What's new

Pakistan-Turkey 4 Milgem Ada Class Corvettes Contract - Construction started

Ofcourse What comes after Milgems are Jinnah.
If Jinnah is further evolution of Milgem, then starting the Jinnah production right after Milgem make complete sense.

Now I am thinking again,
How Jinnah class factors in PN? Further additions to surface fleet (six heavy tonnage vessels)? Or replacement of Zulfiqar class (highly unlikely)?
We both read from a reliable member that the 'six heavy tonnage vessels' thing may not matter as much, at least in the sense of getting additional OPVs from Damen Shipyards.

So, the 'six heavy tonnage vessels' are still either OPVs, or the PN is changing its plans at a deeper level. If the PN is changing its plans, then I don't think the 'six heavy tonnage vessels' part matters much anymore; we'll have to wait for new info.

I suspect the PN is simply moving to a fleet of at least 12 ships that can fully deliver on AShW, ASW, and AAW (via VLS).

It currently has 8 such ships in the pipeline via the Type 054A/P and the MILGEM corvettes. So, it may be planning for 4 Jinnah-class frigates to complete this fleet goal. But overall, the 12 ships will add to the 4 F-22P and 2 Damen OPVs, hence giving the PN a total of 18 2,000+ ton ships (of which 12 are fully capable, and 6 are AShW + ASW capable).

We both read from a reliable member that the 'six heavy tonnage vessels' thing may not matter as much, at least in the sense of getting additional OPVs from Damen Shipyards.

So, the 'six heavy tonnage vessels' are still either OPVs, or the PN is changing its plans at a deeper level. If the PN is changing its plans, then I don't think the 'six heavy tonnage vessels' part matters much anymore; we'll have to wait for new info.

I suspect the PN is simply moving to a fleet of at least 12 ships that can fully deliver on AShW, ASW, and AAW (via VLS).

It currently has 8 such ships in the pipeline via the Type 054A/P and the MILGEM corvettes. So, it may be planning for 4 Jinnah-class frigates to complete this fleet goal. But overall, the 12 ships will add to the 4 F-22P and 2 Damen OPVs, hence giving the PN a total of 18 2,000+ ton ships (of which 12 are fully capable, and 6 are AShW + ASW capable).

My concern is that it seems for hull numbers we are going to start looking good, but the question in war will be how many we can effectively field in combat? We will need to train a massive number of men now, can we do this? Do we have refit facilities for all these ships? What about modern helicopters? We simply do not have enough. We will need more replenshiment vessals, we only got one new one from Turkey, we need a follow on from that.

Ship numbers are great, but useless if most of them remain in port

Ship numbers are great, but useless if most of them remain in port

Hi,

That sound very eager of you---.

Has this situation occurred in any other military branch regarding number of men to equipment---?

This is a type of question that would would have been asked by Eliahu Cohen to an unsuspecting high ranking Syrian officer at the Golan Heights to splurge out the details of the number of trained staff to man all the ships---in a fit of zealous nationalism.

Last edited:
Hi,

That sound very eager of you---.

Has this situation occurred in any other military branch regarding number of men to equipment---?

This is a type of question that would would have been asked by Eliahu Cohen to an unsuspecting high ranking Syrian officer at the Golan Heights to splurge out the details of the number of trained staff to man all the ships---in a fit of zealous nationalism.

Unsure of the point (if any) you are trying to make here?

Unsure of the point (if any) you are trying to make here?

Few things about pn version of ada pn version is longer weigh more and can stay at Sea for 20 days vs Turkish Ada the follow specs are not correct of o am
Not mistake.

The corvettes, which can cruise uninterrupted for 15 days, will be 99.56 meters long and 14.42 meters wide with a maximum speed of 26 knots.

correction sorry it went from 10 days for Turkish 2300 Tons to 15 days at sea plus 2960 tons ship for pak navy also pn ship is 108 meter vs Turkish 99 meter

Last edited:
Few things about pn version of ada pn version is longer weigh more and can stay at Sea for 20 days vs Turkish Ada the follow specs are not correct of o am
Not mistake.

The corvettes, which can cruise uninterrupted for 15 days, will be 99.56 meters long and 14.42 meters wide with a maximum speed of 26 knots.

correction sorry it went from 10 days for Turkish 2300 Tons to 15 days at sea plus 2960 tons ship for pak navy frigate or not corvette .
,also pn ship is 108 meter vs Turkish 99 meter
IMG_20210124_173337.jpeg

AB187436-28B8-45C6-B501-BA677AF7E70F.jpeg
AB187436-28B8-45C6-B501-BA677AF7E70F.jpeg

well it doesn't make much sense if Jinnah class is an extended version of Milgem. We are already getting it as per our specifications. an VSL and local ASM or LACM.

Further when PN is getting Type 54 why go for a similar size ship from another source instead of customization of same.

On both above ground I believe that Jinnah class will most likely be even bigger some thing in TF 2000 class or an extended version of I class in similar size to TF 2000.
It’s good to not put all your eggs in one basket, one may have capabilities the other one doesn’t, secondly Jinnah class can be produced locally, unlike Type 54 or 53. This also means we can get more ships in a shorter amount of time. It may not seem like it but Jinnah class is a step towards indigenization.

Jinnah class is a keystone project, wherein for the first time, u will have ur own design & KOM (kit of material). This would be a quantum leap for future production of one or many types of ships; affording commonality of construction techNology and Inventory....
Lot many other cost benefits in long term scenario
Moreover, the boost that shipbuilding industry would accrue is unimaginable... InshaaAllah

Back
Top Bottom