What's new

Pakistan to release 51 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture

Parul

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
pm-khoso-tv-speech-ppi-670.jpg

ISLAMABAD: Prime Minister Justice (R) Mir Hazar Khan Khoso ordered on Friday the release 51 Indian fishermen on humanitarian grounds as a gesture of goodwill. These prisoners have already served their sentences.

The decision was taken at a high level meeting attended by Federal Minister for Law, Ahmer Bilal Sufi, Chief Minister Sindh Justice (R) Zahid Qurban Alvi and senior officials of the Ministries of Interior, Foreign Affairs, Law and Justice and PM’s Secretariat.

The Prime Minister expressed the hope that the Indian Government will reciprocate the gesture and release the Pakistani prisoners incarcerated in Indian jails.

The Prime Minister was informed that presently 482 Indian prisoners were in Pakistani jails whereas 496 Pakistanis were in Indian jails. He was further informed that the government of Pakistan was awaiting the confirmation of national status of other Indian prisoners.

The Prime Minister directed the Ministry of Foreign Affairs to initiate dialogue with India for the release of Pakistani prisoners and return of Indian prisoners.

Pakistan to release 51 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture | Pakistan | DAWN.COM

Thank you Pakistan :pakistan:

In return india also should release 51 Pakistanis.

What i dont understand is why capture the poor guys to begin with? Before any of you get excited i am asking this to both sides?

What i dont understand is why capture the poor guys to begin with? Before any of you get excited i am asking this to both sides?

Capturing fishermen serves as a deterrent for those who follow.

Also, technically they have intruded into the territorial waters of another nation and carried out fishing which would amount to stealing ' assets' of another nation.

I have another question to add.

What happens to the boats these men had sailed on ? The fishermen return by land while their boats remain confiscated.

By now , both nations must have a small flotilla of boats. I suspect there must be a thriving business of selling these boats , their engines & associated stuff quite like the components of Bikes, Cars , trucks etc kept in Police Stations get sold.

Back
Top Bottom