What's new

Pakistan to deport Afghan refugees

Pak okays quota for 2000 Afghan students
By: Farzana Shah | Published: July 24, 2010

PESHAWAR - To support Afghans in the fields of education and health, the Government of Pakistan has approved quota for 2000 Afghan students in the educational institutes across the country.

According to the Ministry of SAFRON sources, the government announced to issue visas to Afghans within 24 hours for travelling to Pakistan for medical treatment.

It has also been announced that work permits will be given to those Afghan nationals staying in Pakistan illegally.

Under the quota for Afghan students, they will be given admissions to schools, colleges and universities respectively in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa as well as other provinces of Pakistan from the next year.

In this connection, the government has already issued the instructions to the educational institutes across the country.

The government has also started collecting details of millions of Afghans who either are staying illegally in Pakistan or voluntarily accepted to go back to their homeland. According to a rough estimate, about 1.7 million Afghans are being issued biometric Proof of Registration (PoR) cards by National Database and Registration Authority (NADRA) whereas the cards issued earlier will be renewed and the process will be completed by 2012 after which the repatriation of Afghans will be started, according to sources.

About 85,000 Afghans have been repatriated to their country till July 21,
whereas the remaining those whose registration has not been done will be registered as per order of the government.
Meanwhile to promote healthy activities among the youth as a measure to stop the activities of terrorism, the government of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa has been asked to implement two percent sports quota in the educational institutes of the province in accordance with the orders of Prime Minister Yousaf Raza Gilani.
The directives have been issued from the Prime Minster’s Secretariat following a report stating that until now the sports quota has not been implemented in the educational institutes of the country.
However, when this scribe contacted the education department officials in this regard, they argued that no formal official announcement had been made for its implementation.
This news was published in print paper. To access the complete paper of this day. click here

Pak okays quota for 2000 Afghan students | Pakistan | News | Newspaper | Daily | English | Online

U know its just one sided favour .We keep doing them favours and favours and in return they hate us more and more .
We gave refuge to them in time of War and wht are we getting in return .We are trying to compensate them but alas they are not recognizing our efforts. and keeping their fingers toward Pakistan as if we have done nothing for them.

Bro i guess u should read a hadees of Rasool Allah(PBUH) that "u have to care about ur neighbor ....even they might have right in ur property too"...The meaning is coming like that if im not mistaken....
they r our Muslim brotherz they sacrificed their land and lives for peace two times once with soviets and second now...we have no right to throw them out ....If we didnt care about them now ...u know what will happen from Allah to us...we will be thrown out of our land and we dont want it to happen ...so we gotta fear god...
Please note one thing ; the afghan pplz who say bad about Pakistan dont want Islam and in fact internally they are not even Muslims(or are communist) most of them and their number is small...but other than that all Afghans love Pakistan and never think of doing anything against Pakistan.I'm taking side with these Afghans who want Islam and thinks Pakistan is their second country.
No matter how they r, they r our brothers who luv Pakistan.....If any of them make problemz punish them....After all inshallah Afghanistan will join Pakistan soon to become one nation and these Afghani brotherz are going to do that...These Afghani brotherz are going to create unity among the Muslim Ummah at last...so be patient and watch the game...:woot:
Please note that before British in India we were one country and Inshallah this will happen again as one country
U know they r the real saviour of Pakistan and Islam...Pplz have seen dreams about them that what sacrifices they did for Islam and saved us from evil powerz and Allah(SBWT) help is with them...
:coffee:
my 2 cents bro..
:pakistan::pdf:

Last edited:
Rohail:

It is a very complicated situation - you must try and understand the many complications faced by Afghans - if they say they have fond memories of Pakistan and Pakistanis, they are labeled spies, if they say they don't like Pakistan and Pakistanis, they will be thought of as Namak haram -- it is really very complicated and we can be patient - if you call someone your brother then you must act toward them as a brother - these not the best of times for Afghans, regardless of where they are - remember Afghan is not only a nationality but also an ethnicity, particularly in reference to Pashtun -- don't get me wrong, Pakistanis have not had it easy either, but in this complicated situation when hostile powers are bent on creating divisions so that these can be exploited, we should keep our calm -- remember, persons are being repatriated - it is illegal and immoral and unethical, to deport persons who are by all standards Pakistani.

Sorry for sounding preachy but a little patience.

Quite sad this - innocent people, and the majority of these refugees are innocent and wish no one any harm, do not deserve this.

They do not deserve being made destitute and homeless - they do not deserve moving their children from one camp to another, scraping and begging an existence. What future do those children have? What is their present like?

This is just utterly shameful and heart wrenching.

these people have suffered a lot despite all our complaints
they are our brothers and have added to the diversity and colour to our cities

we can easily ignore the idiot leadership of Northern alliance.
the peaceful & hard working Afghan brothers shouldnt be blamed & made to suffer because of Gen Fahim & Abdula Abdula who blame ISI even if they have stomach Ulcer or Diarrhoea.

for me the glass is half full. Afghans enriched our culture
Afghan brothers are hard working people & very loving & very part of our society. (evils of Afghan war and resulting kalshenkov heroine & secterianism is not entirely their fault).

any decision to repatriate these refugees back to their homeland should be done in the most dignified & humane way

Last edited:
You can bet yourself all the innocent people deported, from within them, those are capable of fighting will be welcomed by opened arms and incentives by the Taliban in a province that is already awash with fighters.

I really think that the government of Pakistan should have at least provided a repatriation grant so that the a level of sustanance was provided and the GoP image was presented in positive light as no one likes to have their homes/shelters being demolished at a moments notice and being left in the middle of nowhere the next day.

These people will be open to abuse and exploitation. This cannot be a good move and I fail to see the wisdom behind it. Collective punishment never works and always backfires.

You can bet yourself all the innocent people deported, from within them, those are capable of fighting will be welcomed by opened arms and incentives by the Taliban in a province that is already awash with fighters.

I really think that the government of Pakistan should have at least provided a repatriation grant so that the a level of sustanance was provided and the GoP image was presented in positive light as no one likes to have their homes/shelters being demolished at a moments notice and being left in the middle of nowhere the next day.

These people will be open to abuse and exploitation. This cannot be a good move and I fail to see the wisdom behind it. Collective punishment never works and always backfires.

Commenting without reading is a dangerous thing Musafar.

Those who are repatriated since long have been given financial assistance along with food and other necessary items.

Again the problem is many get the financial assistance go to the border cross it on govt provided trucks and come back again.

The situation in Afghanistan is still not favourable and many to come back due to that as well.

NOTE: Only those are repatriated who volunteer to go back

Ppl i know its just complicated and i dont want Afghanis to get out of Pakistan .
I just want tht people of Afghanistan should understand tht we (People of Pakistan) are not their enemy but their friend.We are helping them with what ever we can and we will continue it . all we need is acknowledgment from there side .

Ppl i know its just complicated and i dont want Afghanis to get out of Pakistan .
I just want tht people of Afghanistan should understand tht we (People of Pakistan) are not their enemy but their friend.We are helping them with what ever we can and we will continue it . all we need is acknowledgment from there side .

Let that leave to the people. No need to be sentimental. There are many who have own political goals on all sides but trust me the ordinary people are not hateful and one more thing NO one likes lives in another country out of free will as refugees.

are you kidding, many afghans are ghaddars, and they curse on pakistan and they love afghanistan!!!!! they are ungrateful scum

what about their parents, if the born once gonna stay, then their parents certainly should, so in this way, no afghan can be deported

You cannot judge actions by a small group of people and blame the whole community. All those that were born in Pakistan are Pakistani citizens. All who lived in Pakistan for more than 10 years should have the opportunity to apply for Pakistani citizenship. The parents and siblings of these Pakistani citizens can also apply to settle in Pakistan. You have more in common with right-wing anti-immigration parties in Europe.

Commenting without reading is a dangerous thing Musafar.

Those who are repatriated since long have been given financial assistance along with food and other necessary items.

Again the problem is many get the financial assistance go to the border cross it on govt provided trucks and come back again.

The situation in Afghanistan is still not favourable and many to come back due to that as well.

NOTE: Only those are repatriated who volunteer to go back

I think you need to re-read the article. I couldn't find anywhere where it states these 50,000 would be offered grants? Can you? Otherwise I suggest you take your own advice.

In the past yes - grants have been offered by the UNHCR for *voluntary* repatriation. This particular case is a *forced* eviction.

There's a subtle difference.

Well if they want to come to Pakistan for educational purposes or for jobs thats fine. But there are a lot of afghans out there who have lived in Pakistan and then move to like Europe/US/ Canada and then abuse Pakistan and curse it. I mean we have so many of our own problems and these afghan refugees just add on more problems.

I think you need to re-read the article. I couldn't find anywhere where it states these 50,000 would be offered grants? Can you? Otherwise I suggest you take your own advice.

In the past yes - grants have been offered by the UNHCR for *voluntary* repatriation. This particular case is a *forced* eviction.

There's a subtle difference.

Sir i dont need to read that news from 2008 again because at that time in 2008 Bajaur was in a mess and there was massive operation going on and these 50,000 refugees were asked to leave Bajaur amid a major military offensive against al-Qaeda and Taliban.

They were NOT repatriated to Afghanistan in the first place rather they find their way into other parts of Pakistan hence there was NO question of compensation of financial aid which is fixed for repatriation.

The compensation and financial aid is sill provided to those who are repatriating

They have every right to love their country and also curse any country just like you are cursing their country and them

NOW just SHUT UP when you do not have any grasp over the things you do not know.

Thousands of them are born and raised here in Pakistan for the last over 30 years and by international laws they are now Pakistanis.

On another note silly comments from silly people are making it worst whereas the Govt here is taking some solid steps.

I have reported last week that Govt approved educational quota for futher 2000 Afghan students which is in addition to earlier 6000 besides all those who unregistered Afghans in Pakistan will be issued work permits.

:tup:

look im not gonna fight with u, but just to say, u dont have any right to say to me shut up, or i dont know about anything, the same jufgemental comments can be reciprocated in the same manner..

and yaah i know a lot about afghan refujees, unlike lahore, islamabad, we karachites have quite a share of these refugee scums here, and its because of these people, our karachi is becoming a tribal area day by day, thank you if u dont deport them to peshawar, but these mafia parties should be deported from karachi atleast.. they have turned al asif square and now rabia city their tribal land..

Al Asif- Life on Karachi's Frontline - Images | Alixandra Fazzina

some dude from peshawar told me that before these afghans, peshawar was a very decent city, the people could go out at night, but today because of these people, peshawar has become very unsfae..

i see some people dont agree with deporting these afghans and on the other hand they support musharraf policies, and curse zia for his bad policies to admit them here in the first place..

smuggling has become intensive due to afghani smugglers..

Back
Top Bottom