What's new

Pakistan today successfully tested Shaheen -1A Ballistic Missile

Good news and congratulations. But when is the Pakistani establishment going to test a ICBM? Not interested in being taken as a serious nuclear power?

Look forward to day Pakistan gets the guts to finally test a ICBM. I hope we can see that day. Meanwhile keep testing these 1000 km missiles....

Stealth? That must be some of the new additions
Missile war heads are lot easier to make stealthy from radar then aircraft are. Any Indian strategist that believes an ABM shield will protect them is crazy.

1A is trajectory changing missile, if the purpose of this test was a response to S-400 in India.

Catch me if you can?
Good news and congratulations. But when is the Pakistani establishment going to test a ICBM? Not interested in being taken as a serious nuclear power?

Look forward to day Pakistan gets the guts to finally test a ICBM. I hope we can see that day. Meanwhile keep testing these 1000 km missiles....

LMAO so the purpose of a missile is to reach farthest where no man has ever gone before?

what is so important in India beyond 1000 KM?

But most of ICBM have no fins to stabilize

But most of ICBM have no fins to stabilize

It's a tried and tested method. After all, Shaheen seems to be based off the DF-15. Probably done to compensate for engine or technological weakness, and non moving fins are inexpensive. But you should know that Ababeel, Shaheen-II and -III lose their fins after the first stage.

Hope they start making future shaheen series missiles out of carbon fiber to make them lighter , so they can be made smaller for the same range and can be stored in smaller launchers making them more harder to detect and hence more survivable.

so it can be almost as small as the PrSM Missile and be on trucks as small as the one shown in the video, making it harder to find then look for a TEL.

It would have to be a totally new missile series and not a future Shaheen. The Shaheen is huge!

Wonder when we will see a Pakistani satellite launch platform

An ICBM against exactly who? We don't have a beef beyond 1000km and these missiles serve the purpose for us being a defensive force. I would rather have more of these instead of having smaller quantities of ICBMs.

An ICBM against exactly who? We don't have a beef beyond 1000km and these missiles serve the purpose for us being a defensive force. I would rather have more of these instead of having smaller quantities of ICBMs.

Pakistan will need ICBMs to hit France or French Guyana.

It would have to be a totally new missile series and not a future Shaheen. The Shaheen is huge!
SPD commander does have two out of his four walls of shelves empty for more Missile models, as per an old interview, so it does seem it is time for a new series. :pakistan:

SPD commander does have two out of his four walls of shelves empty for more Missile models, as per an old interview, so it does seem it is time for a new series. :pakistan:

Think Pakistan is capable of producing such a missile? 13 feet long and go 600 to 800 km range? I mean reading from the stats, the Shaheen is more than 900 km range, but only because of its size.

Think Pakistan is capable of producing such a missile? 13 feet long and go 600 to 800 km range? I mean reading from the stats, the Shaheen is more than 900 km range, but only because of its size.

Don’t know if they can, just a casual observer of open source info, but they should look into it, IMHO, to make a more survivable (minimally credible) deterrent possible, as per the doctrine. They don’t need a lot of numbers, just more capabilities to maintain the secrecy of the location (to their adversary) of their platforms at any given time, at the lowest possible cost. A few dozen such missiles would probably be enough to keep the Indians guessing for some time to come.

Once they perfect a missile like PrSM to replace the Shaheen 1 family of missiles, they can look to an extended range version to replace the Shaheen II/III, in a similar manner as to what is being considered for the PrSM.

Last edited:
Can we get a confirmation from the TLP before dropping this idea of not building the ICBMs?
TLP WHO?
Maybe look at the number of seats they have in national assembly before we even care about militant thought process.

Back
Top Bottom