What's new

Pakistan to test fire a medium range missile?

Status
Not open for further replies.
692 Km, wow. Thats huge, ICBM?
No, the impact corridor is less than 3000km downrange. It should be assumed that 692km is a vertical offset from the actual apogee as a safety corridor.

@Zarvan, don't get your hopes too high..... I feel as if IRBM has been cancelled and only MRBM will be tested. Furthermore, there are no ICBM's in the pipeline.
ICBM I am quite sure is in pipeline as for this time two Missiles will be tested one at least will be new and that will be till date our longest range Missile

No, the impact corridor is less than 3000km downrange. It should be assumed that 692km is a vertical offset from the actual apogee as a safety corridor.

What exactly does that mean in 'English' ? :ashamed:

Um actual apogee should be less than 692 km. given figure is for playing safe as sometimes missiles can act strange in case of some failure.
PS: Well you didn't ask me but still I am just putting what I understood by that statement. The deterrent can explain if I am wrong.

Um actual apogee should be less than 692 km. given figure is for playing safe as sometimes missiles can act strange in case of some failure.
PS: Well you didn't ask me but still I am just putting what I understood by that statement. The deterrent can explain if I am wrong.

What the heck is an apogee ? :(

Apogee is the highest altitude gained by the missile (rather RV/payload section) roughly midway during the flight. What I meant was, that from the coordinates mentioned in the securite(alert by Pakistan Navy), it seems that the missile will have a range of less than 3000 km. So it is not possible that its apogee is so large (i.e. 692 km), which is why I have assumed that actual apogee is somewhat less (lets say 500km), and the remainder is basically the safety zone (maximum possible deviation from original path).
Hope that clears it up. :)

Apogee is the highest altitude gained by the missile (rather RV/payload section) roughly midway during the flight. What I meant was, that from the coordinates mentioned in the securite(alert by Pakistan Navy), it seems that the missile will have a range of less than 3000 km. So it is not possible that its apogee is so large (i.e. 692 km), which is why I have assumed that actual apogee is somewhat less (lets say 500km), and the remainder is basically the safety zone (maximum possible deviation from original path).
Hope that clears it up. :)

So are you telling me that no ICBM is going to be tested for still some years now ?:(

So are you telling me that no ICBM is going to be tested for still some years now ?:(
And according to my sources at least for an year but after that you can expect as for SHAHEEN III it can be really soon tested

And according to my sources at least for an year but after that you can expect as for SHAHEEN III it can be really soon tested

Shaheen III isn't ICBM.

It is IRBM...with range of near 3000km

Why you always all over the place with your info, man?

Shaheen III isn't ICBM.

It is IRBM...with range of near 3000km

Why you always all over the place with your info, man?
I never said Shaheen III is ICBM I said Shaheen III can be tested soon but ICBM may be few years later

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom