What's new

PAKISTAN TO SPEND $12 BILLION ON ARMS IN 2016-2024

Just 12 Billion in 8 years ???? isn't 7 billion our annual defence budget?

You need to pay salaries from that $7 Billion, pay installments of equipment what you have already brought, buy expendables like bullets and bombs, and maintain equipment that is already in service.

How much money are you left with out of that seven billion after that?

This 12 billion is the total amount that you would spend buying new equipment ie capital acquisition costs.

those $5.6 Billion are for procurement and are different from $8.6 billions..

LOL. Read again and comprehend properly.

Not whole of the budget could be spend on buying new items. Only a small portion is and this $12 billion is cumulative of that small portion over a decade.

This years budget is almost 9 Billion. If we take the figure of 7 billion and multiply it with 8 years a total of 56 billion. Paying 12 billion from 56 billion is possible.

Don't you have to pay your soldiers and maintain your equipment, or you think that both work on allahu-akbar.

I think local products such as Al-khalid, Talha APC, JF-17 and ships will not be included in this plan...

what do you say @Zarvan @Muhammad Omar

Cost of induction of local equipment is calculated in capital acquisition cost which this figure is stating. (Else US would be spending close to zero dollars on arms)

Army is better equipped no need any talks APCs we need to modernize navy

Army please give more funds to Navy even your procurement fund should be given to nave u r better equipped can go 2024 with these systems

Indian naval superiority over Pakistan is so humongous that no amount of money could give even a fighting chance to Pakistani Navy.

You would get best returns by investing in Air force.

Last edited:
Donno if u could ever procure a single su35 in the next decade but u guys might just kill me some day by mentioning su35 su35 su35 over and over again :blink:
Really it kills you...tel me honestly...becasue we really don't need to acquire one. :lol: We can just go on like this if this is working :enjoy:

12 billion in 8 years, thats fishing peanuts considering the competition and considering the fact that Pakistan might have to face a two front war with both Afghanistan and India. Economy isnt getting better contrary to the PML fanboy wishes and Dar sb according to whom Pakistan will be the next Asian tiger. So how are we going to meet with the challenges? Well first of all get rid of this so called experienced lot which have so much experience that they do not even have to stay in Pakistan to control Pakistan. Once that is settled maybe the next government would actually work other than those fancy advertisements of this government according to which "Sub acha ha".

12 billion in 8 years, thats fishing peanuts considering the competition and considering the fact that Pakistan might have to face a two front war with both Afghanistan and India. Economy isnt getting better contrary to the PML fanboy wishes and Dar sb according to whom Pakistan will be the next Asian tiger. So how are we going to meet with the challenges? Well first of all get rid of this so called experienced lot which have so much experience that they do not even have to stay in Pakistan to control Pakistan. Once that is settled maybe the next government would actually work other than those fancy advertisements of this government according to which "Sub acha ha".

There will be no war between India and Pakistan. India has more to loose in a war with Pakistan, hence India will be least interested in starting one.

There will be no war between India and Pakistan. India has more to loose in a war with Pakistan, hence India will be least interested in starting one.
thats right india will infact just keep building its economy and mailitarry strength and keep buying latest stuff and pakistan will have to buy the latest stuff to have some kind of parity in tech and quality and we all know where it will lead too :D

you mean equipped by this i dont think its called better equipped
iAu0v4qW3Ktw.jpg

54677bf57af52.png
HEY!!!
Toyota za good

So you are saying all those big ticket purchases are for show only. Forgive me if i dont share the same enthusiasm. With massive funding that India is currently doing on defence items and with a hyper war mongering nation, a conflict is very much inevitable. And i wouldn't even bring CEPC into the discussion.

thats right india will infact just keep building its economy and mailitarry strength and keep buying latest stuff and pakistan will have to buy the latest stuff to have some kind of parity in tech and quality and we all know where it will lead too :D
It will lead to nowhere. This wet dream of Indians will remain a wet dream. Its been their since Pakistans inception. More than 6 decades latter its still a wet dream.

So you are saying all those big ticket purchases are for show only. Forgive me if i dont share the same enthusiasm. With massive funding that India is currently doing on defence items and with a hyper war mongering nation, a conflict is very much inevitable. And i wouldn't even bring CEPC into the discussion.

It will lead to nowhere. This wet dream of Indians will remain a wet dream. Its been their since Pakistans inception. More than 6 decades latter its still a wet dream.
dont worry we know what we are doing and know how will your nations ruling and militarry elite will react to it :sarcastic:

I would not say for show, but for power projection. The same reason why US spend 700 billion USD for its defence and I see no credible threat to US from anywhere to justify that much of money.

Feeling bad to see the price Pakistani (and Indian) people are paying for not having cordial relationship bilaterally . When would we understand that this will only add to the wealth of army men and political people at the expense of our kids' wellbeing :(

Hope we will understand it soon, and compel out govt together to spend these money for welfare instead of animosity :cheers:. At the end of the day, this is our hard earned tax money yaar

Keep minimum deterrence and go for all out development----- this should be policy of both the countries

Please advice this to Modi jee...at it was India the first to test nukes...not Pakistan..

Back
Top Bottom