What's new

Pakistan to use force to stop violations of its territory

well, this is nothing new, these corrupt politicians only talk but no action!

lol, simple drones are unmanned and helis are not:D

and also this time they didnt killed any militants but martyred 3 of our army men:angry:
But end result is the same ..they both fire the same hellfire missile which is intended for the same target.

A lot of people say that the drone strike success ratio is one percent ie only one percent people killed in a drone strike are militants and rest are innocent civilians.

So if this is true then am I to understand Pakistan does not care for its civilian population, as long as its army men don't die?

Von Hölle;1171537 said:
But end result is the same ..they both fire the same hellfire missile which is intended for the same target.

A lot of people say that the drone strike success ratio is one percent ie only one percent people killed in a drone strike are militants and rest are innocent civilians.

So if this is true then am I to understand Pakistan does not care for its civilian population, as long as its army men don't die?

Figures I once seen was 830 terrorist out of 1300 killed, lot more efficent then sending in the Pakistan Military.

Drones is also violation of pak air, why is this one different? perhpas they want to have a message to the public.

They fly from a base given by Pakistan to US, they don't come from cross the boarder.
For more reading:

US drones based in Pakistan, Senator Dianne Feinstein reveals in apparent gaffe
US Senator Dianne Feinstein has said that unmanned CIA Predator drones attacking militants and al-Qaeda members in Pakistan’s tribal areas operate from an air base in Pakistan, potentially making life difficult for the government in Islamabad

US drones based in Pakistan, Senator Dianne Feinstein reveals in apparent gaffe - Telegraph

They fly from a base given by Pakistan to US, they don't come from cross the boarder.
For more reading:

US drones based in Pakistan, Senator Dianne Feinstein reveals in apparent gaffe
US Senator Dianne Feinstein has said that unmanned CIA Predator drones attacking militants and al-Qaeda members in Pakistan’s tribal areas operate from an air base in Pakistan, potentially making life difficult for the government in Islamabad

US drones based in Pakistan, Senator Dianne Feinstein reveals in apparent gaffe - Telegraph

Who the heck gave U.S an airbase? :hitwall::angry:

Government, Intelligence agency, or Army?

my goddd, I wanna shoot myself, and commit suicide!!! :angry::angry::angry:

Pakistan quietly aids drone attacks
Thursday, September 30, 2010
Pakistani officials offer behind-the-scenes support and vital intelligence for U.S. drone strikes that target terrorists operating in their territory, even as they denounce such operations in public as a violation of their sovereignty.

The Obama administration in recent months has stepped up a covert program of firing missiles from unmanned aerial vehicles at terrorists operating in Pakistan's Federally Administered Tribal Areas (FATA) along the Afghan border.

The Predator drones are operated from bases inside Pakistan — the Shamsi air base and Jacobabad — and operations are planned after what Pakistani officials describe as "robust intelligence sharing" between Pakistan and the U.S.

Pakistani officials say privately that the U.S. keeps them informed on covert operations targeting terrorists on Pakistani soil and admit that the drones have been deadly, effective weapons in the war against terrorists.

A Pakistani official, who spoke on the condition of anonymity because of the sensitive nature of the militant-hunting operations, said the drones have been "extremely useful in eliminating the bad guys."

But the silent Pakistani support for such missions reached a breaking point Thursday after a NATO helicopter crossed over into Pakistani territory and allegedly killed three Pakistani soldiers. Islamabad retaliated by cutting off a vital supply line at Torkham for coalition forces in Afghanistan.

NATO's International Security Assistance Force (ISAF) said in a statement it had observed what it believed was a group of insurgents trying to fire mortars at a coalition base in the border area of Dand Patan district in Paktiya province. It admitted its aircraft had entered into Pakistani airspace "briefly."

ISAF said the aircraft came under small-arms fire from across the border in Pakistan. "Operating in self-defense, the ISAF aircraft entered into Pakistani airspace killing several armed individuals," it added.

Pakistani military officials said members of their Frontier Corps force had been struck by coalition aircraft.

The "silent support" policy has to end, the Pakistan goverment has to admit it allows the US to opperate in Pakistan or withdraw its permission.

Saying one thing and doing another only causes problems. Telling the US that opperating in Pakistan airspace is permitted even to the extent of saying its a good thing privatley yet telling the Pakistan people it is not allowed only leads to tragedies like this where it has cost three men their lives and left three others injured.

If it is the will of the Pakistan people that the US goes then the US and Pakistan have to live with the consequences but that is the essence of a democracy. What has to stop is the thanks for the aid sure its ok to fly but just dont tell anyone policy that currently applies.

The "silent support" policy has to end, the Pakistan goverment has to admit it allows the US to opperate in Pakistan or withdraw its permission.

Saying one thing and doing another only causes problems. Telling the US that opperating in Pakistan airspace is permitted even to the extent of saying its a good thing privatley yet telling the Pakistan people it is not allowed only leads to tragedies like this where it has cost three men their lives and left three others injured.

If it is the will of the Pakistan people that the US goes then the US and Pakistan have to live with the consequences but that is the essence of a democracy. What has to stop is the thanks for the aid sure its ok to fly but just dont tell anyone policy that currently applies.

Could not agree more!

THANK YOU for posting!!
:tup::tup:

Can you please add the support of Pakistan Army (Holy)?
Some people misunderstand the term government--which obviously includes army in our country but some people think the other way.

Share money but not the blame on most of the issues.

Pakistan to use force to stop violations of its territory

Pakistan threatens action over NATO incursions
From Nasir Habib, CNN

September 29, 2010 -- Updated 1644 GMT (0044 HKT

Pakistan's interior minister said Wednesday his country may use military force to stop violations of its territory.

“We will not allow anyone in any case to interfere in Pakistan's territory and if this continues, we will adopt all the set measures including military action,” Rehman Malik told reporters. “I assure you we are quite capable of defending our homeland.”

Malik said he was referring to two incidents of aerial engagements from the Afghanistan side into Pakistani territory by helicopters with the NATO-led International Security Assistance Force over the weekend, in which dozens of suspected militants were killed in what Pakistan said was its territory.

Islamabad strongly protested the action and sent a demarche -- a formal protest relayed through diplomatic channels -- to NATO headquarters in Brussels, Belgium.

“These incidents are a clear violation and breach of the UN mandate under which ISAF operates. The said mandate “terminates/finishes” at the Afghanistan border. There are no agreed “hot pursuit” rules. Any impression to the contrary is not factually correct. Such violations are unacceptable,” said a statement from Pakistan's foreign affairs ministry on Monday.

“ISAF/NATO has been asked not to participate in any military action that violates the UN mandate and infringes upon Pakistan's sovereignty. In the absence of immediate corrective measures, Pakistan will be constrained to consider response options,” the statement continued.

Malik said Wednesday that Pakistan has protested the action to Afghanistan as well and will also voice its concerns to the United States.

tehran times : Pakistan to use force to stop violations of its territory

n the sorse tehran times?? :blink:

Another BS thread::: Source is TEHRAN TIMES...

correction: Another BS thread::: Source is Rehman Malik

A trustworthy source ?

Islamabad, Pakistan (CNN) -- Pakistan's foreign minister said Wednesday his country may use military force to stop violations of its territory.

s-u-r-b--albums-paf-picture2443-pakistans-mirage-iii-rose-i-fighter-jet-upgraded-have-flight-refueling-capability.jpg

"We will not allow anyone in any case to interfere in Pakistan's territory and if this continues, we will adopt all the set measures including military action," Rehman Malik told reporters. "I assure you we are quite capable of defending our homeland."

Malik said he was referring to two incidents of aerial engagements from the Afghanistan side into Pakistani territory by helicopters with the NATO-led International Security Assistance Force over the weekend, in which dozens of suspected militants were killed in what Pakistan said was its territory.

Islamabad strongly protested the action and sent a demarche -- a formal protest relayed through diplomatic channels -- to NATO headquarters in Brussels, Belgium.

"These incidents are a clear violation and breach of the U.N. mandate under which ISAF operates. The said mandate "terminates/finishes" at the Afghanistan border. There are no agreed "hot pursuit" rules. Any impression to the contrary is not factually correct. Such violations are unacceptable," said a statement from Pakistan's foreign affairs ministry on Monday.

"ISAF/NATO has been asked not to participate in any military action that violates the U.N. mandate and infringes upon Pakistan's sovereignty. In the absence of immediate corrective measures, Pakistan will be constrained to consider response options," the statement continued.

Malik said Wednesday that Pakistan has protested the action to Afghanistan as well and will also voice its concerns to the United States.

ISAF described one of the incidents in a statement Monday, saying that "an air weapons team engaged a significant number of insurgents following an attack on a remote Afghan National Security Force outpost in Khost province Saturday."

Khost province, in Afghanistan's northeast, borders Pakistan. ISAF said more than 30 insurgents were killed in the strike.

"Initial reports indicate no civilians were injured or killed during the operation," the ISAF statment said. "At no time during the engagement did ground forces cross into Pakistan territory."

The Pakistani government has had to toe a fine line: While touting its help and willingness to assist in the war on terror, it also strongly defends its sovereignty and has loudly protested strikes by suspected drones in its territory that have killed some civilians.

A series of drone strikes each day since Saturday have killed at least 12 suspected militants in Pakistan's tribal region on the border with Afghanistan, two Pakistani intelligence officials told CNN Tuesday. One of those killed was a top al Qaeda commander, Sheikh Mohammad Fateh al Masri, the officials said.

The United States does not normally comment on suspected drone strikes, but it's the only country operating in the area known to have the capability to launch missiles from drones, which are operated remotely.

Pakistan threatens action over NATO incursions - CNN.com

Shoot these bugs down if they violate our airspace and not respect our sovereignty.:pakistan:

Last edited:
^^ You know even NUCEAR WEAPONS cannot save your country if the U.S. attacks provided our support. That is why I am saying, do things which I say, we will clean all the trash!

It is very simple!

But who cares???

Saying, we have the balls to counter act is a statement of FAKE William Wallace!
You know it and so do I.

Do you think that your attitude will be tolerated forever? Indeed, you do have the cards to undermine American intervention but what if the 'nature' supports American acts--What will you do? Where will you hide? In the laps of China?

STAND FOR YOUR RIGHTS!

Simple We want

IMPLEMENTATION!

no bullshit "PROTEST" anymore!

^^ You know even NUCEAR WEAPONS cannot save your country if the U.S. attacks provided our support. That is why I am saying, do things which I say, we will clean all the trash!

It is very simple!

But who cares???

Saying, we have the balls to counter act is a statement of FAKE William Wallace!
You know it and so do I.

Do you think that your attitude will be tolerated forever? Indeed, you do have the cards to undermine American intervention but what if the 'nature' supports American acts--What will you do? Where will you hide? In the laps of China?

STAND FOR YOUR RIGHTS!

Cool down boy , don't pretend that you go for meal and prayer on capital hill.

Cool down boy , don't pretend that you go for meal and prayer on capital hill.

You know who is running the hill?

Boy, I predict future intervention too with a force. Hibernate until my words turn into facts.
I am looking for something big not small things.

Back
Top Bottom