What's new

Pakistan to face economic sanctions if doesn't open NATO routes

Look at the timeline. Pakistan was made in 1947, our agreed assets including economical (factories etc) and military (artillery, tanks, even ammunition) was kept by India. Pakistan only got one iron old iron factory. The economy was in brittle state, no one believed we would survive.

Then came the breakout of war with India, over Kashmir. Another blow in weak economy and international pressure grew. The same happened in 65 and 71. When Pakistan started it's nuclear development, there were political and financials crisis. And they grew after the detonation on May 28 and May 30. Yet we survived them all.

What will US do now? Stop the aid, in other words, renting out our politicians? Good. That is what we urgently want. You ought to pay for what you did at Salala. Must have thought of it before the brutal murders.

We've withstood coaxing and we've withstood intimidation, if we stick with this issue for a little longer, we can achieve our national objectives. Just hold on a little longer!

I think American sanctions would be good for Pakistan. China and Iran not only border us but would trade with us. It would assist in making us more self reliant. After the sanctions in the nineties the following ten years we started producing JF17 Al khaid etc............

I am sure that the Paksitani leadership will take into account just how good sanctions will be for Pakistan as you have mentioned before decided on a course of action, which, of course, will be evident soon enough.

We've withstood coaxing and we've withstood intimidation, if we stick with this issue for a little longer, we can achieve our national objectives. Just hold on a little longer!

It depends on what it takes to "hold out" and what a "little longer" means in terms of the calendar.

I am sure that the Paksitani leadership will take into account just how good sanctions will be for Pakistan as you have mentioned before decided on a course of action, which, of course, will be evident soon enough.

Well routes didn't reopen within 30 days so. You said the same then remember?

Some on here would be wise not to forget America is not Allah all mighty

Well routes didn't reopen within 30 days so. You said the same then remember?

Yes I did, grossly underestimating the short-sighted of Pakistan, as I have mentioned before.

BTW, petty name-calling by a TT above just goes to show the level of their thinking as a symbol of what passes for critical thought in Pakistan these days, and thus I may need to re-calibrate evaluation of what to expect.

A 30 day closure would have made the point and yet avoided confrontation. Now the more adversarial nature of the relationship poses risks of deteriorating further. No skin off my back.

It depends on what it takes to "hold out" and what a "little longer" means in terms of the calendar.

Honestly speaking, the NATO supply cut aren't really hurting Pakistan(yet), so we can stick with it in order to secure more favourable terms for us.

Off-Topic:I have benefited greatly from the NATO supply in the past. I bought a multiple tool kit with 48 screwdriver heads and 8 wrench heads for PKR350 and two Ray ban Avaiators for PKR400 each! Afghans nick these off the NATO trucks and sell them cheap at Sitara Market.

BTW, petty name-calling by a TT above just goes to show the level of their thinking as a symbol of what passes for critical thought in Pakistan these days, and thus I may need to re-calibrate evaluation of what to expect.

I'm the only TT on this page but I can't find a post where I actually called anyone names....

Why? Do you not care what happens to Pakistan?

I was referring to your repeated reminders for my wrong prediction that really do not add much to a discussion, not whether I care about Pakistan.

It is no skin off my back for being wrong in my prediction due to the reasons I have mentioned.

Oh come on Cheng get off this fixation on TT. People all around the world make derogatory comments about politicians what is the big deal? Most PPP ministers deserve the description Dev applied

I was referring to your repeated reminders for my wrong prediction that really do not add much to a discussion, not whether I care about Pakistan.

It is no skin off my back for being wrong in my prediction due to the reasons I have mentioned.

they say when talking about investment that past performance is no guarantee of future performance but can be taken as an indication of future performance. That was the analogy that I was applying to your predictions now.

Oh come on Cheng get off this fixation on TT. People all around the world make derogatory comments about politicians what is the big deal? Most PPP ministers deserve the description Dev applied

I have no problem with the TT, except who do you think he was calling an idiot and a chamcha in his post above? The sad part is there in no point in reporting such personally derogatory comments, since most Mods and Admin are in the same camp.

they say when talking about investment that past performance is no guarantee of future performance but can be taken as an indication of performance. That was the analogy that I was applying to your predictions now.

Whatever.

====================================================

Back to the topic:

I have said this before and will say this again: Pakistan's economy cannot cash the checks its leadership is trying to write with the NATO blockade.

Politicians who advocate capitulation to foreign demands deserve to be called far worse.

Do you really want me to dig up the incredibly nasty names and personal insults you routinely hurl at Agnostic Muslim and others on this forum?

Do you wonder why most senior members ignore your posts full of predictable platitudes?

As for nasty names, here's one just for you: I learned long ago not to bother with self-styled martyrs. All they ever do is to provoke people to get a reaction, so they can run to mommy and say "look, everybody's being mean to me". It's not worth my bother to feed their martyrdom addiction.

I have no problem with the TT, except who do you think he was calling an idiot and a chamcha in his post above?

Good Lord! Your self-obsessed narcissism is out of this world! I specifically mentioned the PPP government.

I have no problem with the TT, except who do you think he was calling an idiot and a chamcha in his post above? The sad part is there in no point in reporting such personally derogatory comments, since most Mods and Admin are in the same camp.

I didn't think he was referring to you I thought he was referring to the politician. Who I also think is pandering to his love for Americans rather than the people he was elected to represent

Back to the topic:

I have said this before and will say this again: Pakistan's economy cannot cash the checks its leadership is trying to write with the NATO blockade.

You seem to be suggesting that without American aid Pakistan will not survive. Surely this is not what you are suggesting or is it?

Politicians who advocate capitulation to foreign demands deserve to be called far worse.............

It is not a matter of capitulation. Do you really think Pakistan's economy can withstand sanctions? Is the continued closure of supply routes worth that much in terms of principle?

You seem to be suggesting that without American aid Pakistan will not survive. Surely this is not what you are suggesting or is it?

It is not survival I am referring to, merely the fact that the Pakistan economy cannot withstand a further shock in its present weak state.

It is not a matter of capitulation. Do you really think Pakistan's economy can withstand sanctions? Is the continued closure of supply routes worth that much in terms of principle?

That is a very simplistic way to look at things. Transit routes can be provided by Russians Iranians and Pakistan. America can not under these circumstances force it's vision for the neighbourhood that none of the surrounding countries want.

It is not survival I am referring to, merely the fact that the Pakistan economy cannot withstand a further shock in its present weak state.

I refer you to:

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day; teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime.

Back
Top Bottom