What's new

Pakistan - Turkey (PAC-TAI) Collaboration for NGFA-TFX 5th Gen Aircraft l Updates, News & Discussion

Most probably Chinese engine and avionics to integrate Chinese weapons set which we currently using and even upcoming
Engine would probably be Chinese, unless PAF wishes to surprise us. But avionics is a question mark in my mind. It may be a mix of things. But I think that the radar at least, the main component of avionics package, would be indigenous.

It is quite simple that Pakistan can't try its luck on TFX due to origin of TFX Engine being UK.
Possibility is that PAF is collaborating with Turkey on avionics and some key parts development for NGFA.May be PAF will pay to TAI firms for helping us in design phase and sensors development.Full TFX is no go.

@JamD how much serious we can take the recently released PAF video? I think it was just engineers doing their routine fun.
The TFX using an engine of UK origin or involving UK technologies is the best possible outcome for the PAF outside of Turkey developing its own engine from scratch. In either case, the engine will be ITAR-free (i.e. no key US parts). That's the main condition the PAF is worried about

Engine would probably be Chinese, unless PAF wishes to surprise us. But avionics is a question mark in my mind. It may be a mix of things. But I think that the radar at least, the main component of avionics package, would be indigenous.
Yes avoinics will mix to use both Chinese and Turkish (western origin) weapons

Similar case like jinnah class ship will be Turkish origin but will have Chinese addition too

The TFX using an engine of UK origin or involving UK technologies is the best possible outcome for the PAF outside of Turkey developing its own engine from scratch. In either case, the engine will be ITAR-free (i.e. no key US parts). That's the main condition the PAF is worried about
Make sense, but UK is USA puppet they can make what ever they want to restrict on the other hand PAF will try to integrate backup option atleast in prototypes for PAF specific version possible engine will Russian or Chinese

This video is a representative of what PAF has already in service.
Showing Azam models means PAF is still going independently. In particular the bad experience of T129 Pakistan is not in a mood to put all its eggs in one basket.

What ever cooperation there will be it will be on compleat system or sub system that Turkey makes Independently.

This video is a representative of what PAF has already in service.
Showing Azam models means PAF is still going independently. In particular the bad experience of T129 Pakistan is not in a mood to put all its eggs in one basket.

What ever cooperation there will be it will be on compleat system or sub system that Turkey makes Independently.
T129 was due to American engines

T129 was due to American engines
That is what I meant. If TFX involved any major Western part subject to third party restrictions. PAF will most likely desist from such a project. And any involvement may be limited to the point of it being an additional or second option only.

That is what I meant. If TFX involved any major Western part subject to third party restrictions. PAF will most likely desist from such a project. And any involvement may be limited to the point of it being an additional or second option only.
For that PAC can go with Chinese engine integration for PAF variant

Yes avoinics will mix to use both Chinese and Turkish (western origin) weapons

Similar case like jinnah class ship will be Turkish origin but will have Chinese addition too

Make sense, but UK is USA puppet they can make what ever they want to restrict on the other hand PAF will try to integrate backup option atleast in prototypes for PAF specific version possible engine will Russian or Chinese

I think this is key, Turkey and China do not hesitate to integrate systems onto each other's weapons platforms.

Nothing is final until its officially inducted into service.
But it makes more sense to go with independent design if we're not sure of a major component like engine. Modifying TFX to use chines engine while original one is using Western one will still need lots of work.

Good if it happens. I would not be holding my breath, though.
If we are going to buy a Chinese or Turkish fighter jet in the end, then it is very unreasonable and expensive approach to work on NGFA.PAF should work on Turkish MIUS like stealth UCAVs.I am all for spending all our energies on avionics and UAVs development.

I somewhere read about development of fixed wing UAV.Thats the way to go.

The status of collaboration will be clear in coming months, what sort collaboration they going for or is there actual JV or not

It's a JV b/w Kale Group and Rolls Royce for a new NGF engine as per Prof Ismail Demir. RR may not have a large market share in military grade engines to begin with. So, it's a win-win...

Back
Top Bottom