What's new

Pakistan-US hold consultations over strategic defence dialogue: ISPR

Well if USA was to search every ship headed for Gwadar it would be close to an act of war. the question is what does Pakistani generals do

That would be an act of war but if they were to target chinese cargoes in International waters the matter is entirely US-chinese matter. You can't just block a port to 250m ppl and starve them it is not only a declaration of war but it is an act of war which will guaraantee a reaction and armed conflict.

No country would pursue such moves tho unless at war times probably during WW3. countries will attempt to block each others ports and put siege on each other but no sovereign country will undertake that outside of war Because it is an act of war.

Also another thing to note is that taking Chinese cargoes on International waters is also an act of war on China. If the US were to take Chinese cargoes on International waters lets just say close to the US atlantic ocean first time it will bring serious diplomatic melt down and if continued twice or 3 times it will lead to a guaraanteed armed conflict between US and China and vice versa if China were to do the same thing the US would respond equally with armed conflict you need to understand the basics of International law and basic laws between countries and agreements and the dos and don'ts

Last edited:
That would be an act of war but if they were to target chinese cargoes in International waters the matter is entirely US-chinese matter. You can't just block a port to 250m ppl and starve them it is not only a declaration of war but it is an act of war which will guaraantee a reaction and armed conflict.

No country would pursue such moves tho unless at war times probably during WW3. countries will attempt to block each others ports and put siege on each other but no sovereign country will undertake that outside of war Because it is an act of war.

Also another thing to note is that taking Chinese cargoes on International waters is also an act of war on China. If the US were to take Chinese cargoes on International waters lets just say close to the US atlantic ocean first time it will bring serious diplomatic melt down and if continued twice or 3 times it will lead to a guaraanteed armed conflict between US and China and vice versa if China were to do the same thing the US would respond equally with armed conflict you need to understand the basics of International law and basic laws between countries and agreements and the dos and don'ts

If everything you say is true how does CPEC or Gwadar make Chinese trade more "secure" ?

Let me get it straight. When US carrier groups impound Chinese cargo ships headed for Gwadar Pakistan is going to risk its neck for China without a hostile India by its side

Very good point you raise, best course of action should be that instead of going against US, both Pak and China should gang up on India and beat the living day light out of it till cows come home.

If everything you say is true how does CPEC or Gwadar make Chinese trade more "secure" ?

Because China has border with Pakistan and if goods enter from the North it becomes local goods instantly but previously I was explaining to you how International law works and believe me nobody would resort to taking cargoes of sovereign countries on the open International waters without it igniting a war or port blockade and again This is just part of my explaining of how International laws work and how basic laws between countries work. This is non-scenario in the real world. The relations between China and US is just a rivalry but they are not in an open war hence International trading law is honored by both sides.

China-Us they are trading allies despite rivalry but that doesn't mean either they will breach International law on each other. I just don't think you previously understood how International laws and the territorial sovereignity mechanics work which is basically the ABC of geopolitics but however it is good that you know now since I took my time to explain it to you

Last edited:
Don't derail the thread

I was just explaining to him the technical aspect of the territorial sovereignity and International laws. He was oblivious to these parts and his posts were sort of not in touch with the real world. But I agree it was slightly off-topic. My apologies

I was just explaining to him the technical aspect of the territorial sovereignity and International laws. He was oblivious to these parts and his posts were sort of not in touch with the real world. But I agree it was slightly off-topic. My apologies
He is an Indian derail thread all the time back to the topic plz

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom