What's new

Pakistan-Turkey 4 Milgem Ada Class Corvettes Contract - Construction started

No 3 and 4 to be build in karachi Pakistan, then onword jinnah class
As per @Tipu7 , contract of 2 Jinnah class is done with turkish and first one construction will start within a year in pakistan

So it will be interesting that ada and jinnah will in construction at similar time frames in pakistan

resim_2021-05-08_083443.png

From Aselsan's Annual Report - p.94 https://www.aselsan.com.tr/2020_Faaliyet_Raporu_2314.pdf

"In the MİLGEM-5 Project, the Combat System Contract for the first frigate (Istanbul Class Frigate) to be designed and built nationally and locally was signed in 2020 and entered into force. Unlike the previous MİLGEM Corvette Platforms in the project:
ALPER Illumination Radar,
Pulse Type LPI Radar,
Extended Band Electronic Warfare Suite,
AKREP Fire Control Radar,
PIRI Infrared Search and Tracking System,
National Torpedo Tube System,
FERSAH Hull Mounted Sonar System,
GÖKDENİZ close-in weapon system,
CENK search radar,
and National IFF System, included in new configuration."

I bring this part to the attention of Pakistani defense enthusiasts, due to the maximum similarity between TCG Istanbul frigate and the PN-MILGEM project navionic equipment.

@Bilal Khan (Quwa)

Pakistan needs to stop wasting money on low tech items and should be focusing on drone carriers integrated with Satellites and AWACs.
The fact that you called these low tech shows how you perceive military technology. Drones are near useless in Pak-India warfare. They have been overhyped due to conflicts where one side had a major edge. They are almost unprotected against SAMS and fighter aircraft. Any country with decent AD or AF will shoot them like mosquitos.

The fact that you called these low tech shows how you perceive military technology. Drones are near useless in Pak-India warfare. They have been overhyped due to conflicts where one side had a major edge. They are almost unprotected against SAMS and fighter aircraft. Any country with decent AD or AF will shoot them like mosquitos.
True for low tech drones but my vision is for Hitech drones with stealth, ECM and anti-jamming capabilities. Not low speed propeller drones but high speed turbofan or rocket powered drones. Also your vision of application may differ from mine. My vision for Pak Navy is for drones to extend reconnaissance, guidance, early warning and targeting for Missiles and planes. There will be offensive drones, defensive drones, sensor carriers and weapons carriers, drones for submarine hunting, drones for ship hunting , drones for guiding torpedoes, drones for early warning etc etc. To protect drones from jamming we would need intelligent autonomous drones.

True for low tech drones but my vision is for Hitech drones with stealth, ECM and anti-jamming capabilities. Not low speed propeller drones but high speed turbofan or rocket powered drones. Also your vision of application may differ from mine. My vision for Pak Navy is for drones to extend reconnaissance, guidance, early warning and targeting for Missiles and planes. There will be offensive drones, defensive drones, sensor carriers and weapons carriers, drones for submarine hunting, drones for ship hunting , drones for guiding torpedoes, drones for early warning etc etc. To protect drones from jamming we would need intelligent autonomous drones.
Pakistan doesn’t have the technology to make anything even close to that. Not even the USA and China have it yet. If we start working on that now we will be undefended for the next 50 years. We cannot be too idealistic. As drones advance, so will normal aircraft and SAM systems.

Pakistan doesn’t have the technology to make anything even close to that. Not even the USA and China have it yet. If we start working on that now we will be undefended for the next 50 years. We cannot be too idealistic. As drones advance, so will normal aircraft and SAM systems.
In Engineering we always start off with ideal requirements and try to achieve the ideal.

Guys let's leave the drones talk.

\
What world do you live in?

The more I discover Pakistani technology and Pakistani talent I am flabbergasted how much Pakistan has changed. Not sure if it is the plans of 20 years ago or the Chinese input but Pakistan is rocketing. We need to throw away the shrouds of financial insecurity and look towards making Pakistan the great nation it can be. I am using Pakistani programmers/developers in Karachi and am just awed how brilliant they are. With the right policies and plans we can further shift from manual labor workforce to talent and skills based society. The key is education and then post education development. Industry and the armed forces must make their input by interacting with schools and universities to encourage, motivate and inspire them into innovation and development. Every Pakistani must have a value of their contribution to Pakistan and an admiration and love for the country.

\
What world do you live in?

The more I discover Pakistani technology and Pakistani talent I am flabbergasted how much Pakistan has changed. Not sure if it is the plans of 20 years ago or the Chinese input but Pakistan is rocketing. We need to throw away the shrouds of financial insecurity and look towards making Pakistan the great nation it can be. I am using Pakistani programmers/developers in Karachi and am just awed how brilliant they are. With the right policies and plans we can further shift from manual labor workforce to talent and skills based society. The key is education and then post education development. Industry and the armed forces must make their input by interacting with schools and universities to encourage, motivate and inspire them into innovation and development. Every Pakistani must have a value of their contribution to Pakistan and an admiration and love for the country.
I will leave you and your idealism here since the moderators have asked me to. Pakistanis are amazing at everything except at being realistic.

Back
Top Bottom