What's new

Pakistan to help Nigeria build solid defence sector

We made a deal improvement in defense sector vs cheap fuel. Not a bad move since 1995 we have been supplying them stuff from POF for free now its time for a big payback.

Indeed good move sir my short post was more looking into Gulf of Aden and the big game in near future that has already been started with almost all the players jumping in .

Reminds me of something.

Nigeria and _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _, two of a kind.

Nigerian Civil War - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Yes, right since theft/murders/rape/pillage have been around and will remain around for the rest of mankind so.........

great logic, can't do better so jump the gun and do wrong.

Before you ba _ _, it would be better to see your own record and status of internal conflicts. try to post something useful which may sound little bit intellectual, don't post the rubbish which is your trait.

Did u see the name of India somewhere in the post ??? U guys have the tendency to drag in Pak-Ind in everything and then try to counter with BS arguments about the actions of your pathetic country.

Keep your mouth shut and post something useful or else keep it shut.

India has made the move. And i think India will try to block the Pakistan - Nigeria Relation.

Nigeria turns on India Inc
Tuesday August 18, 03:57 PM
"Indian companies have committed an investment of almost $6 billion (Rs 29,000 crore) in next two years," said Elder Godsday Peter A. Orubebe, minister of state, ministry of Niger delta affairs.

The quantum of assistance from the assisting country and the assurance of future development that might have turn Nigeria towards India rather 'the majority of muslims in Nigeria' factor.

Above all We lack in and should learn the art of international statesmanship from others.

Above all We lack in and should learn the art of international statesmanship from others.

Your people don't need to learn from anyone they are also as good as Indians, etc. But their hands are tied for several reasons.

Before you ba _ _, it would be better to see your own record and status of internal conflicts. try to post something useful which may sound little bit intellectual, don't post the rubbish which is your trait.

Did u see the name of India somewhere in the post ??? U guys have the tendency to drag in Pak-Ind in everything and then try to counter with BS arguments about the actions of your pathetic country.

Keep your mouth shut and post something useful or else keep it shut.

I did post a link for you guys (written not by me but the whole world). But of course.....

Of course, because what Nigeria really needs right now, is a solid defense sector.... oO What a waste of their resources.

:coffee:
Of course, because what Nigeria really needs right now, is a solid defense sector.... oO What a waste of their resources.

Instead of giving a one liner, would you kindly please care to elaborate what do you exactly mean by that???:coffee:

Apparently Pakistan intends to supply military hardware to Nigeria, in lieu of oil. While, India, among other things, intends to invest in oil and gas.

Is only me, or someone else too can see the irony in it.

Apparently Pakistan intends to supply military hardware to Nigeria, in lieu of oil. While, India, among other things, intends to invest in oil and gas.

Is only me, or someone else too can see the irony in it.
Do not you also see the other side of the irony? India is to invest billions on oil ang gas in Nigeria, but the irony is the Nigerians would not buy military hardwares from India. Instead, that country has chosen Pakistan to supply them the hardwares.

Does it prove that the Indian hardwares are below standard, or may be Indians want to sell their rusted/old wares. It only proves that Pakistan produces better equipments.

Do not you also see the other side of the irony? India is to invest billions on oil ang gas in Nigeria, but the irony is the Nigerians would not buy military hardwares from India. Instead, that country has chosen Pakistan to supply them the hardwares.

Does it prove that the Indian hardwares are below standard, or may be Indians want to sell their rusted/old wares. It only proves that Pakistan produces better equipments.

It only proves that, you are trolling here. First of thread is about Pakistan and Nigeria. No offense to add India but who add does makes sense.

If same question is asked someone else, then we should try to reply. We don't need to reply to some few people who have been always Anti-Indian.

Mr Troll, if you had cared to be a little less enthusiastic in hitting the reply button, you would have noticed, that it was Pak who had approached, the Nigerians and not the other way round. And guess what the reply of the Nigerians was "the Pakistani proposal would be given due attention and treated on merit". In other words, they havn't yet accepted the offer.

Yes a very good strategic move indeed and but IMO i doubt the Nigerians would be requiring those hi-tech platforms yet , they may go in for small arms and anti -aircraft defense system along with a good radar network , it will surely give boost to the Pakistan defense export which is increasing at a rapid pace.

if you read the news, this is what the intention is. Everyone has to make a start somewhere. However this is not going to be an esasy ride. Establishing defence industrial base is frought with difficulties and is quite labour and finance intensive. There isalso a question of threat perception which make s one spend money on R+D and defence. i dont think there are too many threats to nigeria's integrity other than the internal ones and they will not be sorted out with arms.
It may in my humble opinion have been a better strategy to start with dual use technology and exploit its commercial aspects and rely on the income generation to fund your defence industry.
WaSalam
Araz

Bhai
If you have invested Billions you have done it for eventual profit and not charity. Just because you have invested money into a country does not mean they will buy everything from you .
If POF has supplied them arms since 95 they have seen the quality of it and obviously are happy with it and therefore are making a follow on order. Whats so wrong with that .Perhaps indians might not have made tham a good enough offer or perhaps indians might have tried and lost out to POF. You win some and you lose some. This is the nature of the game.
Araz

When did we say we are providing the defence equipment or building their defence sector as charity ??? unlike You say so viz viz Afghanistan :whistle:

Wow.. Please make something better and constructive argument.. You thanked the following post of Mr. Muradk. that too posted just above this :blah:

We made a deal improvement in defense sector vs cheap fuel. Not a bad move since 1995 we have been supplying them stuff from POF for free now its time for a big payback.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
P.S. Please post your "importance of recognizing Israel" article. I would love to read.:rofl:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom