What's new

Pakistan VS Australia: ICC World Cup T20, 02 Oct 2012

AoA,

NOW SITUATION/SCENARIO for Semis IS this

Pak beats Aus + S.a beats ind= Pak and Aus qualifies
Pak beats Aus + ind beats s.a by 50 runs = Pak and ind qualifies
Aus beats Pak + S.a beats ind by 60=Aus and S.a qualifies
Aus beats Pak and s.a beats ind by 15runs =Aus and Pak qualifies

As for Pakistan -- i suggest we drop Yassir Arafat and use Razak. Our batting against bhartis was SHYTE; our fielding was pathetic. I was very angry and disappointed last Saturday.

this one against Australian will be real tough but in T-20 format Pakistan is statistically better. In T20 internationals Aus record is very good against every opposition except Pakistan & SL. Against Pakistan Aus win percentage = 45% & against SL their win percentage = 33%

This group is still wide open. India and Pakistan have almost equal chance of making it to the semis, Aussies are ahead in the race but anything can happen in T20.

$100 says Pakistan will beat Australia tomorrow.

I made $300 last match, thanks to Pakistan's pathetic performance :yahoo:

This group is still wide open. India and Pakistan have almost equal chance of making it to the semis, Aussies are ahead in the race but anything can happen in T20.

Yeah if Pakistan thrash Australia by 100 runs and India thrashes SA by 100 runs we'll both make it to the Semis :D

So I would say its open, not WIDE open.

Look their squad of Australia. They have every type of player in the team.
Just look their bowling strength, They have genuine fast bowlers like starc and cummis, two spinners XJ doherty and GB Hogg, Medium fast bowler Shane watson. Their bowling strength is stronger than us. While we are struggling with 4th and fifth bowler.
They have dominant openers, proper player like mike hussey, Stroke player like White.
While out batting is unpredictable.
No doubt Imran nazir is good stroke player but when it comes to genuine fast and seem bowler, he does always struggle. Afridi is out of form, Hafeez is not bowling regularly, Yasir arafat is going for many runs, Umar gul is not finding correct line 0 length and easily missing the yorkers , and it becomes juicy full toss, Kamran akmal have bad gloves, easily missing straight forward chances.
I think Australia is favorite today. We should not except too much from our team.
To win this match, we need extraordinary effort in the fielding, Need Good aggressive captaincy to put pressure on opponent and Good batting.

AoA,

NOW SITUATION/SCENARIO for Semis IS this

Pak beats Aus + S.a beats ind= Pak and Aus qualifies
Pak beats Aus + ind beats s.a by 50 runs = Pak and ind qualifies
Aus beats Pak + S.a beats ind by 60=Aus and S.a qualifies
Aus beats Pak and s.a beats ind by 15runs =Aus and Pak qualifies

As for Pakistan -- i suggest we drop Yassir Arafat and use Razak. Our batting against bhartis was SHYTE; our fielding was pathetic. I was very angry and disappointed last Saturday.

this one against Australian will be real tough but in T-20 format Pakistan is statistically better. In T20 internationals Aus record is very good against every opposition except Pakistan & SL. Against Pakistan Aus win percentage = 45% & against SL their win percentage = 33%

Yaar idhar match jeetne ke asaar nazar nahi arahay aap Australia ko 50 runs se hara rahay ho :D

Wese woh jo Dubai main 89 runs wali kahani ki thi woh phir honi chahiye.

aaj pakistan match jeety ge aaj saed ajmal ka din hai pakistan austrila ko shikast dega

Hope Australia beats Pakistan by a huge margin and India beats SA.

Yeah if Pakistan thrash Australia by 100 runs and India thrashes SA by 100 runs we'll both make it to the Semis :D

So I would say its open, not WIDE open.

Dil Ko Behlane Ke Liye Ghalib Yeh Khayal Acha hai !!

:lol:
^^^This is shane watson laughing on you Asim.

Pakistan and Australia will go through semi-finals.... Pakistan is up against australia who thinks they already in semifinal.... (not realy because if india beat SA by 37 runs and pak beat Aus by 45 runs than both pak and india are through to semi-finals).... Aus wont play with full strength.... While SA is injured tiger who is far deadly.... SA are chockers but they will do anything to win last match.... Our big worry is their Bowling attack.... India has to watch that first 4 overs.... SA didnt clicked so far. i have a gut feeling they will click today.... india has to bring back bhajji in place of laxmipati balaji.... SA plays fast bowling really well....

Shane Watson is the most run scorer in WC so far, he's is the most wicket taker, he has hit most number of boundaries, he is in the top list of longest sixes, what else am I missing? The match would be in fact between Pak VS Shane Watson.

Pakistan and Australia will go through semi-finals.... Pakistan is up against australia who thinks they already in semifinal.... (not realy because if india beat SA by 37 runs and pak beat Aus by 45 runs than both pak and india are through to semi-finals).... Aus wont play with full strength.... While SA is injured tiger who is far deadly.... SA are chockers but they will do anything to win last match.... Our big worry is their Bowling attack.... India has to watch that first 4 overs.... SA didnt clicked so far. i have a gut feeling they will click today.... india has to bring back bhajji in place of laxmipati balaji.... SA plays fast bowling really well....

The answer to your doubt lies in your post itself. This time Australia wont take that risk, because that can harm their chances of getting intt the semis..as they know India is capable of beating SA by more than 37 runs. But I agree they have done it in the past..but not this time mate;)

Just one match before the semis, Australia cant afford to relax, they will certainly want the winning momentum to continue. They will pay full strength and will will look to thrash pakistan black and blue.

On the other hand, South Africa's self respect is on the line. If they loose today, then it will super humiliation since they are Number One team in ICC T20 rankings.

The best way for India will be IF Australia continue their super form and beat pakistan out of the tournament and IF AT ALL India ends up loosing to SA today, they should loose by a very small margin. Since India is -0.46 and SA is -0.6, India. after loosing will still make it to the semis.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom