What's new

Pakistan to face economic sanctions if doesn't open NATO routes

In my personal opinion, even if US offers pakistan very high transit fee, the routes should NOT be opened. NATO hardwares are a security threat to pakistan because US is covertly building up a formidable military force in Afghanistan.

As far as economic sanctions, I am sure pakistan can deal with those. History has proved so. I guess that is why Pakistan is going ahead with Iran pipeline despite barking from US and Arabs. Pakistan is now expecting such a sanction.

Unke dimagh main aye ya na aye, aap pattian parha lo.

Nahi bhai, China will do whatever it takes to serves its own national interests, not Pakistan's. Meray pattian parhaaney sey koi faraq nahi parey ga.

It is not going to be as simple as that. Nobody will say the sanctions are for blocking supply routes. The sanctions could be easily made on grounds of Pakistan no longer being an ally but an adversary in the WoT, with failure to eliminate terrorist sanctuaries from its territory. The rest will follow.

Pakistan's policies should avoid that possibility.

We should avoid that by working on our terrorism problem, not working on obliging the US and do squat about our terrorism problem. Thats how the mess started in the first place.

We should avoid that by working on our terrorism problem, not working on obliging the US and do squat about our terrorism problem. Thats how the mess started in the first place.

Absolutely correct. But that will require commitment and resources. Neither are in abundant enough supply at the moment domestically.

These are my issues, what is the point in arguing in a discussion where the international community would put sanctions on me, for not giving US a supply route? Main pagal, main sanki, theek hai. You should talk about your issue in justifying why you can place sanctions on me, when you have Iran and Russian options available. You can't say we as Pakistan are doing some sort of crime against humanity by blocking Afghanistan, we haven't blocked it since you have other options.

Last time we backed out of the conference of Afghan solution as well, we need an apology now to come back.
Sanctions only beacasue Pakistan despite saying this and that is supporting some terrorists or atleast turning a blind eye to them.. It is the ego of the Pakistani Army and Govt. to seem to playing games with gullible public.. Apology for starting this mess with US in the first place?

Sanctions only beacasue Pakistan despite saying this and that is supporting some terrorists or atleast turning a blind eye to them.. It is the ego of the Pakistani Army and Govt. to seem to playing games with gullible public.. Apology for starting this mess with US in the first place?

The US has admitted that not a single shred of evidence exists that implicates Pakistan. But they are frustrated.

well we learn from the Chinese. I as a Pakistani prefer Chinese assistance. They have won our hearts and minds. Something your beloved all knowing can do no wrong Americans could learn from

Sirs, with all due respect. Is this not hypocrisy ? You, and the others in this thread, are sitting comfortably in western countries egging your home land on to adopt a policy that will serve no purpose than end up being the proverbial bullet to the head.

The men and women of your country and not you will have to face the sanctions. From what i understand, the outcome of crippling economic sanctions on ailing and corrupt economy is never a pretty picture.

Please try and think before you hand out advice.

Don't be too surprised if China participates in sanctions, should it come to that, which I hope it does not.

Don't be too surprised if we didn't. I sense your frustration and desperacy there.

I respect Pakistan's stand and they deserve an apology and more for the prices paid and still paying for its efforts to safeguard both International and regional security.

To elaborate on the thing about terrorism being the reason for sanctions, but they won't happen as long as nato supply route is being given, doesn't this show the real idiocy of WoT lies with Nato?

It is essentially like saying "Keep on doing terrorism, as long as you let our Nato supply route open"... Amazing, this mindset will win the war against Terrorism?

The US has admitted that not a single shred of evidence exists that implicates Pakistan. But they are frustrated.

So far. But watch what Hillary Clinton is saying these days, specially with regards to AAZ and HS.

To elaborate on the thing about terrorism being the reason for sanctions, but they won't happen as long as nato supply route is being given, doesn't this show the real idiocy of WoT lies with Nato?

It is essentially like saying "Keep on doing terrorism, as long as you let our Nato supply route open"... Amazing, this mindset will win the war against Terrorism?

It is a matter of being perceived as an ally or an adversary, that is all. What should Pakistan be doing to be seen as a part of the solution, and not a part of the problem, is the important consideration.

Don't be too surprised if we didn't. I sense your frustration and desperacy there.

I respect Pakistan's stand and they deserve an apology and more for the prices paid and still paying for its efforts to safeguard both International and regional security.
Sanctions is not a military solution that you will not support, the lack of oil and other aids will strangle the Pakistani economy further.. China can only do a little to help, frankly if US goes the sanctions way CHina cant do much..

Don't be too surprised if China participates in sanctions, should it come to that, which I hope it does not.

VC - You are at it again. If you want to be the unofficial voice of the incredible US but dont be the voice of the China too. Historically when the times have been tough - they have held their hand up and supported us and granted like any nation they will look after their own interests first - they wont sit by the sideline contrary to your belief - history has shown this and im certain they would step forward. I have more respect and faith in their support than i could ever have with the USA.

.............. granted like any nation they will look after their own interests first ............

That is all I said, nothing more.

Don't you think China's possible response will be part of the calculation that goes into sanctions, if they are imposed, and steps incorporated to align that with the overall goals?

So far. But watch what Hillary Clinton is saying these days, specially with regards to AAZ and HS..
She will say this when she is in India, no surprise there.

The US has slowly started to release prisoners from it's prisoners through a deal with the Taliban. Double crossing no?

Back
Top Bottom