What's new

Pakistan to show missile muscle

Very impressive . A ballistic missile without terminal guidance having cep of 5 to 10 m !

It's a quasi-ballistic missile. In other words, it's trajectory isn't completely "ballistic"...as it maneuvers in the air, veering off it's ballistic trajectory---hence making it almost impossible for any current system to intercept it successfully.

Makes it even more impressive ;)

Reading your statement, I think you know very well what the "worst" has always been in Pakistani military's minds. If you don't remember the history, go back to Gen. Kiyani's statement he made after that check post incident. But something tells me you know exactly what the "worst case" means.
I actually don't know what u mean by the "worst case". Why not just say it?

If u mean a military confrontation between Pak and US then I already told u that Pak won't win that and it's foolish. I don't think Pak military would ever want that.

Granted that Pak isn't like Afghanistan or Iraq...it may give some tough time but it will lose against the US if we r talking about military confrontation between the two.

I actually don't know what u mean by the "worst case". Why not just say it?

If u mean a military confrontation between Pak and US then I already told u that Pak won't win that and it's foolish. I don't think Pak military would ever want that.

Granted that Pak isn't like Afghanistan or Iraq...it may give some tough time but it will lose against the US if we r talking about military confrontation between the two.

I think that's common sense. Even Russia knows they can't win from the US conventionally. Putin, at a recent conference stated: "I think its fair to say that there is only one true world power and that is the US".

Pakistani military won't go to war with the US and we all know that. I think their worst case may be the removal or capturing of the nuke assets and to ensure that there is muscle behind it, these tests are conducted every time a tough message makes it to Pakistan. Its pretty routine from what I've observed.

I think that's common sense. Even Russia knows they can't win from the US conventionally. Putin, at a recent conference stated: "I think its fair to say that there is only one true world power and that is the US".

Pakistani military won't go to war with the US and we all know that. I think their worst case may be the removal or capturing of the nuke assets and to ensure that there is muscle behind it, these tests are conducted every time a tough message makes it to Pakistan. Its pretty routine from what I've observed.
Well to be honest I don't know how US despite all it's power could ever seize all the warheads(considering the high security and dispersal around the country of the nuclear assets). As for this test being a response to McCain's statements, I'm still unconvinced. As I said before these kinds of tests are planned weeks to months prior to the test actually taking place. McCain just gave the statement within a couple of days of the test...in my opinion it is just a coincidence.

Just wait until some expert named Raj tears this down for the fake CGI missile test this really is.

Pak Army(Government and other entities as well) don't see US as an enemy. There's definitely a difference in opinion on various geopolitical issues and that gap has definitely grown with both nation's interests diverging over time but they r not hostile towards each other.

This can be seen in Pak's military doctrine so far. All of Pak's weapons whether acquired or developed r India centric. All the military exercises conducted and strategies devised also India centric. Pakistan only sees India as its enemy given India/Pak history. Though differences exist with US but there's still somewhat of an alliance that remains. Even in the event of hostilities between Pak/US I don't think Pak would ever win that fight...so any show of force towards the US is pointless.

I do agree with u in that @jetray is wrong and these tests r not due to the recent escalation between China and India. Tests like these take relatively long to plan/conduct and the recent tensions at India/China/Bhutan border just occurred not too long ago.

What's the reference here? I don't get it...but I have a feeling it's gonna be hilarious so I wanna know.
Moreover, the plate in front of the USA is full. Already it's like Trump/Pentagon vs the Family. 70% of the top US companies have their HQs outside and under the influence of the Family. Trump/Pentagon want them back. Recent KSA/GCC vs Qatar fiasco is a part of the scuffle. Even inside the USA, states like NY/CA etc. - the heart/brain of the USA- are more pro-Family. And, OBOR is fully supported by the Family whose HQ is in the UK which has never bowed fully down before the USA. Not to mention the Family never puts their eggs in one basket, and nothing is too big to fail for them, and their revenge is devastating specially on folks from their own yolks!!! Interesting times ahead!!!!

Senator McCain's comments depict the reality i.e Pakistan and US have multiple nodes of divergence when it comes to regional geopolitics especially over the conundrum of Afghanistan. I agree with you somewhat that US sees Pakistan in the context of Afghanistan, however, Chinese presence in Gwadar coupled with Chinese base in Djibouti would give China unprecedented strategic outreach into Indian Ocean. So, that is another development which isn't in the interests of US. I will break down some points over recent geopolitical and geoeconomic developments:

1) US doesn't possess the leverage it possessed before 2014-15. The economic aid given to Pakistan is around $500-600 million. Pakistan itself offered $500 million to Afghanistan and spent another $500 million on infrastructure projects in Afghanistan. Pakistan's economy size has grown to $300 Billion plus, so stopping that aid won't have much influence.

2) China's master stroke of realpolitik is CPEC, which has given it unprecedented economic influence over Pakistan, coupled with shareholding of Chinese companies in critically important institutions eg: KESC or Pakistan Stock Exchange. Add to this the acquisition of chinese defence equipment especially the deal for 8 S-26/ Type 39 Yuan class submarines. Chinese are also interested in Afghan mediation as reflected from recent shuttle diplomacy.

3) Pakistan's membership of the elite SCO club originally formed to check NATO's eastward creep is another critical development. SCO members usually hold military exercises with Russian led CSTO military alliance after every few years. Pakistan has also been trying to get observer status in CSTO, recently Pakistan's attempt was scuttled by an Armenian veto. Membership of SCO will further improve the evolving bilateral relations with Russia, which itself seeks a bigger role in Afghanistan due to emergence of IS-K and has hosted two multilateral mediation conferences in Moscow. US boycotted those conferences. Russian ambassador has also hinted at aligning Russia's EEU with CPEC.

4) Putin's envoy to Kabul, Zamir Kabulov has stated that Afghan Taliban are a "national force" and Russia sees them as an effective bulwark against emergence of IS-K. Afghan Taliban delegation also visited Beijing recently. Russia and China in the first trilateral meeting on Afghanistan called out for removing the names of Afghan Taliban leaders from UN's sanctions list.

5) Couple these with Pakistan's testing of Second Strike capability and MIRV capability. It has also given Pakistan more strategic regional clout and stature.

All these factors reflect, that Pakistan may not be coerced the way it used to be coerced before 2014 or during the PPP era as regional dynamics are changing really quickly. However, Pakistan and US would both prefer a working relationship with each other for some kind of regional approach towards resolving the Afghan fiasco.

What are you trying to say? None of this addresses the topic of my post!

Moreover, the plate in front of the USA is full. Already it's like Trump/Pentagon vs the Family. 70% of the top US companies have their HQs outside and under the influence of the Family. Trump/Pentagon want them back. Recent KSA/GCC vs Qatar fiasco is a part of the scuffle. Even inside the USA, states like NY/CA etc. - the heart/brain of the USA- are more pro-Family. And, OBOR is fully supported by the Family whose HQ is in the UK which has never bowed fully down before the USA. Not to mention the Family never puts their eggs in one basket, and nothing is too big to fail for them, and their revenge is devastating specially on folks from their own yolks!!! Interesting times ahead!!!!

You have a US flag and you are writing utter nonsense outside of a few things. I don't want to get into the President's personal stuff as I don't know it. But 70% of the top US companies ave headquarters "outside" of the US? You don't understand what you are saying or what the issue is, do you?

I didn't know New York, California, Texas were "foreign countries" :hitwall:. Where is Google out of, Microsoft, Apple, Amazon, Facebook, Netfix, Boeing, Lockheed Martin. Just FAANG alone, has many times more money than the US government and they constitute about 25% of the US stock market due to evaluation and capital's standpoint. None of these guys and thousand others are outside of the US. Please check facts before writing. You are confusing these companies offshore operations with head quarters. These are two very different terms with serious legal implications.

What are you trying to say? None of this addresses the topic of my post!

You have a US flag and you are writing utter nonsense outside of a few things. I don't want to get into the President's personal stuff as I don't know it. But 70% of the top US companies ave headquarters "outside" of the US? You don't understand what you are saying or what the issue is, do you?

I didn't know New York, California, Texas were "foreign countries" :hitwall:. Where is Google out of, Microsoft, Apple, Amazon, Facebook, Netfix, Boeing, Lockheed Martin. Just FAANG alone, has many times more money than the US government and they constitute about 25% of the US stock market due to evaluation and capital's standpoint. None of these guys and thousand others are outside of the US. Please check facts before writing. You are confusing these companies offshore operations with head quarters. These are two very different terms with serious legal implications.
You don't have the knowledge base to understand the riddle, so you've lost your patience. Remember, nothing's permanent, everything's is destined to fall...

The US can't track nor locate North koreas's 2-12 nukes, what makes you think it can "snatch" Pakistani nukes that are 130+ These "snatch" talk is a science fiction stuff. Pakistan is a powerful country and horrible nightmare to its enemies. It's about time Pakistanis realized their real worth and quit comparing yourselves to Iraq, Libya and Syria etc.

I told you how the US looks at Pakistan. Had it not been due to two conflicts back to back, really, what exactly has Pakistan offered to the world outside of problems and military dictatorships?? Which resulted in many more problems for Pakistanis, including children who were given machine guns back in Gen. Zia's dictatorship. Yes, we worked with him because we needed him (answering your future post you'd write to forget about everything else I wrote on here).

But arming College going children in a to be a-very-moderate, forward looking Pakistan of its time (better than South Korea back then) turned your country's culture into an intense, extremist like culture which then gave way to real extremism. Can you count how many young men and high school going children have been killed in places like Karachi due to that decision of arming them? So truthfully, the US appoints three people to oversee Pakistan. It doesn't matter if you have 200 million people or 500 million.

At the end of the day, you haven't produced anything for the world to consume (like Israeli tech, Indian IT and medical labor in large numbers, Chinese products, Malaysian semiconductors, Turkish tourism and tech). I am not writing this to sound arrogant. I am showing you my displeasure of what you guys have made out of your nation, which I know, has a ton of talent!

So instead of worrying about your population size, create political stability, and produce something, your nation is very talented but its been rotten up by military coupe's and the fake myth that civilians are dumb and stupid and can't grow trees, let alone run a country.

There is no nation on this planet that can say "we grew economically because we were ruled by the military". Corruption and all that stuff is everywhere, you need a stable political system to grow your country, and the economy and produce products that the world will consume and will know that "made in Pakistan" means something.

I know many won't like my statement, but I am speaking of the reality sadly.

That's a very weird rant considering the topic is missile tests which you claimed was in response to Sen. McCain's trip to the region. I thought that didn't make a lot of sense but then again you're entitled to your opinion despite however flawed it may be.

And how many people United States employ to oversee Pakistan isn't an indicator for how big or small Pakistan is. I think even the assertion is absurd but as long as it makes sense to you.

I think their worst case may be the removal or capturing of the nuke assets and to ensure that there is muscle behind it, these tests are conducted every time a tough message makes it to Pakistan. Its pretty routine from what I've observed.

Can you provide examples so we can determine if this is indeed a pattern or not?

That's a very weird rant considering the topic is missile tests which you claimed was in response to Sen. McCain's trip to the region. I thought that didn't make a lot of sense but then again you're entitled to your opinion despite however flawed it may be.

And how many people United States employ to oversee Pakistan isn't an indicator for how big or small Pakistan is. I think even the assertion is absurd but as long as it makes sense to you.

Can you provide examples so we can determine if this is indeed a pattern or not?

As you've clearly stated the topic is missile tech and we are off topic, I agree with you. I made my statement in terms of my perception and some understanding of why these were conducted at this time. Like you said, everyone has a right to their opinion.

In the threads best interest, I won't do more into derailing the thread as that wasn't my intention. Please open up another thread and I can discuss with you the historical patterns. You are welcome to google these tests and see the correlation with events yourself too. You seem like a person with some logic in their head so it should be easy for you to figure out.

You don't have the knowledge base to understand the riddle, so you've lost your patience. Remember, nothing's permanent, everything's is destined to fall...

Well, your post didn't come across as a riddle nor did I detect any mysteriousness. Usually you write good solid posts so I assumed you were actually making a real statement.

In the threads best interest, I won't do more into derailing the thread as that wasn't my intention. Please open up another thread and I can discuss with you the historical patterns. You are welcome to google these tests and see the correlation with events yourself too. You seem like a person with some logic in their head so it should be easy for you to figure out.

Since the topic is missile tests, you won't be derailing the thread if you post historical patterns that link Pakistani missile tests as some sort of a "response" to United States even when Pakistan is saying they are a response to Indian war doctrine. It would be an entertaining read given the fact that none of Pakistani missiles can even reach the United States nor do we share a border so linking the two will take some mental gymnastics. It would be nice if you backed up the claim with something more substantial than an advice for googling.

The US can't track nor locate North koreas's 2-12 nukes, what makes you think it can "snatch" Pakistani nukes that are 130+ These "snatch" talk is a science fiction stuff. Pakistan is a powerful country and horrible nightmare to its enemies. It's about time Pakistanis realized their real worth and quit comparing yourselves to Iraq, Libya and Syria etc.
It is indeed true that Pakistan is a relatively powerful country unlike Iraq/Libya/Syria but in my opinion it's better to "underestimate urself and overestimate ur enemy" and prepare as such rather than thinking urself strong. This always drives one to be better and explore all scenarios...keeping us on our toes.

Our neighbors to the east do the mistake of thinking themselves too powerful(although they r powerful) but such overestimation and ego will eventually backfire.

Back
Top Bottom