What's new

PAKISTAN TO SPEND $12 BILLION ON ARMS IN 2016-2024

AK is different weight category, it's space is limited, meaning you can arm it with limited sub systems.
I doubt it can support soft kill / hard kill APS at the same time + mm wave radar.
One of "prime" disadvantage of T series tanks is circular auto loading mechanism.
Crew sit in cupola with armaments surrounding it, once a anti tank shell manage to penetrate inside, it blew up entire turret by detonating tank own ammo.
We have seen this tragedy with T55 / T64 / T72 ......

Altay rule out this issue,.........

T-55 neither had the circular carousel nor autoloader,

T-55 neither had the circular carousel nor autoloader,
T72 does.
I referred those three tanks in sense as they have shown "turret blown" by burning of own ammo.
In T55 - 62 the issue is with ammo storage compartment .......

pakistan should consider selling us some outdated tanks,we have some issues with terrorism which ironically increase during the holy month of ramadan only.
Pak could donate older T-59/69s or even a few AZ if Somalia requests;

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

We also use old tanks fightinf insurgency

image.jpeg

T59 are used by FC,
T69 is deployed in Zarb e Azb which is in its final stages. I guess we should gift them to Somalia if they make such request.
Donating AZ is not possible yet. But T69 which are update to participate in COIN operations can be given. Since we will not need them in future......
Just speculation on my side, other wise night vision and thermal imaginary is crucial suspect for tank to take on militants......
Pak could donate older T-59/69s or even a few AZ if Somalia requests;

View attachment 314496 View attachment 314499 View attachment 314500

We also use old tanks fightinf insurgency

View attachment 314505

T59 are used by FC,
T69 is deployed in Zarb e Azb which is in its final stages. I guess we should gift them to Somalia if they make such request.
Donating AZ is not possible yet. But T69 which are update to participate in COIN operations can be given. Since we will not need them in future......
Just speculation on my side, other wise night vision and thermal imaginary is crucial suspect for tank to take on militants......
FC is using thousands of older tanks but merely a few hundred and will be likely replaced with at least the AZs..

Meanwhile army is already phasing out older tanks ... Which eill be out in storage .. AZs may not be donated but can be sold.
The T series can be donated after some refurbishment.. Both T-58/69s are being used by FC in ZarbeAzb..

As for night visions etc.. Not many militaries are fighting terrorists at night.. Or could be upgraded and donated as a good will gesture to our Somali brothers.

Lol - Jane's just said there's an al-Khalid II, I added the finer details of discussion (e.g. 1500hp Ukrainian engine, new internals, etc). That said, we could also consider changing the turret for al-Khalid 2, especially if we manage to acquire improved armour technology. Ukraine did it with the Oplot and we even did it with the Zarrar, no reason why we can't with the al-Khalid. The new turret could be modeled off the K2 Black Panther and Oplot in terms of design.
can we somehow please get this idea to the concerned authorities. :(
Somehow they seem to miss such details quite often.

can we somehow please get this idea to the concerned authorities. :(
Somehow they seem to miss such details quite often.
Yep. Just look at the work HIT did with changing the gun turret of the T-59 for al-Zarrar (pictures above). With enough investment, I am sure they can come up with a very good system, if not by al-Khalid II, then al-Khalid III.

army has large chunk of money without looking at the bigger picture
no matter how advance artillery and tanks you have , its very much vulnerable to air power. we are on par with india in this but we are far inferior when it comes to air power and air defense

Yep. Just look at the work HIT did with changing the gun turret of the T-59 for al-Zarrar (pictures above). With enough investment, I am sure they can come up with a very good system, if not by al-Khalid II, then al-Khalid III.
For some reason i fear that they are more interested in selecting and buying some tank off the shelves! I hope they will consider the options that we discussed of putting all those components together to get exactly what we need and get a high value product.

thanks for that,everything will fall into right place after august elections in 2016 in my country.

For some reason i fear that they are more interested in selecting and buying some tank off the shelves! I hope they will consider the options that we discussed of putting all those components together to get exactly what we need and get a high value product.
I wouldn't mind if they go for a small number of Altay MBTs, but do so on the grounds of (1) giving the Army a heavy MBT and (2) accessing some of the technology for re-use on the al-Khalid series. Imagine taking the Altay's armour technology and subsystems and developing a new gun turret for a 1500hp-powered al-Khalid.

I doubt 120mm will be a welcome addition.
How about redesigning the Turret of Altay to support 125mm main gun......
And don't you think AK2, Al Haider & Altay is just too much ???

I wouldn't mind if they go for a small number of Altay MBTs, but do so on the grounds of (1) giving the Army a heavy MBT and (2) accessing some of the technology for re-use on the al-Khalid series. Imagine taking the Altay's armour technology and subsystems and developing a new gun turret for a 1500hp-powered al-Khalid.

I doubt 120mm will be a welcome addition.
How about redesigning the Turret of Altay to support 125mm main gun......
And don't you think AK2, Al Haider & Altay is just too much ???
Yes retain the Khalid's 125mm - just design a new turret. I'd merge al-Khalid 2 and Haider into one program, there's hardly any difference in the end, especially if you outfit the Khalid with a 1500hp engine and redesigned turret with new armour technology and internals. Actually, it seems as though Haider is just the alternative to a heavily redesigned upgrade of the Khalid.

Back
Top Bottom