What's new

Pakistan to Deploy Armed Drones for CPEC Protection

Late but still good move, Pakistan should deploy MALE / HALE UAVS / UCAVS to protect border even if it have to be purchased off the shelves from China or any other country.

Late but still good move, Pakistan should deploy MALE / HALE UAVS / UCAVS to protect border even if it have to be purchased off the shelves from China or any other country.

They should as it will a safeguard Pakistani long boarder with iran and Afghanistan as well as saftey for future economic hub
It will be Right decision on right time if it get approved

First thing which crossed my mind. The drones will help enormously in the surveillance of the porous border regions. This idea has been floating around for many years. It seems that Pakistani armed drones have now matured to a point that the armed forces have the confidence to deploy them in larger numbers. Especially considering that we used an armed drone last year to successfully attack terrorists in the tribal areas. This is excellent news and I sincerely hope we can deploy these drones along the Afghan border as well. This would put an end to terrorists infiltrating from difficult terrain into Pakistan. It is also a very good decision to deploy the armed drones to protect CPEC assets.

Last edited:
First thing which crossed my mind. The drones will help enormously in the surveillance of the enormous border regions. This idea has been floating around for many years. It seems that Pakistani armed drones have now matured to a point that the armed forces have the confidence to deploy them in larger numbers. Especially considering that we used an armed drone last year to successfully attack terrorists in the tribal areas. This is excellent news and I sincerely hope we can deploy these drones along the Afghan border as well. This would put an end to terrorists infiltrating from difficult areas.
Yp we are in good warfare formation to tackle them with drones other then patrolling or ambush !it will be cheaper and accurate to target and surveillance of rats hideouts

Yp we are in good warfare formation to tackle them with drones other then patrolling or ambush !it will be cheaper and accurate to target and surveillance of rats hideouts

Exactly. You need a quick response time to target the terrorists in case of an attack. Thus far, our intelligence units have done an excellent job in tackling terror attacks. The armed drones will add an additional layer of offensive capability. One that will provide the ability to monitor 24x7 and rapidly strike in a moments notice.

19626_886113371449966_5219888403974778220_n (1).jpg

Exactly. You need a quick response time to target the terrorists in case of an attack. Thus far, our intelligence units have done an excellent job in tackling terror attacks. The armed drones will add an additional layer of offensive capability. One that will provide the ability to monitor 24x7 and rapidly strike in a moments notice.
And less folks will be required for operations and ground deployment of pak army jawans
Two folks required to monitor drone so ..

Haha much matching!
I think they will have no choice other then leaving hideouts and moving to cross boarder for life saftey, like next to mulla radio lol

Some areas of Balochistan are now the last foot hold of likes of TTP, Baloch insurgents, LeJ and there had been reports that all these goons are being shifted to mountains/forests of Balochistan by hostile agencies so as to mainly interrupt CPEC. That is why FC Balochistan has been digging trenches along the Afghan border and next move is to fence the border with Afghanistan as to deny them easy movement across the border.

Much needed. They need some drones at the Pak-Afghan border too. They don't even need to be armed. This was overdue I would have sent drones to keep watch on Day 1.

We need long endurance surveillance drones to monitor the ridiculously long border with Iran and Afghanistan. This "open" border causes majority of our national and international problems. The real investment will have to be in sensor packages and powerplants.

Arming the drone is something we have already demonstrated. It is not like we will have targets in the hundreds. Once a HALE identifies a target an armed Burraq can be launched to take it out if necessary. In the future the HALE itself may be armed.

I believe (and hope) the Wing Loong we accidentally revealed to have been testing, was for precisely this purpose (albeit medium altitude). We badly need something which fulfills this role:
UAV.png

I was wondering one thing for a long time...and i know here are many experts...so just wanted the opinion about this thought that
we have seen all the armed drones carry missile....why don't they carry machine guns too..i mean drone is an aircraft after all...and particularly when we are talking about border security....i think machine gun must be an essential part of the drones too
the reason is....imagine if some 100 terrorists(TTP has tried in such numbers to cross the border in past) are crossing the border..and drone with only 2-4 missiles is patrolling there..it can never be able to neutralise all of them...especially in a area full of mountains...in this case..yes missiles can do the initial damage but machine gun will be handy to pick the targets hiding or trying to flee ....
and also its not always they will be crossing in huge numbers...the second case is .it may be one vehicle crossing over...n i assume that machine gun is powerful enough to stop a vehicle like car or jeep..and machine gun will also be quite cheaper than a missile

Back
Top Bottom