What's new

Pakistan To Participate In Turkey’s TFX Next-Gen Fighter Aircraft Program

It depends on whether Beijing (in the absence of a PLAAF or PLAN order) is willing to invest in the FC-31 and not distribute the R&D overhead to buyers. Instead, play the long-game by exacting a small profit atop of the cost of materials and labour. The risk in this approach is that they may not profit off the program, especially if there's only 1 or 2 FC-31 customers.
My question is that then why did they start FC-31 in the first place? Can you throw some light on that? I mean if they don't have a customer then why the news said that within 3 yrs J-31 will enter production?

Bad news coming from Turkey, because of failed coup attempt there is lack of finance for TFX project so the project has been shelved by the Government.

Bad news coming from Turkey, because of failed coup attempt there is lack of finance for TFX project so the project has been shelved by the Government.
May be postponed for a year, turkey economy is strong and they will start it soon.

This rumored was also spread in first week of the attempt and it was denied by Turkish Government. Pakistan Affairs at its best

A 5 gen fighter will generally cost turkey around 10-12 billion dollars, now the question is.
1.how much will Pakistan invest?
2.how many numbers will Pakistan order?
3.even USA is having trouble in developing their F35, how will Turkey deal with tech issues and yes both Pakistan and turkey lack expertise.
4.Pakistan in future needs at least 1 quality fighter like the J20, T-50 or F35, PAF requires at least 2 squadrons.
5.will TFX be able to take on T50 or F35 in future?
No trolling please.....these are valid points....i need valid answers, because future IAF is going to be really strong along with Su30 mki, rafale, AMCA and FGFA.

Hello All
I said it before and I will say it again !!!!!!! for all those who are worry about money or finances ,
Money is not the issue , problem or what ever ,, then main hurdle is and will be availability , because of so many dam reasons, now fog is lifting so you all are hearing so much like talks are going on for su-35 or Typhon or this or that.
where do I guess or understand PAF they will surly go for J31 and TFX (yes for both) if both are really afford and available .
Y , very simple because of India , IAF in 10 years will have (they planning)more then 200+ 4.5++gen and 5th Gen birds with 250+ su-30 with Su-35 kit . and also hundreds of other advance birds .
Jf 17 in its current air frame and some old f16 (although they are good but for now ) will not be able to do there job or I would say any thing against that fire power which IAF will have in 10 to 15 years (if things work in IAF favour ).
I am not sure if you all notice our PM for saying again and again , that we will not allow balance of power to go in India's favour but with out entering in arms race , so my guess , PAF very soon have new birds , like 4.5++ gen Typhon , and for 5th Gen J-31 and TFX both , and very good chance of M-2000s from Middle East ,
and su-35 will come for navy if they ever come (the suit more for navy).
Thank you all

Hello All
I said it before and I will say it again !!!!!!! for all those who are worry about money or finances ,
Money is not the issue , problem or what ever ,, then main hurdle is and will be availability , because of so many dam reasons, now fog is lifting so you all are hearing so much like talks are going on for su-35 or Typhon or this or that.
where do I guess or understand PAF they will surly go for J31 and TFX (yes for both) if both are really afford and available .
Y , very simple because of India , IAF in 10 years will have (they planning)more then 200+ 4.5++gen and 5th Gen birds with 250+ su-30 with Su-35 kit . and also hundreds of other advance birds .
Jf 17 in its current air frame and some old f16 (although they are good but for now ) will not be able to do there job or I would say any thing against that fire power which IAF will have in 10 to 15 years (if things work in IAF favour ).
I am not sure if you all notice our PM for saying again and again , that we will not allow balance of power to go in India's favour but with out entering in arms race , so my guess , PAF very soon have new birds , like 4.5++ gen Typhon , and for 5th Gen J-31 and TFX both , and very good chance of M-2000s from Middle East ,
and su-35 will come for navy if they ever come (the suit more for navy).
Thank you all

With what money?

I am reading in the news it got cancelled after failed coup

It's been delayed. Alan Warnes is saying that plans to have the TFX fly by 2023 - which was very unlikely to happen anyways - have been abandoned. They don't have a date for the maiden flight, but the program is still alive.
Delayed indefinately. Means even if it gets delayed til 5 years that pushes the first expected date of first flight (Means the start of the testing, add another 5-6 years for commercialization) to 2028. World will have mature JSFs be flying by 2022-2024. And Turks to be honest, are not at a point both economically or militarily where they can afford spending money on a 4++ platform on their own. China, US, Europe and Russia have large enough domestic fleets to absorb a significant number. Turkey will be stuck like Pakistan and have to look for export orders to keep the costs bearable. An example for such was Japanese F-2, a cost monster.

Im skeptical about the TFX, with planned induction of JSFs, doesnt seem to have a priority for Turkey. It always seemed like a backup project incase the JSF inductions dont happen but since that is going on JSF progress is going well, its better they concentrate on JSF.

Jf17 basic airframe will remain same even if more black are developed in future. There is no such thing as stealth jf17.

And no, J31 will also become part of PAF in future. There is good possibility that initial blocks of both F16 & Jf17 will be replaced by TFX & J31 respectively......

From the little I know, JFT will have a stealthy single engine variant in the shape of block IV. Call that "stealth optimized" than total stealth if you will. The PAF wants the stealth tech and wants to master it internally, which makes perfect sense.

The PAF has realized the need for the heavies in comparison to India. More than likely, the TFX will be built in two versions, first, twin turbines and Pakistan will get those squadrons too to form her "Hi" and later, a higher thrust engine will be produced / procured for a single engine configuration for Pakistan (to replace the F-16's eventually).

J-31 was recently rejected by the PAF. They might come back to it, but they thought between TFX and JFT block IV, it would make more sense. However, common sense tells you that the J-31 should've been purchased. And now, may be it would be, after the recent challenges with India that took place last week under the threat of "full surgical strikes".

Im skeptical about the TFX, with planned induction of JSFs, doesnt seem to have a priority for Turkey. It always seemed like a backup project incase the JSF inductions dont happen but since that is going on JSF progress is going well, its better they concentrate on JSF.
I have no insiders info or anything like that. But I know the mindset of the Turkish folks. TFX is like a "eating grass" type project specially after the coup (read capitulation) attempt through proxies. I am pretty sure Pak folks can easily connect the dots...

i haven't wish for anything .. i believe that PAF will be looking at block 3 Performance compared to F-16 block 52's ... after new EU suites , more hard points , and Engine upgrade ( if ) and IFR, HOBS etc
the next Gen will be chosen very carefully .. lots of Members here think Su-35 , J-31 and TFX might make their way, but i would not completely phase out the Possibility of F35's here , Of course it will be depending on US-Pakistan Relationship and time will play crucial part here ...if Paf have something in mind to get 5th gen after 2025.. than i wont be surprised if they formally request F-35's from US , to keep the Balance of Power in S.A
JF-17 will be never equal to F-16 blk- 52 as for F-35 i have to say this you are:sarcastic: pakistan is shifting toward Russia and China and you are talking about F-35:hitwall::lol::rofl:

From the little I know, JFT will have a stealthy single engine variant in the shape of block IV. Call that "stealth optimized" than total stealth if you will. The PAF wants the stealth tech and wants to master it internally, which makes perfect sense.

The PAF has realized the need for the heavies in comparison to India. More than likely, the TFX will be built in two versions, first, twin turbines and Pakistan will get those squadrons too to form her "Hi" and later, a higher thrust engine will be produced / procured for a single engine configuration for Pakistan (to replace the F-16's eventually).

J-31 was recently rejected by the PAF. They might come back to it, but they thought between TFX and JFT block IV, it would make more sense. However, common sense tells you that the J-31 should've been purchased. And now, may be it would be, after the recent challenges with India that took place last week under the threat of "full surgical strikes".
don't live in your imaginations, their is no stealth optimized versions of JFT called blk4:lol:, and where do get this PAF rejected the J-31, in your wet dream:rofl:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom