What's new

Pakistan tops troop contributors in UN peacekeeping

Errrrr Jana I think you should check the first 10 countries in that list.......
(hardly a list of "moral" countries)

Also bear in mind that the French figure is skewed by the 2000 troops sent to Lebanon as part of UNIFIL. It took a lot of sweat to get the French to commit that many. (Someone should check dates on posts.......)

As for bias........:disagree:

Keyser whatever the point was aboit the performance. and nothign bad if they get money after all they are noit being paid as charity, they are doing hard work which the soldiers of developed countries cant.

Keyser whatever the point was aboit the performance. and nothign bad if they get money after all they are noit being paid as charity, they are doing hard work which the soldiers of developed countries cant.

I have never doubted their performance. However I wanted the process to be clear.
Soldiers can be and are killed while on "peacekeeping".

Also bear in mind that the French figure is skewed by the 2000 troops sent to Lebanon as part of UNIFIL. It took a lot of sweat to get the French to commit that many. (Someone should check dates on posts.......)

Skewed? How?:lol1:

Does that change the fact they will be paid in millions for peacekeeping duties?:lol: :lol:

France criticised

Mr Annan is in Brussels at the start of a diplomatic tour which will see him visiting both Lebanon and Israel and other Middle Eastern states, possibly including Iran and Syria.

Lebanese views on the aftermath of conflict

In pictures

Announcing France's final troop contribution on Thursday, Mr Chirac said his country had obtained the "necessary clarifications on the chain of command, which must be simple, coherent and reactive".

The UN was disappointed by the initial response of European nations to its calls for troops to enforce UN Security Council Resolution 1701 which ended the conflict.

France was criticised last week after offering just 200 extra troops to help bolster Unifil.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/5284284.stm

Average pay for a British soldier (lowest rank, no experience) approx $2000 per month. (plus additional bonuses for operating in a hostile environment etc etc)

http://www.armedforces.co.uk/army/listings/l0104.html

The American army starts at $1300 per month but there are "benefits which are accrued on "peacekeeping" which add another $225-$600 dollars to said amount. Plus both armies have longer logistical arms which cost more.

http://usmilitary.about.com/od/2007paycharts/l/bl07enlbasepay1.htm

It is fair to say that France probably operates a similar pay scale. Hence they will make either a miniscule amount or a loss for their participation in "peacekeeping"

Also take a gooooooooood long look at that list of yours.....

1 ) Pakistan . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 9,790
2 ) Bangladesh . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 9,655
3 ) India . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 9,276
4 ) Jordan . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 3,819
5 ) Nepal . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 3,522
6 ) Ghana . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2,674
7 ) Uruguay . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2,583
8 ) Ethiopia . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2,568
9 ) Nigeria . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2,429
10 ) South Africa . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2,077

and then France who were only on the list after the above criticism with their 2000 troop deployment to Lebanon.

Anything else???:coffee:

It is fair to say that France probably operates a similar pay scale. Hence they will make either a miniscule amount or a loss for their participation in "peacekeeping"
and then France who were only on the list after the above criticism with their 2000 troop deployment to Lebanon.

Anything else???:coffee:

Yes...

1. Has the French refused to take money from the UN?:eek:
2. Since you seem to be arguing that French troops are already financially quite well-off, then how will you relate France’s role to your statement
These troops aren't provided out of some moral belief........:disagree:
:coffee:

Since you have this tendency to go round in circles.(As has been shown in other threads)
I will simply direct you to read the previous posts.

:coffee:

Since you have this tendency to go round in circles.(As has been shown in other threads)

Since you have a tendency to contradict yourself and not even realize it, I think I will let you ponder over your contradictions.;)

Try the math again.

Ranking of Military and Police
Contributions to UN Operations
Month of Report : 31-Oct-06

Country Number of Members
1 ) Pakistan . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 9,790
2 ) Bangladesh . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 9,655
3 ) India . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 9,276
4 ) Jordan . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 3,819
5 ) Nepal . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 3,522
6 ) Ghana . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2,674
7 ) Uruguay . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2,583
8 ) Ethiopia . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2,568
9 ) Nigeria . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2,429
10 ) South Africa . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2,077
11 ) France . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2,029
12 ) Senegal . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 1,892
13 ) China . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 1,664
14 ) Italy . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 1,559
15 ) Morocco . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 1,550

Guess rich countries like France also don't provide troops "out of some moral belief........" Are they also after UN's wealth, because France will genrate approx. $2,079,725/month?;)
I don't want to be racist but the only morals I would doubt from that list would be of Nigeria due to all those Nigerian scam emails. That too doesn't amount to anything when serving Peace worldwide.

How immoral do western countries have to be to not pledge forces just because they are being paid less?

Humnnnn...

These troops aren't provided out of some moral belief........:disagree:

+

As they say, if it looks like a contradiction and smells like a contradiction, it must be a contradiction.:rofl:

Well its not only Pakistan but other contributing nationas are also paid.

The best part is that the people of those area where Pak Army works remmber them for their professionalism and performance.

Jana,
Did he or anyone metnion pakistan is the only country being paid for Un services.No,then why come out stating the obvious.

1. Other than attacking me you still haven’t answered, “If not out of some moral belief, then please enlighten us what are these troops provided from?”.

he has answered,you please go back and try reading it again.

2. At least Pakistani personnel do not get $1,000/month. GOI keeps approximately 50-60% of it.:coffee: .

So takes keeps the $1,000 ,does the GOP keep it all for themselves.

3. All the UN missions bore their share of obligations. Pakistanis fulfill their share with sweat and blood.

Nobody has ever complained againt the Pak UN peacekeepers.

[BAll Member States are legally obliged to pay their share of peacekeeping costs under a formula that they themselves have established. Despite this legal obligation, Member States owed approximately $2.66 billion in current and back peacekeeping dues as of 31 January 2006.

That formula is highly skewed towards the P-5 and developed nations,which means they end up paying much much more than what developing countries like India and Pak pays.

Guess rich countries like France also don't provide troops "out of some moral belief........" Are they also after UN's wealth, because France will genrate approx. $2,079,725/month?;)

Do you know where they have those french soldiers stationed?Its in lebonon and was apart of a speacial deal between israel and them for arriving ata ceasefire.

They had some political reason for contribting 1700 troops,the remaining 200 is a meagre figure.

I would have to agree to keyseroze here,its the developing nations doing it and that definitly means their is something in it thats not attractive wnougfh for developed nations and that is money and exposure.

Bullshit!!!

From where does those money come? Its from the rich countries they give money and let us put our soldiers lives at risk.

None of the developing country does it for moral reason,they do it for money and for getting exposure.

Back
Top Bottom