What's new

Pakistan to form it's own T20 league like IPL

Status
Not open for further replies.
State of T20 League around the world
India:- IPL is now into 4th season expanded into 10 teams. It starts in 4 days
Australia:- Big Bash is all set to start in 2012. Private investors have been offered minor stakes in all teams. Most of the Investment has been Indian
USA:- NZ Board along with some private Indian investors have invested in USA. The IPL style T-20 league is all scheduled to start in June 2012
NZ:- A T-20 league that has foreign players in it. They also have played smart by investing in USA Cricket
England:- ECB has been talking with private investors for quite some time and counties. They are looking for a suitable format. The IPL style tournament is scheduled to start again in 2012
SL:- In the domestic T-20 Tournament, they are planning to allow private sponsors to come in and buy foreign players for the teams. This process starts in 2012
WI:- It does not allow foreign players to play in the team but rather invites foreign teams for T-20 cup. They invited top 2 county teams and Canada in their domestic league.
Canada:- Talks on with private investors. Plan to start a 5 team IPL style T-20 league again from 2012
Bangladesh:- Even they have gone for Franchise type T-20 tournament. NCL T-20 was played last year. Franchise was sold for 100,000$ (Likely for 1 year). They plan to go long term with it. Shoaib Akhtar played in first edition
Zimbabwe:- Domestic T-20 tournament was played. Some big names like Lara took part in it

I have been following this thread for a long time. Almost everybody has gone into more competitive, resource earning T-20 tournament. I know Pakistan also has a RBS T-20 tournament but it did not bring money ether for players and board rather lost it. It is big time Pakistan looks into this way of earning
A good proposal of playing it with UAE was there, but nothing is moving in any direction. I believe it is all matter of private investors

foreign player aayenge khelne? its not easy to organise event like IPL.
yes,you can organise maches abroad till the situation gets normal in pak.
I highly doubt that pakistani business giants can spend more money than the Indian ones to 'beat' IPL.

Yeh saab aap ki meherbanyan hein, by the way.

It would be cool for a Pakistani version of IPL. IPL and its Pakistanis counter part(once it develops) can come together once in a while and create some epic tournaments.

I was hoping that relationship between Indian and Pakistani cricket board will come back to normal, but Afridi gave unnecessary statements. It was almost certain that India will tour Pakistan soon, not sure now.

If Manmohan Singh stayed in power then for sure Indian team will visit Pakistan soon.

Foolish Idea .. instead they should promote the idea of APL ( Asian Premier League ) :agree:

Excuse me..! Pakistan will create a league on it's own to rival IPL!?:rofl:

it would be interesting to see a mega event like this organised, foreign players or not, pcb needs to start such league, it already exists as the rbs t20 league, but it needs to have more investment and more professional touch and more international coverage from news channels like ten sports and some indian sports channels etc, among foreigners i would personally prefer if guys from south african and australian league join pakistani league, it would be a hell of a match up, the format can be slightly amened like 3o over format instead of 20 over format. the more important thing is to groom the players more than money

The entire domestic circuit in pakistan is organized by the private corperate sector
:yahoo::yahoo:

what is IPL worth, generous guess 1.8 billion, since we're 1/3 the size i'm pretty sure we can come up with 540 million.. how much did it cost to start ipl??? 4 to 5 hundred million Correspondingly it would cost around 100 to 200 million, which is alot of money for pakistani players
You got it wrong it is worth more than $4 billion

IPL brand value doubles to $4.13 billion: Brand Finance - Economic Times

BEST REVENGE WOULD BE GET THE INDIAN GUY who was kicked out by IPL and make him the head of the PPL league and he will set things up right !!!

Pakistan needs to have a PPL. All the team Pakistan International Airlines, Sui Northern, National Bank, Habib Bank, Pakistn Steel, Lahore Lions, Karachi Dolphins, Sialkot Stallions, Quetta Bears, Askari Bank, State Life Insurance etc.. All 35+ teams need to come under one umbrella and play a league instaed pf playing their separate tournaments. There are all professional teams that are hired and paid by these coporations. Majority of the cricketers in Pakistan played for these teams.

Imran Khan played for PIA, Javed Miandad also plyed for PIA, Afridi playes for the Karachi Dolphins. Wahab Riaz, Umar Akmal, Abdul Razzak play for the Lahore Lions. The Pakistani player hired by South Africa Imran tahir played for Sui Northern Gas and I can go on and on. Pakistan needs to commercialize the evnets and then we will really make it big.

india ka rejected maal select karoge lol

Yes, we rejected the United India and formed Pakistan, so what is wrong with one person rejected by India?

There is talk among the business and cooperate community of Pakistan to start a rival league to IPL..... which would include foreign regional cities as kabul and etc....

Fu*k Kabul. Therte are enough cities and enough cricketrs within Pakistan. Even the T/20 is a Pakistani concept.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom