What's new

Pakistan to install air defence system at Pak-Afghan border

Except that it quite clearly wasn't shot down in Iran. It is almost completely intact from whatever evidence we have with videos. Whether it came down because of some failure or whether the Iranians, as they claim took control of it electronically, it quite clearly wasn't brought down using conventional weapons. We can reasonably assume that the technology to take control of drones electronically is not widely available (even in the unlikely probability that the Iranians did it that way), so Pakistan would still have a problem. Attempting to shoot down armed drones (unlike that in Iran) is likely to beget an immediate response. Not an easy choice.

Two stealth crafts down so far, more to come. The heat signature alone gives away the craft using simple image intensifiers or IR scopes.

P.S. I believe that Iran electronically took over the US drone. Russia & China are probably in the process of inspecting it, & don't be surprised if Pakistan gets to know more about it as well.

It is not that hard to shoot down a drone if you want to.

pakistan should really shot down some drones if it threatened its sovereignity

otherwise this article is just for public consumption

I think it is good decision(if only it were to be implemented ASAP) at least from the Indian perspective... Pakistan making an enemy of the worlds only superpower...it will dynamically tilt the scales in Indian favor.

Except that it quite clearly wasn't shot down in Iran. It is almost completely intact from whatever evidence we have with videos. Whether it came down because of some failure or whether the Iranians, as they claim took control of it electronically, it quite clearly wasn't brought down using conventional weapons. We can reasonably assume that the technology to take control of drones electronically is not widely available (even in the unlikely probability that the Iranians did it that way), so Pakistan would still have a problem. Attempting to shoot down armed drones (unlike that in Iran) is likely to beget an immediate response. Not an easy choice.

Yes- you can still hold on to your fantasies (wet dreams) of immediate response-
The amrikan had the options- 3 infact to retrieve or destroy the downed drown- bombing the crash site was one of them- but they didn't-
How you believe amrika will have 3 times much balls to respond to Pakistan-
as i said one can imagine all they want- the reality is something else-

An unmanned drone- "unmanned" is the key- no one is stupid enough not even amriki to retaliate over a loss of machine-

I think Pakistan has every right to take back the permission they had granted US to operate drones as its their own sovereign land and right.

However, sovereignty means one is responsible of what happens on that land. And if Pakistani land is used to launch military attacks against neighboring countries, thus violating their sovereignty then Pakistan must be deprived of this right.

Its only fair. The ball is still in Pakistan's court.

Yes- you can still hold on to your fantasies (wet dreams) of immediate response-
The amrikan had the options- 3 infact to retrieve or destroy the downed drown- bombing the crash site was one of them- but they didn't-
How you believe amrika will have 3 times much balls to respond to Pakistan-
as i said one can imagine all they want- the reality is something else-

An unmanned drone- "unmanned" is the key- no one is stupid enough not even amriki to retaliate over a loss of machine-

I'm not the one doing the fantasising here. The nature of the drone over Iran was different than what has been so far been used over Pakistan. That one was unarmed, the ones over Pakistan aren't. The Americans have so far only threatened Iran with violence, they have gone a bit further than that in Pakistan, haven't they? If u can, shoot them down. Talking about giving orders to do this or that is never going to impress anybody but you chaps.

News I have heard regarding shoot down Drone or any aircraft if violate Pakistan Airspace... from GHQ
i big joke hahahaha
lets wait for an drone attack

---------- Post added at 12:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:36 PM ----------

Remember the ''We Killed OBL charade''.........If an RPG can take down an American Stealth heli, then, why can't these manpads be of any luck? The proponents of "Out of this world, American military tech" need to use their grey matter.
that heli crash landed didn't get shot by rpg
and yes rpg can also shoot chinook like afghanistan but a10 b52 and drones are way above rpg range

---------- Post added at 12:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:39 PM ----------

Instead of shooting down the drones, we should look into arming some "non state elements" with cold war era MANPAD. And then blame it on Talibans...so PA can come out hands clean!
unfortunately you don't have any non state actors on your side in this WOT you have lost america your ally and talibans your offspring a catch 22 for pakistan now

Instead of shooting down the drones, we should look into arming some "non state elements" with cold war era MANPAD. And then blame it on Talibans...so PA can come out hands clean!

Non state elements done more harm to Pakistan than good.

Just for some revenge, do not open that box again

Let me ask you something: If some dude enters your house and is raping your mother or sister but he has a gun would you try to you save your sister or mother even though you don't have any gun and the rapist has a gun or would you just accept the reality and enjoy the show?Sounds like you would probably get an erection.

You guys seemed to have enjoyed the show for a few years now. Why this sudden love for your mom and sis?

I'm not the one doing the fantasising here. The nature of the drone over Iran was different than what has been so far been used over Pakistan. That one was unarmed, the ones over Pakistan aren't. The Americans have so far only threatened Iran with violence, they have gone a bit further than that in Pakistan, haven't they? If u can, shoot them down. Talking about giving orders to do this or that is never going to impress anybody but you chaps.

Many unarmed drones have also been used inside Pakistan for surveillance purposes. In terms of shooting/bringing down the drone, it makes little difference whether it is armed or unarmed.

Coming days are really interesting for pak. If they downed few drones then supply of spare parts get halted for sure for US made weapon systems. Currently Pak is in some kInd of jeopardy. Let's wht time unfold for all of us

If you can see the difference in drones-
You should be able to see the difference in both situations aswell-
amrika has gone a bit further because we have let them to-
and now according to Kayani's statement we are taking the right back-

and Iran is considered as an enemy and threat to the whole world- dont know why amrika is still waiting to attack iran (read: un nuclear) with even the support of all the oil rich arabs NATO- its puppet Israel-- If amriki attack was so much easy amrika and allies have wasted a chance?- didn't they?-

But Pakistan is like a piece of cake for you- Amriki retaliation will be a child play- it inevitable for you indians- thats why i am saying you lot fantasize amriki respond against any thing Pakistani- thats equivalent of thinking with your heart not with head-

---------- Post added at 09:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:00 AM ----------

General Kayani orders to shoot down the drones ! what good is it now so many pakistani are dead what good is it now :angry:

It is good- to stop many more Pakistanis to die-
Isn't it good?

You guys seemed to have enjoyed the show for a few years now. Why this sudden love for your mom and sis?

We joined and sacrificed in this so called WOT to protect kin and kith of all from the menace of terrorism but it so seems your host relatives are incompetent to distinguish between friend and foe.

Back
Top Bottom