What's new

Pakistan-Turkey to undertake joint defence productions

The most important thing i think we should do as far as joint defence goes is set up a Otokar production plant in Pakistan. That way all of pakistan's APC needs would be covered for the WOT.

Otokar Cobra
1-cobra.jpg

Otokar Arma
otokar-armaya-ilk-siparis-yurtdisindan-20101207A0712043-01.jpg

Otokar Kaya
IMG_1622.jpg

I heard that only POF exported 200Millions arms in 2008/09

Yes it was around 250 or somethin million in 2008....... it was around 500+ million in 2009......... and due to economic crisis and ongoing WOT nd our own need we cancelled export orders worth 500 millon during the first half of 2010.

We dont need Oktar cobra..... we re buidin our own armoured jeeps like mohafiz,armoured defenders etc and APCs like talha,saad etc.

Wat we need to focus on ship building and other advanced sensors nd stuff.

XDS LAV used by F.C balouchistan:
2iw6539.jpg

Last edited:
Looks very similar to our mohafiz.

Is it based on the land rover defender ? Ours is so they would probably be similar then.

Though this has moved to the police. The Cobra is now what the military uses. (it has also become our largest export) Algeria,Georgia,Slovenia, Bangladesh, Nigeria all use it.

Milgem would be important procurement too. No need for those OHPs if PN went for 4 Milgems then you would have advanced stealth ships protecting your coastline.

Is it based on the land rover defender ? Ours is so they would probably be similar then.

Yeah Defender 110.

Though this has moved to the police. The Cobra is now what the military uses. (it has also become our largest export) Algeria,Georgia,Slovenia, Bangladesh, Nigeria all use it.

Same here..... Mohafiz is being used by police and other law enforcing agencies while XDS LAV is being used by Para military it was just introduced last year.

There is also a MRAP called Ababeel whose status is not known yet...... its very similiar to the israeli CAT...... Its was accidently photographed during visit of some general to HIT complex.

Milgem would be important procurement too. No need for those OHPs if PN went for 4 Milgems then you would have advanced stealth ships protecting your coastline.

:tup:........ arma looks good too.

Last edited:
Yeah Defender 110.

Same here..... Mohafiz is being used by police and other law enforcing agencies while XDS LAV is being used by Para military it was just introduced last year.

There is also an MRAP called Ababeel whose status is not known yet...... its very similiar to the israeli CAT...... Its was accidently photographed during visit of some general to HIT complex.

:tup:........ arma looks good too.

Arma or FNSS Pars. Those are the 6x6 ones we make. Though the Pars one comes in a 8x8 too.

FNSS Pars 8x8

wahaha.jpg

This is a modded version for the malaysia army. 30mm bushmaster cannon and upgraded armor.

---------- Post added at 11:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:29 AM ----------

Does all the three Otokar's share common chassis?

No they all vary in design. None are based off the same design.

You guys are discussing Armour here.... but i think its going to be some sharing from Turkey on JFT. F16 related matters. And Artillery.

You guys are discussing Armour here.... but i think its going to be some sharing from Turkey on JFT. F16 related matters. And Artillery.

I am not sure what happened with Artillery honestly. There was that order for panters but no follow ups. That artillery piece did put Pakistan ahead of India though. Before it was the other way around since they had the Bofos FH-77B but the panter had the upper hand with a longer barrel 52Cal vs 39Cal which translated to 10km more with basebleed rounds over the Bofos.

WOW, until I searched the internet I never knew Turkey developed such outstanding war machines. .

ACV 300

sanabil-mirza-albums-ta-picture4197-acv-300.jpg

T115:

sanabil-mirza-albums-ta-picture4198-t155-firtina-l2.jpg

The Otokar Cobra would be benificial to the Pakistan Army. I don't know much about this vehicle so I am summing up it's abilities by it's picture (Correct me, by all means, if I am mistaken). It's high ground clearence makes it very robust on off-road rocky terrain that is found in western half of Pakistan. It's angled v-shaped hull makes it resistant to mines and I.E.Ds, thus protecting the troops inside. This would make for a very valuable patrolling and troop cover-support vehicle.

@Jigs

We have 30 panters (According to wiki) but no source..... So no confirmation

I encourage our fellow Turkish to joint developments with our Barbur Cruise Missiles that would boost their defences! It is now upgraded to 800KM carrying a 500+ pound warhead. 1000KM is under way.....

hatf8-cruise-missle-raad-may-8-2008.jpg

Can't do we are part of the (MTCR). We can not import anything over 300km range.

Back
Top Bottom