What's new

Pakistan To Participate In Turkey’s TFX Next-Gen Fighter Aircraft Program

This is the right time to combine our energy & experience in this next generation project which will help not only Pakistan and Turkey but all the Muslim countries, Sadly our other Muslim countries are spending heavy amount of money for buying US and European weapons and still showing no interest in research and development.
Well actually TFX could be an exit plan for Indonesia if KF-X program disbanded. USA still refuses to supply its core technology (AESA radar) which setbacking the program for more +2 years, forcing the Koreans (and us) to find alternate supplier or develop it together, if US still insist not to share it.

Would be interesting to see major muslim powers (Turkey-Pakistan-Indonesia) joining hands in developing 5th gen aircraft.

For such sensitive technology (AESA radar), would Turkey develop it herself or instead joining hands with other countries (i.e. Britain)?

Well actually TFX could be an exit plan for Indonesia if KF-X program disbanded. USA still refuses to supply its core technology (AESA radar) which setbacking the program for more +2 years, forcing the Koreans (and us) to find alternate supplier or develop it together, if US still insist not to share it.

Would be interesting to see major muslim powers (Turkey-Pakistan-Indonesia) joining hands in developing 5th gen aircraft.

For such sensitive technology (AESA radar), would Turkey develop it herself or instead joining hands with other countries (i.e. Britain)?
With JF-17 BLK 3 we might be able to get our hands on AESA tech in 5 to 6 years.

Last edited:

The core technologies are under development phase way before than TAI-BAE deal.

Aselsan develops AESA radar which is going to host domestic superior GaN modules.

EW systems, sensors, pods and softwares are Aselsan's main expertize area.

E/O systems, Thermal, IRST sensors are already under production.

Mission computer known as Özgur and avionics are already under development by aselsan.

AA missiles ( short range IIR and long range rf) called Goktuğ/ inner pylon Cruise misssile called SOM-J is under Roketsan and SAGE responsibility.

images

Thanks to my ulma mater microwave systems development has become like a second nature for the Turkish engineers...

Aselsan already is developing an AESA radar (revealed at IDEF'15), for F-16s presumably. But they'll also develop the AESA radar for TF-X.

images

Aselsan already is developing an AESA radar (revealed at IDEF'15), for F-16s presumably. But they'll also develop the AESA radar for TF-X.

can you explain why Turkey cant use the Same AESA on TF-X they will use for F-16 ?

can you explain why Turkey cant use the Same AESA on TF-X they will use for F-16 ?

I am no airman but, I don't think that it would be fair to use them on tf-x. Maybe @gambit could be helpful on whether or not it would be good to place an AESA radar that is developed for a 4th gen fighter to be used on a 5th gen one, given that TF-X's interface and avionics could be able to accommodate even newer systems. Why bother fill an AR-15 mag with 9mm? (this last sentece may show my ignorance very well). Developing it both for TF-X and F-16s in fact may be costy. Because we would kill the cost-effectiveness of the project value for F-16 which has a limited timeframe to serve in Turkish colors, money talks.

I am no airman but, I don't think that it would be fair to use them on tf-x. Maybe @gambit could be helpful on whether or not it would be good to place an AESA radar that is developed for a 4th gen fighter to be used on a 5th gen one, given that TF-X's interface and avionics could be able to accommodate even newer systems. Why bother fill an AR-15 mag with 9mm? (this last sentece may show my ignorance very well). Developing it both for TF-X and F-16s in fact may be costy. Because we would kill the cost-effectiveness of the project value for F-16 which has a limited timeframe to serve in Turkish colors, money talks.

How long do you think TuAF will operate their F-16's ? any wild guesses ?

How long do you think TuAF will operate their F-16's ? any wild guesses ?

Based on my very limited knowledge base, technology and product development need to follow a linear progression for reliability and quality assurance purposes. It's not a zero sum game. Every bit, success or failure, counts provided you keep you cognitive faculties open and functioning. Whatever they're developing now for F16 will help them to uplift for TFX, and it goes on like an endless marathon...

They will start to retire from 2030 as TFX starts coming in and then our fleet will consist of F-35 and TFX.

Well that will be same time when PAF will be retiring our F-16 fleet .. I do hope that PAF will get some deal with Turkey for joint Development of TF-X , PAF future Fleet i want to see will look something like this .
100 JF-17 block 3 ----- work will start by next year
100 JF-17 Block 1 and 2 --- 70 already in service
100 J-31's ----- it will be our twin engine long ranger Multi-role Fighter
50-80 TF-X ----- Our Air Superiority Fighter , replacement for F-16's :)

Back
Top Bottom