What's new

Pakistan-Turkey 4 Milgem Ada Class Corvettes Contract - Construction started

Who broke the news first?
@PakShaheen79 in post #816 in this thread, and with source links too! (You gave the rating to Post #817).

Interesting that PN is still taking a dual approach to weapons supply choosing both NATO standard and Chinese when it comes to Frigates. . This makes me think the next batch of Subs after Hangor may well be Turkish/Italian.

Increasingly it seems Pak Armed forces will remain on course to continue to have western and Chinese systems and not go completely Chinese.

Interesting that PN is still taking a dual approach to weapons supply choosing both NATO standard and Chinese when it comes to Frigates. . This makes me think the next batch of Subs after Hangor may well be Turkish/Italian.

Increasingly it seems Pak Armed forces will remain on course to continue to have western and Chinese systems and not go completely Chinese.
It’s always good to not put all your eggs in one basket, Pakistan has shown interest in the MILDEN project, that could turn into a good long-term submarine project for the country after the Hangors.

In which domain ..... ??

just on the basis of air defence missiles don't you think it would be a bold claim .... ???

secondly it is still not clear that which VLS will be used to install Albratros NG, my bet is on the dedicated single individual cell of CAMM missiles rather on the US or French VLS systems which offer quad-pack capability. In this case the maximum number of air defence missile would be 16 as shown in CGI of Pakistan's Milgem class ships ....

Please share Cenk AESA radar specs if available

Unofficially, it is expected to be a radar with a range of 220-250 km.

This is the only image officially shown by Aselsan.

E02OqBtWEAQPcfb

It has become clear that an active phased array radar named Cenk will be used in İ class frigates. I wish there was an AESA in Pakistan's ships, regardless of the manufacturer.
Well, the Pakistan Navy forum has a penchant for making dreams come through. The CAMM-ER news was a bit unlikely, so you never know, the PN might swap out the SMART-S Mk2 with an AESA radar (e.g., Sea Giraffe 4, TRML-4D, or Cenk).

Well, the Pakistan Navy forum has a penchant for making dreams come through. The CAMM-ER news was a bit unlikely, so you never know, the PN might swap out the SMART-S Mk2 with an AESA radar (e.g., Sea Giraffe 4, TRML-4D, or Cenk).

On a level and I'm being serious they listen i.e. the higher ups. If not take everything on board but food for thought.....

Its good that we have chinese and Turkish weapons and systems in PN but what about the interoperability between them? The PN need to have some level of interoperability between chinese systems and Turkish ones or else we wont be fully utilizing the capabilities of the diverse fleet.

With it looking like Z-9 chopper for Chinese frigates it will be interesting to see what chopper PN chooses for MILGEM, Z-9 will be incompatible with all the NATO systems in it. My best is on Wildcat, SH-60 (unlikley I think) or we pay Italy to develop a Naval version of AW139

I
On a level and I'm being serious they listen i.e. the higher ups. If not take everything on board but food for thought.....
I feel like PAF and navy people are more competent and professional. They do think critically and end up getting good stuff. The army generals on the other hand have their own vested interests, no mraps, no attack helicopter, aging transport heli fleet are just some examples

The only thing left about these ships are there helicopters. We still don't know which helicopter will be used on these ships ?

With it looking like Z-9 chopper for Chinese frigates it will be interesting to see what chopper PN chooses for MILGEM, Z-9 will be incompatible with all the NATO systems in it. My best is on Wildcat, SH-60 (unlikley I think) or we pay Italy to develop a Naval version of AW139
If the PAA had received their T129s, I think the PN would've acquired the AW159 -- the two platforms use the same engine. However, that aside, I think the AW159 has a solid shot. The unit cost is around $50 m all-in, and the PN could probably source a credit line from the UK and Italy.

IMHO, the PN will work to get 12 AW159s (for the MILGEM corvettes and Jinnah-class frigates) and 6 AW101s through this decade.

You know, the tri services rarely bother with supply-spare chain commonality. Each branch think it knows the best, and it will acquire its own solution, no matter how much out of box.
If the PAA had received their T129s, I think the PN would've acquired the AW159 -- the two platforms use the same engine. However, that aside, I think the AW159 has a solid shot. The unit cost is around $50 m all-in, and the PN could probably source a credit line from the UK and Italy.

IMHO, the PN will work to get 12 AW159s (for the MILGEM corvettes and Jinnah-class frigates) and 6 AW101s through this decade.
We should start advocating for AW-159. Afterall, several times our advocacy on this forum has been realized by the navy. 😂

Back
Top Bottom