What's new

Pakistan To Participate In Turkey’s TFX Next-Gen Fighter Aircraft Program

Zarvan

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
tfx_proje_1471960117.jpg

Turkish Air Force concept for fifth generation multi-role fighter-bomber aircraft
- A +
Turkey has invited Pakistan to participate in the development of its next-generation fighter program, TFX.

Pakistan’s Minister of Defence Production Rana Tanveer Hussain in an interview with PTV last Sunday, said that Turkey had requested Islamabad to be part of the development program for its next-generation fighter aircraft.

Turkey is evaluating proposals for purchasing training aircraft for the Turkish Air Force, and Pakistan’s Super Mushshak trainer aircraft is a leading contender. A final decision is likely soon.

As for future collaboration, both countries are in discussions over possible cooperation on Turkey's first indigenous FX Fighter Jet program, Anadolu agency had quoted unnamed sources as saying in June this year.

Pakistan and Turkey are also collaborating on building a new warship fleet tanker. Pakistan’s Karachi Shipyard & Engineering Works (KSEW) has launched a 17,000-tonne heavy Warship fleet tanker, which was being constructed by the company in collaborating with the Turkish firm Savunma Teknologiler Muhendisilik (STM) Sunday.

http://www.defenseworld.net/news/16...ext_Gen_Fighter_Aircraft_Program#.V7x6cSNRXqB

Jf17 basic airframe will remain same even if more black are developed in future. There is no such thing as stealth jf17.

And no, J31 will also become part of PAF in future. There is good possibility that initial blocks of both F16 & Jf17 will be replaced by TFX & J31 respectively......
Good finally Pakistan dumped Chinese mal

Jf 17 will nə developed into stealth in block 4

Jf17 basic airframe will remain same even if more black are developed in future. There is no such thing as stealth jf17.

And no, J31 will also become part of PAF in future. There is good possibility that initial blocks of both F16 & Jf17 will be replaced by TFX & J31 respectively......

That is why Pakistan will need a TFX variant to be single engine, J-31 is already dual.

Good finally Pakistan dumped Chinese mal

China became the worlds Third largest arms exporter.

J20 entered limited production, Other than US, how many other states are producing stealth fighter jets?

China conducted a seventh successful flight test of its hyper sonic glide vehicle, which travels at speeds between 4,000 and 7,000 miles per hour. How many other states have this other than US and Russia?

Has an operational ASAT system. Other than US and Russia how many other states?

Has built three different kinds of AWACS KJ2000, KJ200 and KJ500.

China is fielding the worlds first operational ASBM, referred to as the DF-21D, a theater range ballistic missile equipped with a maneuverable reentry vehicle(MaRV) designed to hit moving ships at sea.

Chinese Gunship WZ-10 uses WZ9 ingeniously developed WZ9 engine.

Exported weaponized drones to several countries.

Conducted 7th test of DF-41 ICBM with a range upto 15000kms and MIRV's.

Laser weapons like LAG II to destroy aerial targets.

Exceptional cyber espionage skills...For that you can refer to Pentagon for details :lol:

I am certain that there are so many other military accomplishments that China has made over the last few years about which i am not even aware of, same goes for their engine programs, for that you will have to talk to the Chinese members, as they can provide better details. So far Chinese antagonists have been banking on this one point extravagantly to play down Chinese military industrial complex & its achievements, which you ask me, in all fairness is nothing but a folly and a "feel good attemp
@Beast @Chinese-Dragon @ChineseTiger1986 @Sinopakfriend @SinoSoldier Would you like to add more?

See Turkey is building this jet to work with it's F-35 fleet. Which is single engine, and Pakistan won't be getting any F-35's. We most probably will be getting J-31 which is dual engine. Plus Single engine have good benefits for PAF such as costs etc.
You can't engineer two screws in single directional project, yet designing two jets and that too with stealth geometry ?
Turkish TFX program is for twin engine design. It is not possible to take that design and just convert it into single engine.
If you want with single engine, you have to start a new project with different name from zero.

Jf 17 will nə developed into stealth in block 4

and same applies for conversion of non stealthy JF-17.

It's going to be about the money. How much will it cost? How many air frames will it acquire? Will it be assembled in Pakistan? So many questions.

It's an invitation and why wouldnt they like to invite Pakistan as it shares the development cost. But is TFX a viable solution at the moment, I am little suspicious. Another reason for this might be to barter the Super Mashak with share of development cost. I can recall more recently that T129 deal enatiled a fair amount of barter of defence products between the countries . If Super Mashak is a sunk sale, I'd rather accept it. If hard cash is involved, I'd rather say thanks and look eastwards for something more mature and out of drawing board product.

China became the worlds Third largest arms exporter.

J20 entered limited production, Other than US, how many other states are producing stealth fighter jets?

China conducted a seventh successful flight test of its hyper sonic glide vehicle, which travels at speeds between 4,000 and 7,000 miles per hour. How many other states have this other than US and Russia?

Has an operational ASAT system. Other than US and Russia how many other states?

Has built three different kinds of AWACS KJ2000, KJ200 and KJ500.

China is fielding the worlds first operational ASBM, referred to as the DF-21D, a theater range ballistic missile equipped with a maneuverable reentry vehicle(MaRV) designed to hit moving ships at sea.

Chinese Gunship WZ-10 uses WZ9 ingeniously developed WZ9 engine.

Exported weaponized drones to several countries.

Conducted 7th test of DF-41 ICBM with a range upto 15000kms and MIRV's.

Laser weapons like LAG II to destroy aerial targets.

Exceptional cyber espionage skills...For that you can refer to Pentagon for details :lol:

I am certain that there are so many other military accomplishments that China has made over the last few years about which i am not even aware of, same goes for their engine programs, for that you will have to talk to the Chinese members, as they can provide better details. So far Chinese antagonists have been banking on this one point extravagantly to play down Chinese military industrial complex & its achievements, which you ask me, in all fairness is nothing but a folly and a "feel good attemp
@Beast @Chinese-Dragon @ChineseTiger1986 @Sinopakfriend @SinoSoldier Would you like to add more?

Close as China - Pakistan relations are, Pakistan is not keen on rely exclusively on Chinese equipment. Turkey seems like the only country that is willing to sell Pakistan without strings attached.

You can't engineer two screws in single directional project, yet designing two jets and that too with stealth geometry ?
Turkish TFX program is for twin engine design. It is not possible to take that design and just convert it into single engine.
If you want with single engine, you have to start a new project with different name from zero.

and same applies for conversion of non stealthy JF-17.

The F-35 has 3 Variants.

Back
Top Bottom