What's new

Pakistan to provide training

That part I will agree with. I am sick and tired of the Kashmir dispute! Its time to put it behind us and move on. There's no sense in ruining the present and future of 160m people for a lost cause. This does not however mean I'm saying Kashmir isn't disputed, it IS a disputed territory and solutions should be worked out to make it work and now is the best opportunity.

Glad to hear about the training. Is nepal buying any arms from Pakistan yet? Some time back india sold them some locally made assault rifles and they started firing backwards. Im guessing the Nepal army is looking for some quality AK-47s from China or Pak .

Originally posted by SATAN@Mar 19 2006, 02:42 PM
Glad to hear about the training. Is nepal buying any arms from Pakistan yet? Some time back india sold them some locally made assault rifles and they started firing backwards. Im guessing the Nepal army is looking for some quality AK-47s from China or Pak .
[post=7295]Quoted post[/post]​

They started firing backward cuz they have a very solid reason to do that:)

Now as far as buying arms well the poot Nepalis if were not bullied they might buy some. For the moment they are just too much confronted with all those arms which have been provided to the rebels by a trouble maker.:)

Originally posted by SATAN+Mar 19 2006, 03:12 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(SATAN &#064; Mar 19 2006, 03:12 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>Glad to hear about the training. Is nepal buying any arms from Pakistan yet? Some time back india sold them some locally made assault rifles and they started firing backwards. Im guessing the Nepal army is looking for some quality AK-47s from China or Pak .
[post=7295]Quoted post[/post]​
[/b]

Originally posted by Jana@Mar 19 2006, 06:36 PM
Very enlightening.I am stunned by your knowledge about weapon systems.Keep it up. :thumbsup:

<!--QuoteBegin-Jana
@Mar 19 2006, 06:36 PM
For the moment they are just too much confronted with all those arms which have been provided to the rebels by a trouble maker.:)
[post=7298]Quoted post[/post]​
[/quote]
If that &#39;troublemaker&#39; insinuation is for India, then you are grossly mistaken.We are fighting the Maoists ourselves.Even the Nepali Maoists consider the Indian Govt. as their No.1 enemy. Chairman Mao&#39;s followers are natural enemies of India.

Originally posted by Hammer+Mar 19 2006, 07:09 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Hammer &#064; Mar 19 2006, 07:09 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>Very enlightening.I am stunned by your knowledge about weapon systems.Keep it up. :thumbsup:
[post=7300]Quoted post[/post]​
[/b]

:laugh: :laugh:

<!--QuoteBegin-Hammer
@Mar 19 2006, 07:09 PM
If that &#39;troublemaker&#39; insinuation is for India, then you are grossly mistaken.We are fighting the Maoists ourselves.Even the Nepali Maoists consider the Indian Govt. as their No.1 enemy. Chairman Mao&#39;s followers are natural enemies of India.
[post=7300]Quoted post[/post]​
[/quote]

:what: did i mention you :what: Now as far as the neighbouring countries of Nepal r concerned well who do you think will benefit from the unrest in Nepal???

Originally posted by Jana@Mar 19 2006, 08:28 PM

:what: did i mention you :what: Now as far as the neighbouring countries of Nepal r concerned well who do you think will benefit from the unrfest in Nepal???
[post=7303]Quoted post[/post]​
India has been a traditional supporter of Nepal for as long as it existed.Infact its citizens serve in the Indian armed forces. India has always supported the multi party democratic system with constitutional monarchy. Nepal and India share the same problem of Maoist insurgency. The Maoists want to establish a communist state in both India and Nepal throught armed struggle. Just last week they attacked a train in North India. India, UK and US had been arming Nepal for quite sometime.
Everything changed when the King dismissed the democratically elected govt and started ruling directly. India stopped its arms assistance along with US and UK. Now the Maoists of Nepal and India have very close ties.Helping the Nepali maoists is like indirectly feeding the snake at home. And that is why I insist that India doesnt have anything to do with them.
And the only other country that can benefit from this problem is China.But I don&#39;t think China is arming them. Most of the weapons that the Maoists use are of vintage design or the ones captured from the Nepalese army.

Originally posted by Sid@Mar 17 2006, 08:21 AM
On the contrary, Pakistan is more interested in enhancing ties with Myanmar, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka at first. Nepal is way down the list. China, maybe.
[post=7161]Quoted post[/post]​

I second that.
Our interest in Nepal is more linked with Chinese foreign policy, Pakistan will gain bigger strategic benefits by enhancing ties with the other three countries mentioned above.
But Nepal is ot fully useless; its a potential part of our strategic depth aslong we face threat from India.

Very enlightening.I am stunned by your knowledge about weapon systems. Keep it up. 

Hammer, as an indiaan i believe you break out in hives everytime you hear something negative about your county, hence your rantings and ravings on here. As regards the rifles given to Nepal by inda, well they ...LOL...they did fire backwards, and jammed up. Nepal wasnt too happy about that. Talk about a quality product.

I will of course post the link and the news article on here for everyone to enhance their knowledge about your country. In the meantime, try to use your brain and dont get so emotional. :stupid:

Originally posted by SATAN+Mar 20 2006, 05:13 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(SATAN &#064; Mar 20 2006, 05:13 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'>Hammer, as an indiaan i believe you break out in hives everytime you hear something negative about your county, hence your rantings and ravings on here. As regards the rifles given to Nepal by inda, well they ...LOL...they did fire backwards, and jammed up. Nepal wasnt too happy about that. Talk about a quality product.
[/b]

SATAN,
I infact complimented your knowledge on this particular subject&#33;.Where did I rave and rant ? :angel:

<!--QuoteBegin-SATAN
@Mar 20 2006, 05:13 AM
I will of course post the link and the news article on here for everyone to enhance their knowledge about your country. In the meantime, try to use your brain and dont get so emotional. :stupid:
[post=7339]Quoted post[/post]​
[/quote]

Hmmm....what can I say? Just calm down and read some facts.

Kathmandu, Aug 14 (IANS) Though Nepal&#39;s army blames Indian rifles for its reverses at the hands of Maoist insurgents in midwestern Nepal last week, it owes a recent victory to the same weapon, defence analysts say.

The Royal Nepalese Army created a furore Friday when its spokesman, Brigadier General Dipak Gurung, alleged at a press conference here that the army lost 43 soldiers at Pili in Kalikot district Aug 7 because the INSAS rifles used by the soldiers malfunctioned.

So far, India has given about 23,000 of the indigenously manufactured guns at a 70 percent subsidy, along with ammunition.

However, the supply stopped in February this year after King Gyanendra staged a royal coup.

The analysts say while Gurung blamed the INSAS for the Pili debacle, he also claimed over 300 Maoists were killed in the battle, which proves the efficacy of the rifles.

The analysts, who declined to be named, also pointed out that in April the army had inflicted huge losses on the insurgents when they tried to capture an army camp in the rocky Khara area in western Nepal&#39;s Rukum district.

Though Rukum is a rebel stronghold, the army killed nearly 120 outlaws during the attack while over 70 wounded guerrillas were said to have died later trying to get medical treatment.

During the Khara battle, the army had used INSAS rifles. Though the attack lasted for nearly 15 hours, the rifles did not get heated or malfunction.

In 2003, there had been some complaints about the newly acquired INSAS rifles malfunctioning, the Indian Embassy in Kathmandu said.

A team of experts, including P.K. Agarwal, additional general manager of the rifle factory in India that manufactures the weapons, visited Nepal to teach the Nepalese army how to fire and maintain the guns.

It was found that some of the guns did not fire because the soldiers had not wiped off the grease the factory had coated them with to prevent rust. The team test-fired 400 rounds continuously during the demonstration without hitch.

According to defence experts, the Royal Nepalese Army suffers from lack of training as well as motivation.

While in India, soldiers are given battle training for 12-14 months, in Nepal rookies get only five months training.

With India, the US and Britain suspending lethal military weapons supplies since the royal coup, there is also speculation that if the soldiers get to fire live bullets during training, the limited stock of ammunition might go down.

The increasing outbursts by the Nepalese army since the royal takeover without going through official procedures is being regarded by New Delhi as attempts to embarrass it internationally and damage Indo-Nepal relations.

--Indo-Asian News Service
http://www.eians.com/stories/2005/08/14/14ta.shtml

Originally posted by Jana+Mar 19 2006, 06:36 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Jana &#064; Mar 19 2006, 06:36 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>They started firing backward cuz they have a very solid reason to do that:)[/b]

You give them your G3, and with their poor training and weapons discipline, they will come back complaining about that rifle too.

<!--QuoteBegin-Jana
@Mar 19 2006, 06:36 PM
Now as far as buying arms well the poot Nepalis if were not bullied they might buy some. For the moment they are just too much confronted with all those arms which have been provided to the rebels by a trouble maker.:)
[post=7298]Quoted post[/post]​
[/quote]
No one is bullying Nepal, they are just being led up the garden path by their northern neighbours. They seem quite perturbed by our rising economic and military strength, hence they are making Nepal a pawn in their scheme.

Originally posted by Sid@Mar 18 2006, 10:35 PM
This does not however mean I&#39;m saying Kashmir isn&#39;t disputed, it IS a disputed territory and solutions should be worked out to make it work and now is the best opportunity.
[post=7265]Quoted post[/post]​
No doubt it is a dispute. But on what grounds - the two nation theory. That theory went out of window with:-
- Handing over of 5000 sq miles of J&K to China, and
- the separation of the eastern wing.

The only solution for this problem to end is an Indo-Pak federation. That way it belongs to both of us.

Originally posted by Jana@Mar 19 2006, 06:58 PM

:what: did i mention you :what: Now as far as the neighbouring countries of Nepal r concerned well who do you think will benefit from the unrest in Nepal???
[post=7303]Quoted post[/post]​

China...of course.
nepal os haven for ISI operatives.

I think your idea of a federation is quite absurd, since both countries are very different and nothing alike. However i would think that the only way indias poor down trodden people can live their way of life and culture...is to divide india into 2 parts, the states closer to Pakistan can form a seperate Moslem country and the hindus can go practice their ways in a pure hindu state . So why not let indias 150 millions moslems have Gujrat,Rajastan,Punjab,Kashmir form a seperate Unit ?

This way theres no pretending to be a "democracy" and india can fullfill its age old dream of being a purist hindu state. That way theres Total and complete peace on the subcontinent. :love:

Originally posted by SATAN+Mar 20 2006, 01:26 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(SATAN &#064; Mar 20 2006, 01:26 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>I think your idea of a federation is quite absurd, since both countries are very different and nothing alike. However i would think that the only way indias poor down trodden people can live their way of life and culture...is to divide india into 2 parts, the states closer to Pakistan can form a seperate Moslem country and the hindus can go practice their ways in a pure hindu state . So why not let indias 150 millions moslems have Gujrat,Rajastan,Punjab,Kashmir form a seperate Unit ?
[/b]

You should have finished this paragraph with a "Hail Hitler" and a Nazi salute. :laugh:.

<!--QuoteBegin-SATAN
@Mar 20 2006, 01:26 PM
This way theres no pretending to be a "democracy" and india can fullfill its age old dream of being a purist hindu state. That way theres Total and complete peace on the subcontinent. :love:
[post=7388]Quoted post[/post]​
[/quote]
How does one pretend to be a democracy? I must confess I have never heard terms and arguments like "Nuclear terrorist","pretending to be a democracy", "Indian made Rifles firing backwards" and "Iran should have nukes &#39;coz they signed NPT, CTBT", before you posted it. :laugh:
Apart from a few hindu rightwingers, not many believe in a purist Hindu state in India(And Thank God for that).We are a secular democracy and wish to remain so forever.

Originally posted by Prashant@Mar 20 2006, 12:51 PM
China...of course.
nepal os haven for ISI operatives.
[post=7385]Quoted post[/post]​

:):) when you dont have pro-Indian government there you had this excuse how childish dear wht ISI had to do there man its all RAW out there trying hard to put democarcy (Indian stoogies )there which u havent yet succeeded yet .isnt it

Back
Top Bottom