What's new

Pakistan to build radar for JF-17 'Thunder' fighter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gabbar

Reaction score

The chief of staff of the Pakistan Air Force (PAF) has told Jane's that Pakistan has built its first facility to manufacture radars for fighter aircraft.

Air Chief Marshal Rao Qamar Suleman said the indigenously produced radar, built with China's assistance at the Pakistan Aeronautical Complex (PAC), in Kamra, north of Islamabad, would equip the JF-17 'Thunder' fighter aircraft jointly produced by the two countries.

"This is a major step forward. This will be the first such [radar manufacturing] facility in Pakistan," ACM Suleman said in an interview on 21 December at PAF headquarters in Islamabad. He confirmed that the radar would be fitted on the JF-17, which, along with US-supplied F-16 Fighting Falcons, is set to be the PAF's front-line combat aircraft.

Previous reports suggest that the radar to be manufactured will be the Chinese-built CETC/NRIET KLJ-7 radar set. At the 2010 Farnborough Air Show, at which two JF-17s made their debut in the West, Jane's reported that the KLJ-7 had received full marks from the JF-17's designers at PAC.

A PAC programme officer told Jane's : "I have flown with this radar and with other models that we have looked at fitting to this aircraft, such as the Thales RC400, and the Chinese radar is every bit as capable as its contemporary analogs."

Wohooo.

hope the radar will be AESA.

thank TS

that's good ... Thunder flies high INSHALLAH

Great news!
Hope that JF17 becomes he best fighter in its Generation!

news of the day for me... many thanks for sharing

:victory:

great news ..
but question is which type of radar? is it going to be licence production of kLJ-7?

great news ..
but question is which type of radar? is it going to be licence production of kLJ-7?

As per the news it is nt license produced Klj-7.

bt 100% new one..it is nt yet known whether it is AESA or simple one.

read full news you will get it..it is nt license produced Klj-7.

As per the news it is nt license produced Klj-7.

bt 100% new one..it is nt yet known whether it is AESA or simple one.

read full news you will get it..it is nt license produced Klj-7.

If true. its definitely a great achievement.
:pakistan:

The news makes sense as going forward PAC is to manufacture 100% of JFT. So every bit of piece is to be manufactures. It would not be a surprise for me if PAC also goes ahead with WS-13 production

So Klj-7 will be serial produced by PAC for JFT, is it?

Hay Taimi, I still remember your point that JFT was using a radar other than KLJ-7 and redesigned cone also fairly pointed to the fact, is this the same radar that will be produced or KLJ-7?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom