What's new

Pakistan to become 4th largest nation by population in 2050

even that estimated current population is small pakistani population is actually above 180 million nowdays :cheesy:
honestly even pakistanis i know in real life have lots of kids even in my own family all my cousins and relatives in pakistan none of them have less than 3 kids actually most of them have 4 and some 5.

true, even in my family i don't think anybody has less than 3 childrens except one of my uncle who has only 2 childrens

can anyone give a breakdown of the pakistani population in 2050 I am wondering if the hindu/christian population is growing at the same rate as the muslim one what will the pakistani hindu/christian population be in 2050 ? I am interested in minority affairs of pakistan.
good question,

i am interested to know that too but i think there will be hardly any data available for such purposes as even the news mentioned in first post failed to write estimated population of Pakistan by 2050.

I think by percentage they will be somewhat same but very large in population obviously.... in crores (millions)

damn some one control it from were we eat then.no kids policy sshould be done.

Who remembers that mattress ad from the 90's with the song:

Kaam, kaam, kaam, din raat karein ham kaam, jab kam se thak jain to khoob karen araam.

Seems like we do the opposite in Pakistan now, all the kaam is being done on bed.

Control karo yaar.

Damn!!!!! we should impose tax on child birth.. :lol:

Indonesia n sudan have more population then us zaki.

Indonesia has more population indeed

but sudan has low population "Pakistani Nationalist"

Look at this
https://www.cia.gov/library/publica...Sudan&countryCode=su&regionCode=af&rank=29#su

Sudan is ranked at 29 according to CIA Factbook. Sudan has a population of 42 million peoples only whereas Pakistan (177 million), Brazil, Russia, Bangladesh and Nigeria has many times more population than Sudan.

The reason why i believe Pakistan is ranked at number 4 and USA number 3 is:

Pakistan's population: 177 million
Growth Rate: 1.513%

USA population: 310 million
Growth Rate: 0.97%

Indonesia's population: 242 million
Growth rate: 1.10%

Brazil's population: 200 million
Growth rate: 1.17%
Source for growth rate: https://www.cia.gov/library/publica...stan&countryCode=pk&regionCode=sas&rank=81#pk
So apparently Pakistan's growth is higher than other above mentioned countries and can easily surpass Brazil and Indonsia in next 40 years thanks to its high growth rate.

thats exactly what i was saying

If USA has a population of 300 million (third largest country by population) and Pakistan 170 million (5th or 6th)

Then how will Pakistan overtake USA in just 40 years? If childrens in born in Pakistan, so will the children born in USA

Like the newspaper mentioned we will be 4th most populous country in the world then i suppose... then list should look like this

1) India
2) China
3) USA
4) Pakistan
5) Indonesia
6) Brazil/Bangladesh
8) Russia

American population growth is almost exclusively by immigrants coming in.Once the immigration valve is shut off which it will be, American population will stabilize rapidly.

There's a differential birth rate between the Muslim and minority populations in our country. Not very big though, only a minute difference. Will see tomorrow, have to prepare for an exam now.

Indonesia has more population indeed

but sudan has low population "Pakistani Nationalist"

Look at this
https://www.cia.gov/library/publica...Sudan&countryCode=su&regionCode=af&rank=29#su

Sudan is ranked at 29 according to CIA Factbook. Sudan has a population of 42 million peoples only whereas Pakistan (177 million), Brazil, Russia, Bangladesh and Nigeria has many times more population than Sudan.

Source for growth rate: https://www.cia.gov/library/publica...stan&countryCode=pk&regionCode=sas&rank=81#pk
So apparently Pakistan's growth is higher than other above mentioned countries and can easily surpass Brazil and Indonsia in next 40 years thanks to its high growth rate.

Its nothing to be proud about. The population increase is coming from the lowest segments in society and they will be unable to support the education and betterment of their families. The country needs population control more than ever. Even the touch condom song etc it appeals to the middle and upper classes rather than lower classes. We can support our kids anyway. The real issue is the poor who are having 8-9 kids.

This load shedding etc is a problem because we aren't managing our population and it will increase with time. The middle classes and upper classes have taken up to having maximum 3-4 kids. Most are content with 1 or 2. Pakistan is currently 6th largest population wise.

A larger population does not necessarily mean we are stronger. This idea has to be removed from our minds. Look at Japan or South Korea they have a lower population than us and decreasing but their prowess is unmatched in technology and their lifestyle is great. This needs to be our aim. The improvement of enrollment, gdp per capita... not an increase in population.

Its nothing to be proud about. The population increase is coming from the lowest segments in society and they will be unable to support the education and betterment of their families. The country needs population control more than ever. Even the touch condom song etc it appeals to the middle and upper classes rather than lower classes. We can support our kids anyway. The real issue is the poor who are having 8-9 kids.

This load shedding etc is a problem because we aren't managing our population and it will increase with time. The middle classes and upper classes have taken up to having maximum 3-4 kids. Most are content with 1 or 2. Pakistan is currently 6th largest population wise.

A larger population does not necessarily mean we are stronger. This idea has to be removed from our minds. Look at Japan or South Korea they have a lower population than us and decreasing but their prowess is unmatched in technology and their lifestyle is great. This needs to be our aim. The improvement of enrollment, gdp per capita... not an increase in population.

nobody is being proud of this population growth. Its actually a matter of concern for over populated South Asia. All countries with low population are actually more advanced in technology and are economy rich. Take an example of Israel, South Korea and Norway for an instance

good question,

i am interested to know that too but i think there will be hardly any data available for such purposes as even the news mentioned in first post failed to write estimated population of Pakistan by 2050.

I think by percentage they will be somewhat same but very large in population obviously.... in crores (millions)

No I think Percentage wise it will reduce . Because growth rate in muslims in south asia is highest.

Population growth rate doesnt fall rapidly. It is a very slow process all over the world. In fact Pakistan has performed very well since 1991. Reducing the growth rate further will take time, becasue a very big proportion of population is right now in the child bearing age. Once they will grow old, only then will the growth rate will decline further. Of course other factors like education, healthcare etc. need to improve as well.

In most cases, the birth rate decline is connected prosperity and education.Italy, Greece and Ireland had high birth rate in Europe but now they have one of the lowest. South Korea and Japan are also facing population decline. All these countries pass the threshold of prosperity and high education of women. In Pakistan it will take longer than other third world countries.

Back
Top Bottom