What's new

Pakistan to build radar for JF-17 'Thunder' fighter

Status
Not open for further replies.
^^ by bidding, we are able to evaluate and compare western tech---- maybe this was the aim all along

well is this radar is better than tejas radar and what happened about AESA radar for JF 17

How much this RADAR capable % wise if compared with F16-Blk 52 RADARs??
I mean by range and quality, 70%, 80% ??

As nabeel_05 said on the JFT thread, they're building klj-7 with local sub-components, with increased power and range, for the next batch of 50 aircraft.

Nice, hopefully Pakistan can fully master the technology of the 3rd gen fighter soon. :pakistan:

It is likely to be called the KLJ-7 V2 as it will have an increment in every area from hardware to software. Work is under way and it will be integrated in second batch initial aircrafts. There are plans for an localized AESA variant too that will be based on Chinese AESA being prepared for JFT! With this version, JFT will become the standard fighter for PAF as well as PN aviation and it will replace Mirage 5PA2-3 series.

Iv'e heard that India will not be choosing Dassault Rafale for MMRCA, is it now possible for Pakistan to implement Rafale systems in JF-17 or will it soon be possible after MMRCA, as was being discussed?

Hi, if I were the PAF chief, I would avoid any French stuff. The French already refused or stalled the previous deal, and looking back that was a great thing. China is much more reliable.

i think we will get klj7v(2) unless a good aesa radar is available.
klj7v1 has already a good range that is 85km for 3sqm if it increases 25% (its an estimation) around 105km for 3sqm that means 132km for 5sqm im happy for now but hope in future we have a good aesa radar.

I suggest JF17 basis, design a new fighter aircraft, it should be like F35. because the F16 is out of date.

f16!out of date. wo! ho!!! it might 30yrs old a great punch u.s has f-16 in 1000's yet to be there until f35 full operational sqdrns are there....

if the french give complete tot of aesa radar , then paf might consider , otherwise they have already lost a 40 year client with there shortsightedness.... paf will not be stung twice

if the french give complete tot of aesa radar , then paf might consider , otherwise they have already lost a 40 year client with there shortsightedness.... paf will not be stung twice
As per my information PAF was not looking for RBE2 AESA from France but RC-400 MSA, engines and Some subsystems of Rafale notably Spectra EW suit. The AESA options included Vixen 500, but PAF was actively seeking Vixen 1000 plus a sweedish AESA in development then. Well French do know how to keep evey1 happy. They dont take sides but act like true businessmen. I dont think they have lost PAF as their customer, they can attract PAF in future by offering something above that PAF has\would have then. similarly brazil is another example, they have ventures with both Pakistan and India in millitary

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom