What's new

Pakistan to train Afghan military officials

I have already seen Iraqis being trained in Millitary Institutions here; why not the Afghans??

We have trained Afghans before. I have some pictures of when me and my senior ran the course at NPA, Islamabad. I will try to source them and post them.

Salam.

As Promised Here are some photo's from the Afghan Police Officers we trained in Islamabad: These were taken from the IED Countermeasures Course @ NPA, Islamabad.

p9280001.jpg

p9280017.jpg

p9280017.jpg

p9280023.jpg

Me with two ANPF Colonel's.

p9280036.jpg

p9280004.jpg

Various IEDs:
p9280027.jpg

p9280035k.jpg

p9280047.jpg

This poor suzuki Mehran was being preped for Post Blast Investigation... Sadly i didn't take any snaps of what remained :lol:

Hope you guys liked them. I have some more from the EIC course i can't post. I do have some from the live fire drills, if i i find them i will share with you guys.

Regards,

what's the role of baby doll in that IED?
Also can u explain what different catagories of devices are those in above photos.?

I also have a concern... what is the gaurantee these Afghan trained will NOT go & help anti-Pakistan elements with this knowledge...?

what's the role of baby doll in that IED?

Very much so... Very popular tactic amongst terrorists.

Yes certinly the devices listed are the following:

Remote Triggered

Crystal "contact" timer

Digital Timer

Pressure Sensitive

And the famous Al-Qeade Switch...

The AQ Switch is a casio wrist watch utilised as a powerful yet in-expensive time delayed device.

We used a number of explosive materials during the course, material popular with Taliban and AQ such as PETN, TNT and ANFO. The Mehran was an example of a FEVBIED: Fuel Enhanced Vehicle Borne IED.

The reason for the course was to equip officers with basic EOD knowledge aswell as the techinical skills to conduct a PBI = Post Blast Investigation.

wow great pictures. how did the afghans actually do in the class and do you still keep in contact with them.

wow great pictures. how did the afghans actually do in the class and do you still keep in contact with them.

The Classroom training was Theory (and a lot of it)... The practicals were in the range... Col. Saifullah the portly looking gentleman standing at the rostrum (i keep in touch with him, he is based in Kabul).

how would you rate their professionalism, discipline and competence?

Pakistan to train Afghan army, police: Ambassador

'Pakistan Times' Diplomatic Desk

ISLAMABAD: Pakistan ambassador in Kabul Sadiq Khan has said that home work is underway to train Afghan security forces and military and police training will soon be initiated.

Talking to Radio Mashaal, he said that India has also offered to train Afghan troops but it will be decided by the Afghan government not by the Pakistani government as with whom they want friendship.

He said that Pakistan have proposed to the Afghan government that it was ready to train Afghan civilians and security institution officials and Islamabad is cooperating with Afghan government in this regard.

He said Pakistan was also ready that Afghanistan could use Pakistan Air Force for air transit. Such concession will benefit both countries’ populations. To another question, he said that it was up to the Afghan government to establish its ties with any country. But when Afghan soil will be used against Pakistan then obviously it will express its concern.

“India is not Afghanistan’s neighbor country and Pakistan is Afghanistan neighbor state. Afghan soil can be used against Pakistan because we are in its neighborhood but Afghanistan cannot be used against India as India is far away from Afghanistan,” he said. Pak-Afghan border is open and people are independently moving there hence Pakistan has complaints in this regard.

He said that terrorist activity has been continuing in our tribal areas and terrorists receive arms from the areas adjacent to Afghan areas. Sadiq said that Afghan President Hamid Karzai has announced that Afghan soil would not be used against Pakistan and President Karzai has promised that they would take action in this regard.

He said that Afghan government will control the whole of Afghanistan and we are hopeful that due to it the situation will be normalized. Pakistan has a clear cut position and will support Afghan government in what they want, he added.

A good step. ANA should get training from as many nations as possible as they are the ones who will hold Afghanistan together.

do pakistanis like to be back stabbed? it seem like pakistanis are asking to be backstabbed

do pakistanis like to be back stabbed? it seem like pakistanis are asking to be backstabbed

why backstabed? once you guys want to train the soldiers and now you regret it? i am glad that it is not the stance of pakistani state.

why backstabed? once you guys want to train the soldiers and now you regret it? i am glad that it is not the stance of pakistani state.

i wish it was stance of pakistani state,,we the ppl do not want anything to do with afghanistan,,but our goverment is keep being involved in afghanistan mess,,,we want to move forward and help greatful,loyal and honest ppl....we want to be helping our own ppl.

pakistan goverment does not need to be helping afghanistan and does not need to be messing in afghanistan

i wish it was stance of pakistani state,,we the ppl do not want anything to do with afghanistan,,but our goverment is keep being involved in afghanistan mess,,,we want to move forward and help greatful,loyal and honest ppl....we want to be helping our own ppl.

believe me we want the same thing.

Back
Top Bottom