What's new

Pakistan-Turkey 4 Milgem Ada Class Corvettes Contract - Construction started

oh! does active radar seeker activates just after launch? i dont think so, until terminal phase missile seeker is silent gets corrections from battery radar(ship radar), so ? active is much better
Not really

is there evidence that CAMM-ER is better than HHQ 16 A ? maybe B version of HHQ16 B is also in tables. Tables have changed I think Chinese HHQ16 A is as potent as any counter part. West dillema needs to end. I may be wrong so please enlighten if CAMM-ER is better.
Yes, there is, I have discussed it to death in the 054a forum, go read there,

Also, nothing to states a b variant of the ship based hq-16 exists, it’s never been ‘on the tables’ or ever been adopted by anyone so. Heck, idek if ‘B’ is exported, we operate rhe hq16a
oh! does active radar seeker activates just after launch? i dont think so, until terminal phase missile seeker is silent gets corrections from battery radar(ship radar), so ? active is much better
Yes, mid course by ships sensors, terminal guidance by its own. No limitations like crappy old illuminators being used on the 054a which gimp the missiles range, capabilities and engagements

so ours COULD be armed more heavily but they didn’t

Attachments

• 3CEB926D-34FD-4E4F-8918-BF4F6B99D2E5.jpeg
    3CEB926D-34FD-4E4F-8918-BF4F6B99D2E5.jpeg
    118.1 KB · Views: 72

Also, nothing to states a b variant of the ship based hq-16 exists, it’s never been ‘on the tables’ or ever been adopted by anyone so. Heck, idek if ‘B’ is exported, we operate rhe hq16a

Yes, mid course by ships sensors, terminal guidance by its own. No limitations like crappy old illuminators being used on the 054a which gimp the missiles range, capabilities and engagements
Can CAMM ER stop Brahmose supersonic missile?
Somewhere on PDF,one indian member was saying that brahmose can be stoped by Barak 8.As Barak is active radar homing defence system and CAMM ER is also featured with active radar homing ability,so it should stop brahmose.

Also what are chances of CAMM ER against Brahmose 2?

This is correct, HQ-16B is not going to be ship-borne at all, it’s only land based and so far not offered for export.

The improved HQ-16 for naval purposes will be the HQ-16C according to Chinese and other sources, however that system is not fully ready yet, at least one source says it has been tested and a couple others say it’s at least under the works, which would make sense, China has to take these missiles somewhere and the improved land based version can be a basis for that; so maybe we will see them on our Type 054As in the future when they get upgraded, but right now, we are only get HQ-16A.
Somewhere on PDF,one indian member was saying that brahmose can be stoped by Barak 8.As Barak is active radar homing defence system and CAMM ER is also featured with active radar homing ability,so it should stop brahmose.

I’ll let the person you asked answer but just know the Brahmos isn’t actually anything special. It’s literally just a rebranded and renamed Russian P800 missile from early 2000s that the Indians like to hype up a lot As being their creation or being some god-like missile. It’s not even the better version of the P800. Just the downgraded export version, as always Indians keep saying 20 years in advance that they will “upgrade it to the better version” but always Get to it several years later.…

Last edited:

CAMM/ER are more than capable of stopping hypersonics, this has nothing to do with the type of seeker onboard, the HQ-16 can also engage hypersonics, just not as well, CAMM is far more manoeuvrable and when used in the most optimal config (ExLS, MK41,SYLVER) offers you 4x your cell count in missiles, it’s a very good system, providing our ships with a great layer of self defence, the only problem is that that’s all it is, a layer of self defence, you will not have that wide area AAW coverage SM2MR/Aster 30 would get you, but it’ll do the job just fine.

on the note of Barak-8, i don’t understand that missile, kinematically it seems particularly poor, i’m not sure whether it has some sort of sustainer motor or what but it tops out at high mach 2, meaning it’s gonna bleed energy real fast against a manoeuvring target

CAMM/ER are more than capable of stopping hypersonics, this has nothing to do with the type of seeker onboard, the HQ-16 can also engage hypersonics, just not as well, CAMM is far more manoeuvrable and when used in the most optimal config (ExLS, MK41,SYLVER) offers you 4x your cell count in missiles, it’s a very good system, providing our ships with a great layer of self defence, the only problem is that that’s all it is, a layer of self defence, you will not have that wide area AAW coverage SM2MR/Aster 30 would get you, but it’ll do the job just fine.

on the note of Barak-8, i don’t understand that missile, kinematically it seems particularly poor, i’m not sure whether it has some sort of sustainer motor or what but it tops out at high mach 2, meaning it’s gonna bleed energy real fast against a manoeuvring target
Just one question more bro I will not disturb you any more 🙂

If i am on warship and anti ship missile is following me, should I stop the ship and then engage the missile as if I ship will move,missile will also maneuver so it will be difficult to intercept it.

I am just wondering how our naval men handle the psychological pressure and what is their tactic in handling the incoming missile?

expand on this plz ....

Right, you’re going to need to bare with me because I don’t actually know the appropriate names for the parts of a ship, so I’m going to just call them whatever lol.

so on Jinnah/Babur, we have 12-16 gws26 at the front, in front of the superstructure. The Ukrainians, did not do this, their version has 2x4 vls at the back of the ship, without cutting into the hull, it’s almost like a mk56 vls setup, where it’s not baked into the hull, but is sort of an add on, granted, in the Ukrainian ships it’s attached to the structures of the ship. I will attach a photo below. Of course, if space was the biggest issue, why wouldn’t they just get a 4 cell SYLVER set up and cram 16 camm-er in there, I suspect, the original plan was SYLVER, 16 cells, which would have meant 64 missiles, but in the end, the french denied us, meaning we had to go for the worst of the worst option, gws, which meant we are heavily limited in our load out, capping us at 1 per cell, vs 4 per cell like ExLS, mk41 or some SYLVER would allow. Though, as I mentioned above, we might have been able to cram an additional 12 cells towards the back of the ship, where the Ukrainians have theirs, allowing for 24 missiles.
Just one question more bro I will not disturb you any more 🙂

If i am on warship and anti ship missile is following me, should I stop the ship and then engage the missile as if I ship will move,missile will also maneuver so it will be difficult to intercept it.

I am just wondering how our naval men handle the psychological pressure and what is their tactic in handling the incoming missile?

Disturb me all you want, I’m happy to explain
Missiles don’t follow, rather, they meet you at a given way point, adjusting their course on the way there to ensure there is an optimum intercept point. You don’t need to stop anything, you fire on the go as your self defence missile will do the exact same, it will calculate an optimum point of interception using its own, or off board guidance, to then destroy the inbound missile. But yeah, you can defeat a missile kinematically by bleeding all of its energy, however, most anti ship missiles are powered until the very end, so it’s unlikely you can do so, this also paired with the fact that ships are slow and can’t evade as well as a plane (I don’t really want to expand on that so I’ve left it really simplified lol), defeating an AShM kinematically is rare unless you’re a small fast manueverable boat, like the azmat class fac. But nah, you manuevering will have little to no effect on interception, missiles are smart, they don’t need input from the launcher*, they’ll do all of the work themselves

Attachments

• 6605A800-0443-4E5C-9E2E-35CF495AA01B.jpeg
    6605A800-0443-4E5C-9E2E-35CF495AA01B.jpeg
    199.1 KB · Views: 57
Last edited:
[
Right, you’re going to need to bare with me because I don’t actually know the appropriate names for the parts of a ship, so I’m going to just call them whatever lol.

so on Jinnah/Babur, we have 12-16 gws26 at the front, in front of the superstructure. The Ukrainians, did not do this, their version has 2x4 vls at the back of the ship, without cutting into the hull, it’s almost like a mk56 vls setup, where it’s not baked into the hull, but is sort of an add on, granted, in the Ukrainian ships it’s attached to the structures of the ship. I will attach a photo below. Of course, if space was the biggest issue, why wouldn’t they just get a 4 cell SYLVER set up and cram 16 camm-er in there, I suspect, the original plan was SYLVER, 16 cells, which would have meant 64 missiles, but in the end, the french denied us, meaning we had to go for the worst of the worst option, gws, which meant we are heavily limited in our load out, capping us at 1 per cell, vs 4 per cell like ExLS, mk41 or some SYLVER would allow. Though, as I mentioned above, we might have been able to cram an additional 12 cells towards the back of the ship, where the Ukrainians have theirs, allowing for 24 missiles.

Disturb me all you want, I’m happy to explain
Missiles don’t follow, rather, they meet you at a given way point, adjusting their course on the way there to ensure there is an optimum intercept point. You don’t need to stop anything, you fire on the go as your self defence missile will do the exact same, it will calculate an optimum point of interception using its own, or off board guidance, to then destroy the inbound missile. But yeah, you can defeat a missile kinematically by bleeding all of its energy, however, most anti ship missiles are powered until the very end, so it’s unlikely you can do so, this also paired with the fact that ships are slow and can’t evade as well as a plane (I don’t really want to expand on that so I’ve left it really simplified lol), defeating an AShM kinematically is rare unless you’re a small fast manueverable boat, like the azmat class fac. But nah, you manuevering will have little to no effect on interception, missiles are smart, they don’t need input from the launcher*, they’ll do all of the work themselves
Thank you bhai for such a detailed answer

Back
Top Bottom