What's new

Pakistan to emerge as major bike maker in years ahead

Adventure Bikers here travel from Mumbai to Leh and Back on these bikes . There are all kind of weather conditions in between from dessert to Snow to Black Ice etc
IMG_7177.jpg

Bajaj Pulsar...Been there, done that. :)

Meanwhile I am having a nervous breakdown ......

390 cc single

44 PS peak power

35 Nm torque

139 kilos

Approximately 2-2.25 lacs

Coming Q1 2013.

Dont think would be a hit in India except in certain urban centers. We dont have that quality roads to exploit these beasts..meanwhile the Duke 200 is running into 6 month long waiting lists :)

Dont think would be a hit in India except in certain urban centers. We dont have that quality roads to exploit these beasts..meanwhile the Duke 200 is running into 6 month long waiting lists :)

I am least bothered whether it is a hit or not bro.

As long as they make one and I get to buy it! :)

I am least bothered whether it is a hit or not bro.

As long as they make one and I get to buy it! :)

LOL but spares would be a pain in the rear if the production gets discontinued...

LOL but spares would be a pain in the rear if the production gets discontinued...

I live in Pune bro. And know most of the Bajaj bigwigs personally.

If there is a problem, it will be taken care of.

I used to have a KB100 RTZ.

Got spares for it 10 years after it was discontinued.

Bajaj will never go into a product unless it sees the numbers.

With the 390, a lot of Bullet, RD, 2-stroke, Pulsar 220, Ninja, CBR, R15, Apache, Karizma, etc. crowd will migrate.

Pricing will be key of course.

Man can you just IMAGINE?

A bike weighing 140 kilos belting out 12 bhp more than a RD 350 HT ????

I am getting goosebumps just typing this ........

84106_1342862075.jpg

Always wanted to own one of these bad-*****..but my dad thought it was too dangerous for his only son to ride that and got me this instead lol

N72cam1057-1.jpg

Still it was good and has served me well for over 5 years :)

I live in Pune bro. And know most of the Bajaj bigwigs personally.

If there is a problem, it will be taken care of.

Doc, I may be unaware, but how is KTM related to Bajaj ?

Doc, I may be unaware, but how is KTM related to Bajaj ?

Bajaj own a controlling interest in KTM (and its subsidiary companies like WP suspension and Akrapovic exhausts).

These bikes are being designed, tested, and manufactured right here in Pune at their Chakan plant.

And are being sold in Europe and Australia and soon the US (as well as many other countries like SE Asia, Gulf, Brazil, Africa, etc.) - at a much higher cost (in dollars or pounds).

To give you an example - the Duke 200 which we now get for 1.5 lac Indian rupees is being sold for over 3.5 lac rupees abroad.

KTMs are expensive bikes. Like BMWs and Ducatis.

N72cam1057-1.jpg

Still it was good and has served me well for over 5 years :)

that's my bike......pulsar rocks ..bought in 2003 still holding strong....Planning to buy Thunderbird in March
12thunderbird-500-1.jpg

but won't sell pulsar..too much of emotional attachment.....it made my college life memorable;)
One look at it ..& it brings smile on my face:smitten:

We in india back in the early 90s used have such bikes.
Pakistanis don't tire boasting that most of miliarty stuff from missiles to fighter planes are highly indigenous and are way more sophisticated that their Indian counterparts. But when it comes to designing simple stuff like motor cycle or may be rail engine they fall flat.

USD 800 thats roughly INR 42000 now thats way too much for a 70cc 2 stoke bike in India u can easily get a decent 100cc 4 stoke bike with alloy wheels n electric start for near about the same amount...:woot:

All i can say that Japs r looting Pak by selling 70s bike at 2012 prices...:hang3:

Bajaj Discover 100 Price in India on Nov 11, 2012 | Bajaj Discover Review & Specfications | PriceDekho India

Sometimes i don't understand why isn't the domestic industry in Pak progressing i mean even BD is manufacturing its own bike although they still import the engines from Chinese n Japs but atleast they r progressing even though there GDP is nearly half of urs with near about same population n less developed basic industrial base like Iron n Steel....:what:
stupid u r comparing honda with an indian domestic company, its obvious that the domestic products r not costly in the market. if u like to compare then compare the Atlas honda with Hero honda.

Pakistani Motorcycles are piece of ****.... no comparsion with Indian Motorcycles. Indian Motoz far far better in quality and loaded with great technology....

Dude there was my friend like u he was also very impressed by the indian bikes n their designs. One day he decided to leave for their country to purchase their bikes he wanted a 150 cc n 125cc in 2008. u know he got his visa for a month n just came back in 2 weeks time empty handed. On asking why did he came back so soon without a bike, then what he told was a shocker that their bikes only look good in design n their adds but in reality the r even more obsolete then ours in those 2 weeks he he searched for the quality of bikes better then Pak in Dehli but still failed to even have found a bike even in per in quality with their Pak counterparts. He was so much disappointed then he came back 2 weeks before his trip to have came to an end.
Bro this is the reality of the quality of the indian products in their own country n the reason why indians like them or think their products best is because of patriotism n they have been deprived by their gov from a better quality international products in the hope of developing their local industry. They have allowed the foreign investment in their country as late as in 1992, so since 1947 to 1992 their industry n the habit of the local people is developed upon those obsolete products from their own local industry as they had no international competition in their domestic market right from the start which would have hoped for them to have a better product quality wise in their local markets.
So after 1992 n just after 20 years in 2012 their psyche in their country has been developed like that so even since 1992 the international companies in the hope to expand their business in the ''big'' indian market (which the GOI has very protective rules for its local industry against foreign companies n they face many hurdles there) have started in the local way by understanding the local psyche n standards for products n their quality ie more publicity then quality. thats why we c in their channels that most expensive. modern n wonderful (with bollywood stars) adds r of those who r international companies trying to sell the same product that their local industry also sells n they now sell them with in their standards not by the international standards in which they have to sell the same product in the EU, america, Japan, South Korea etc.
Here in Pak as we had opened our market in the early times for foreign investment with out much restrictions so the companies invested right from the start as time passed they introduced the better quality products because the one who were competing were not the domestic companies who dont have much experience other then of their own country as like in india. so there we had actually enjoyed the better quality that may not look beautiful or attractive. another example of the old investment in our country by other s is of this Atlas Honda company who has its oldest joint venture of its Honda company's history that now they are saying that their production will soon hit 1 million in a country of just 180 million people. Its by far a remarkable achievement then anyone else.

stupid u r comparing honda with an indian domestic company, its obvious that the domestic products r not costly in the market. if u like to compare then compare the Atlas honda with Hero honda.

Honda and Bajaj compete with each other not only in India but in ASEAN region and Latin america also when it comes to sub 500 cc motorcycles.. You probably don know that those countries import Indian bikes in great numbers and bajaj have opened manufacturing plants in Peru and Indonesia to meet their demand..

Dude there was my friend like u he was also very impressed by the indian bikes n their designs. One day he decided to leave for their country to purchase their bikes he wanted a 150 cc n 125cc in 2008. u know he got his visa for a month n just came back in 2 weeks time empty handed. On asking why did he came back so soon without a bike, then what he told was a shocker that their bikes only look good in design n their adds but in reality the r even more obsolete then ours in those 2 weeks he he searched for the quality of bikes better then Pak in Dehli but still failed to even have found a bike even in per in quality with their Pak counterparts. He was so much disappointed then he came back 2 weeks before his trip to have came to an end.
Bro this is the reality of the quality of the indian products in their own country n the reason why indians like them or think their products best is because of patriotism n they have been deprived by their gov from a better quality international products in the hope of developing their local industry. They have allowed the foreign investment in their country as late as in 1992, so since 1947 to 1992 their industry n the habit of the local people is developed upon those obsolete products from their own local industry as they had no international competition in their domestic market right from the start which would have hoped for them to have a better product quality wise in their local markets.
So after 1992 n just after 20 years in 2012 their psyche in their country has been developed like that so even since 1992 the international companies in the hope to expand their business in the ''big'' indian market (which the GOI has very protective rules for its local industry against foreign companies n they face many hurdles there) have started in the local way by understanding the local psyche n standards for products n their quality ie more publicity then quality. thats why we c in their channels that most expensive. modern n wonderful (with bollywood stars) adds r of those who r international companies trying to sell the same product that their local industry also sells n they now sell them with in their standards not by the international standards in which they have to sell the same product in the EU, america, Japan, South Korea etc.
Here in Pak as we had opened our market in the early times for foreign investment with out much restrictions so the companies invested right from the start as time passed they introduced the better quality products because the one who were competing were not the domestic companies who dont have much experience other then of their own country as like in india. so there we had actually enjoyed the better quality that may not look beautiful or attractive. another example of the old investment in our country by other s is of this Atlas Honda company who has its oldest joint venture of its Honda company's history that now they are saying that their production will soon hit 1 million in a country of just 180 million people. Its by far a remarkable achievement then anyone else.

Thanks for the lecture sir. :rofl:

Sad but true, Pakistani bikes have better quality and are technically more advanced than Indian bikes.Waiting for Metro Dabang 70cc to hit the Indian market :cheers:

Metro%2BDabang%2BBike%2BPrice%2Bin%2BPakistan%2B2013.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom