What's new

Pakistan to build radar for JF-17 'Thunder' fighter

Status
Not open for further replies.
well is this radar is better than tejas radar and what happened about AESA radar for JF 17

I dont know about it whether its better or not but this for sure that AESA radars will be fitted in blockII (stealthy)of jft means PAF needs 250 jfts and 2nd or 3rd bach will be equipped with AESA 100 wil be with klj-7 radar later the block-II will be wit AESA(because of stealthy features).
source:PAF Falcons - PAF s' Specials - Air Show Reports - JF-17 Thunder at Farnborough Air Show 2010

I dont know about it whether its better or not but this for sure that AESA radars will be fitted in blockII (stealthy)of jft means PAF needs 250 jfts and 2nd or 3rd bach will be equipped with AESA 100 wil be with klj-7 radar later the block-II will be wit AESA(because of stealthy features).
source:PAF Falcons - PAF s' Specials - Air Show Reports - JF-17 Thunder at Farnborough Air Show 2010
Dude,whats the rate of production of jf-17?.for tejas it is 12 per year(mechanised production hasn't started yet)

Dude,whats the rate of production of jf-17?.for tejas it is 12 per year(mechanised production hasn't started yet)

2 new production lines have opened..... But again Su 30 MKI keep 60% of the HAL's production capacity engaged

2 new production lines have opened..... But again Su 30 MKI keep 60% of the HAL's production capacity engaged
But mechanised production will comence only after foc. How to start a new thread.?

---------- Post added at 06:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:09 PM ----------

not only sukhoi 30,hal has bae hawks ,sittaras etc

Nabil, you have stated not so long ago that they were having difficulty increasing the throughput of the factories beyond 14-15 aircraft a year. Were you talking about the PAC production lines?

Does anyone have a link on his claim of 3 aircraft per month? Or the 'increased to 4' part?
Or are these speculations based how many 'you think' are being made?

Hi, in the link it is mentioned the number of production docks will increase from 4 to 6. It also mentions 25 planes this year, but not more. Who knows if production will increase beyond 25 per year. Each JF-17 Block comprises a batch of 50 planes. Personally I think it would make sense to keep production to 25 per year, so new block aircraft are generated every 2 years. This would allow for new technology to be incorporated and digested.

PAF Wants More Chinese Systems ~ ASIAN DEFENCE NEWS

just curious, each production lines (total 4 lines) produce 1 jet, right? we will achieve 50 JFT end of this year?

just curious, each production lines (total 4 lines) produce 1 jet, right? we will achieve 50 JFT end of this year?

check out the 4 seperate planes

Last edited by a moderator:

check out the 4 seperate planes

I can show you dhruv production facility with 12 different choppers. But we're only building 36 a year. 4 planes a month is highly optimistic. I'm not saying it can't be done. (LM used to build 30 F16s a month) But nobody has given me one single credible link confirming this

Last edited by a moderator:
Keep waiting on the link. You might get one better, a picture of 18 jets lined up. Some years later.

But frankly why wait for something that will never be given to you or for which the wait'll be inordinately long. Certain posters here have credibility with us and we know better than to question it. You'll believe only when you see the Thunder in squadron strength over New Delhi:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom