, I feel as though Mahendra Singh Dhoni has his attack lined up so he gets some good match-ups.

The Indian attack has improved enormously with the inclusion of Ashwin.

Bowling vs batting In the end, it will come down to the two lesser skills each of the two teams have got - i.e India's bowling and Pakistan's batting. India's bowling is stronger than the Pakistan batting which I think is quite wobbly - not just the middle order. The top order as well. Calm leadership

Mahendra Singh Dhoni is a much more calmer leader than Shahid Afridi. You always get the feeling that Afridi is going to do something out of the ordinary and a bit that will damage his team. I thought Dhoni had a good game in the field against Australia. He summed up the situation very well; kept looking for wickets all the way through. He is a very calming influence and boy, Indian needed some of that on Thursday.

Some of that running between wickets was something that they won't want to repeat against Pakistan. Dhoni is a much more calmer leader than Shahid Afridi.

You always get the feeling that Afridi is going to do something out of the ordinary and a bit that will damage his team. As I said earlier, Pakistan's last two games have been very disciplined but you always feel it won't take much to panic.

Pakistan will have problems because Afridi is not the kind of calming influence as Dhoni is. For me, the danger is that this match will be their final - Pakistan vs India and whichever team wins this, might be absolutely drained going into the final. But that is something to worry about down the line. You have to win the semi-final first, but I think Dhoni's calmness is a big advantage to India.

Pressure soakers India is better equipped to deal with the pressure surrounding the India vs Pakistan label to the game. That's mainly because of Dhoni and his calmness is a big advantage to India. Pakistan will have problems because Afridi is not the kind of calming influence as his opposite number.

When you guide your team through tough situations, that builds confidence in the team. Once the team believes that the captain can do some good things, then they (good things) tend to happen.

Smart in the field The inclusion of Suresh Raina has made a big difference to the Indian fielding. I am not sure which way they'll go in terms of combination for the next game, but Raina has to hold his place with the way he performed against Australia. India did a good job particularly since it was so hot. There was a lot of talk earlier in the tournament about India's fielding and lack of fitness in hot weather but they showed otherwise yesterday.

http://sports.ndtv.com/world-cup-20...-too-in-icc-cricket-world-cup-2011-semi-final

Ponting predicts India will beat Pakistan in SF

Ahmedabad: Australian captain Ricky Ponting predicted that India would beat Pakistan in the World Cup semifinal and Mahendra Singh Dhoni`s men are the strong favourites to win the coveted title after a gap of 28 years.

"India played well as a team today and deserved victory. Today we were not good enough (to win). Going forward they will be pretty hard to beat. They will beat Pakistan in the semifinal and go on to win the World Cup now," Ponting said at the post-match press conference after Australia were knocked out of the World Cup by India.

"India have a very good batting line up. We played very competitive cricket tonight but I`m disappointed with the two successive losses (against Pakistan in their last league game and today against India)," he said after his side`s five-wicket loss in a high-octane World Cup quarterfinal.

He said he would not be playing in the next World Cup but ruled out quitting one-day cricket.

"I am not quitting one-day cricket but this is probably my last World Cup game. I will be happy to look back after retirement that I made a century in my last innings in the World Cup," Ponting said

He also said that the talk of the end of an era in Australian cricket was misplaced.

"It`s a bit premature to say it was the end of an era for Australian cricket, it was a pretty good game tonight. I do not think we were far away from winning the game against a very good Indian team on their home soil. I think it`s a bit too early to say it`s the end of an era," said Ponting.

Ponting said his side had the chances to win the game and they were devastated by the loss.

"We had great expectations from the game. We were a well organized group. We are devastated. We found it difficult to get momentum. Not performing at critical moments cost us the game. We did not grab our opportunities," he said.

"We were 15 to 20 runs short with the bat. 250-260 was a good total but we lost wickets at bad time and never got the momentum going. We did not execute the plans properly, said the 36-year-old Tasmanian who scored a superb 104 after having struggled in the earlier part of the tournament.

The Australian captain felt the schedule of the tournament could have been spread out better but said that that cannot be an excuse for his side`s crashing out in the quarterfinals.

"The schedule did not help us. But that cannot be put as an excuse for the loss. Over the last ten days my team has played four games. It would have been nice to have them (games) evenly spread out," he said.

He sympathised with his key fast bowler Brett Lee who had made a great effort to get back into the team after a 14-month injury lay-off.

"Brett has given a lot for Australian cricket during his entire career and at times coming back after big injuries. He will be shattered as he has worked very hard to get here," he said.

Ricky Ponting predicts India will beat Pakistan in the semi-final

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom