What's new

Pakistan-Turkey 4 Milgem Ada Class Corvettes Contract - Construction started

1611601254158.png

Jinnah Class would be a hybrid of I-Class and Ada Class, but PN will have their own inputs which they learned from F-22's and Type 54's. Plus the Jinnah class will see an extended order from PN after this order ends.
Isn't the hybrid of ada and I class is what PN is getting ?

well it doesn't make much sense if Jinnah class is an extended version of Milgem. We are already getting it as per our specifications. an VSL and local ASM or LACM.

Further when PN is getting Type 54 why go for a similar size ship from another source instead of customization of same.

On both above ground I believe that Jinnah class will most likely be even bigger some thing in TF 2000 class or an extended version of I class in similar size to TF 2000.

Last edited:
So they've started the design work for 2 Jinnah-class frigates?

Does that mean the PN MILGEM program is now 6 ships (4 corvettes + 2 frigates)?

Report seems pretty clear
4 coverttes and 2 frigates that will probably be a form of istanbul class and will be inhouse designed for IP rights and experience

Will such an experience be thrown away or will navy keep on slowly building upon

We should never import any more ships..we should build upon jinnah class
These 8 ships+ 8 subs(milgem t54) are enough for stop gap
Future should be inhouse/JVs
Pakistani journalism
Possible

True, but this report seems a little too logical for typical Pakistani news reports.
The report as far as I have understood is related to the design phase of Jinnah class Frigate. Maybe the lead ship may be built either in Turkey or under Turkish guidence atPN shipyard.
A

Ofcourse What comes after Milgems are Jinnah.
If Jinnah is further evolution of Milgem, then starting the Jinnah production right after Milgem make complete sense.

Now I am thinking again,
How Jinnah class factors in PN? Further additions to surface fleet (six heavy tonnage vessels)? Or replacement of Zulfiqar class (highly unlikely)?

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom