What's new

Pakistan today successfully tested Shaheen -1A Ballistic Missile

A building or two.
It would be something Akin to the new Lockheed PrSM Missile; able to strike key parts of SAM batteries, troop fortifications, armored convoys and eventually ships at sea.

All ballistic missiles are supersonic. There's no such thing as a subsonic ballistic missile.
Most of them hypersonic at terminal stages
Not all ballistic missiles are supersonic.some can be hypersonic as well.

I am talking about cruise missile
Supersonic Cruise missile buddy
You mean SUPERSONIC ANTI SHIP MISSILES OR LAND ATTACK CRUISE MISSILES, MOST OF SUPERSONIC ANTI SHIP MISSILES DEVELOPED BY CHINA AND RUSSIA, WHEREAS MOST OF LAND ATTACK CRUISE MISSILES ARE SUBSONIC

No need for Land attack cruise missiles to be supersonic if they will have this capability they'll be detect ànd track easily and then easily be intercepted because of Big IR (INFRARED) ànd RCS (RADAR CROSS SECTION)
Speed is the key here my friend.Supersonic cruise missiles are not detected too early as you think.A small manuere can betray the intercepter missile and enemy will not have the time to launch second intercepter missile.

While sub sonic missile once detected, it's gone.

Speed is the key here my friend.Supersonic cruise missiles are not detected too early as you think.A small manuere can betray the intercepter missile and enemy will not have the time to launch second intercepter missile.

Of course they are detected early.
The thing has to fly at significant altitude to sustain a supersonic flight.
That increases its visibility to radars.

People should realize Pakistani missile development is slow now a days because Americans are banning Pakistani Missile R&D institutions right and left and hampering Pakistan advancement greatly. Expect delays in SMASH or P-282 or any new missiles as Pakistan has to workaround those sanctions.

U.S. blacklists dozens of Chinese tech firms citing national security concerns

PUBLISHED WED, NOV 24 20212:27 PM EST

The Commerce Department also listed 16 entities and individuals operating in China and Pakistan for their work on Islamabad’s nuclear and ballistic missile program. In all, the Biden administration added 27 entities and individuals located in the People’s Republic of China, Pakistan, Russia, Japan and Singapore.

“Global trade and commerce should support peace, prosperity, and good-paying jobs, not national security risks,” wrote U.S. Secretary of Commerce Gina Raimondo in a statement. “The Department of Commerce is committed to effectively using export controls to protect our national security.”

Of course they are detected early.
The thing has to fly at significant altitude to sustain a supersonic flight.
That increases its visibility to radars.
You are ignoring manuering characteristics of cruise missiles.Speed along with manuerability is the top priority while developing supersonic cruise missiles.

Because we do not have one,does not mean SCM are not potent weapons

No My friend you're wrong supersonic ones are not true kind of cruise missiles they can cruise tens of meters instead of few meters like their subsonic counterparts ànd don't have a true terrain following/ hugging capability,

For example take a look at Indian- Russian brahmouse which is supersonic anti ship missiles brahmouse cruises 10-30 (32-100 feet) meter above the oceans whereas subsonic Harpoon can cruise 4-5 meter (16- 20 feet) above the oceans hence less chance to get detection by enemy sensors

USN IS WORRIED ABOUT HYBRID ANTI SHIP MISSILES THAT HAVE BOTH QUALITIES ( SUBSONIC CRUISE) LOW DETECTION ÀND TERMINAL SUPERSONIC DASH ( LESS REACTION TIMES) LIKE RUSSIAN SIZZLERS BUT FOR ALL SUPERSONIC ANTI SHIP MISSILES THEY HAVE RAM (ROLLING AIRFRAME MISSILES) ESSM (EVOLVE SEA SPARROW MISSILES) ÀND CIWS ( CLOSE IN WEAPON SYSTEM) AT THEIR ALL SHIPS

SO YOU ARE WRONG BROTHER

No My friend you're wrong supersonic ones are not true kind of cruise missiles they can cruise tens of meters instead of few meters like their subsonic counterparts ànd don't have a true terrain following/ hugging capability,

For example take a look at Indian- Russian brahmouse which is supersonic anti ship missiles brahmouse cruises 10-30 (32-100 feet) meter above the oceans whereas subsonic Harpoon can cruise 4-5 meter (16- 20 feet) above the oceans hence less chance to get detection by enemy sensors

USN IS WORRIED ABOUT HYBRID ANTI SHIP MISSILES THAT HAVE BOTH QUALITIES ( SUBSONIC CRUISE) LOW DETECTION ÀND TERMINAL SUPERSONIC DASH ( LESS REACTION TIMES) LIKE RUSSIAN SIZZLERS BUT FOR ALL SUPERSONIC ANTI SHIP MISSILES THEY HAVE RAM (ROLLING AIRFRAME MISSILES) ESSM (EVOLVE SEA SPARROW MISSILES) ÀND CIWS ( CLOSE IN WEAPON SYSTEM) AT THEIR ALL SHIPS

SO YOU ARE WRONG BROTHER
I can be wrong in my assessment but variety should be maintained in our cruise missile arsenal .

Supersonic missile development can pave our way for hypersonic Missiles which is real game changer for us.
When will they remove these fins from missiles? :what:
Our latest missile design Ababeel is also with fins:undecided:

I can be wrong in my assessment but variety should be maintained in our cruise missile arsenal .

Supersonic missile development can pave our way for hypersonic Missiles which is real game changer for us.
When will they remove these fins from missiles? :what:
Our latest missile design Ababeel is also with fins:undecided:
We are long way to develop hypersonic missile, we yet to have ramjet/scramjet engine tech ànd stick to the topic brother this thread is for s1 test

You know India has just Recieved their new Rafale jets but from next month they are going to get some upgrades, military technology is always evolving, missile may appear the same visibly but what it incorporates matters. We need weapons that not just flies over the enemy's head rather the one that strikes into its heart.
Bro no new upgrades only they are making room for Indian Indian pilots to take pampers with them :enjoy:

Back
Top Bottom