What's new

Pakistan to be 20th most powerful economy by 2030: PwC

It is not just population growth and inflation. It is more about population demands, which are a combination of those two factors, plus growth in consumption. Twice as many people using twice as much electricity per head will raise the demand four times, and the costs to deal with such a rise will go up with inflation on top of all that. The 7% figure is a pretty good estimate overall for the economy. Also keep in mind that the rising inequalities of how such growth and resources are distributed within Pakistani society show actively thriving middle and upper classes, where feel-good figures come from, at huge costs to the lower class, which is not adequately reflected in most such reports. For example, despite reduction in poverty, why has the average height of a Pakistani gone down?
Sir for as long as the people are able to spend better life, who hardly cares.

In my area of Pakistan, only 1 out of 10 household were able to afford cars 15 years ago, now I don't know any house in my neighbourhood who doesn't have a car except 2 families, who have motorcycles instead. I know it is not true for rest of Pakistan but the abundance of money is there to be seen. The price of property sky rocketed because there are buyers willing to pay crores of rupees, surely there has been clear dent to poverty everywhere but yeah some people will not believe.

Even if just 10% of people are poor in Pakistan, that's 20 million of population population we are talking about so you will always find examples of poverty but if you talk about as whole, there have been significant improvement in the lifestyle of people. I know it because I lived in Pakistan for about 18 months between 2013-15 and I was pleasantly surprised to see the change in my city.

Sir for as long as the people are able to spend better life, who hardly cares.

In my area of Pakistan, only 1 out of 10 household were able to afford cars 15 years ago, now I don't know any house in my neighbourhood who doesn't have a car except 2 families, who have motorcycles instead. I know it is not true for rest of Pakistan but the abundance of money is there to be seen. The price of property sky rocketed because there are buyers willing to pay crores of rupees, surely there has been clear dent to poverty everywhere but yeah some people will not believe.

Even just 10% of people are poor in Pakistan, 20 million population so you will always find examples of poverty but if you talk about as whole, there have been significant improvement in the lifestyle of people. I know it because I lived in Pakistan for about 18 months between 2013-15 and I was pleasantly surprised to see the change in my city.

What you say is correct. Undoubtedly, the standards of living have improved all over Pakistan in the cities. But, the fundamentals upon which all of what you mention is built are eroding, slowly and steadily. There can be no denying that, either.

What you say is correct. Undoubtedly, the standards of living have improved all over Pakistan in the cities. But, the fundamentals upon which all of what you mention is built are eroding, slowly and steadily. There can be no denying that, either.
In another words, The world is reporting that Pakistan is likely to be become Top 20 economies of the world... Oh my God... We are dooooooooomed :lol:

Peace

In another words, Pakistan is likely to be become Top 20 economies of the world... Oh my God... We are dooooooooomed :lol:

Peace

So if a country in the Top 5 by population has an economy in the Top 20 by 2030, is that really an achievement?

In another words, The world is reporting that Pakistan is likely to be become Top 20 economies of the world... Oh my God... We are dooooooooomed :lol:

Peace
Yaar yeh kamba-khat isolation ka nateeja hai sara.. :lol:

So if a country in the Top 5 by population has an economy in the Top 20 by 2030, is that really an achievement?
of course when you imagine it was at Top 50 just few years ago, now at Top 25 and soon to become Top 20?

of course when you imagine it was at Top 50 just few years ago, now at Top 25 and soon to become Top 20?

Yes, that is progress. But relative to its population, not really.

Yes, that is progress. But relative to its population, not really.
I agree,

Just like China surpassed USA to become world's largest economy in terms of GDP (PPP). They have the world's second largest budget spending power and have overtaken USA in most of the economic indicators. But in proportion to their population its just peanuts as the gdp per capita of China is 6-8 times lower than USA. So what if the Chinese people are able to buy most number of cars in the world, most number of gadgets, most number of luxury products in the world, millions of people are still poor and may not even have toilet in their home?

I agree,

Just like China surpassed USA to become world's largest economy in terms of GDP (PPP). They have the world's second largest budget spending power and have taken USA in most of the economic indicators. But in proportion to their population its just peanuts as the gdp per capita of China is 6-8 times lower than USA. So what if the Chinese people are able to buy most number of cars in the world, most number of gadgets, most number of luxury products in the world, millions of people are still poor and may not even have toilet in their home?

Exactly. I appreciate the great progress that is being made in Pakistan, but one has to keep in mind the ever-increasing population and its needs.

Nope.
Btw there are some 40 million peeps in US of A living in poverty :P

Insha Allah we can go much higher than predicted, We are hard working nation, only we required a good leadership that's all.
I am working with Multi national professionals and I can say proudly that our Nationals are more smarter and hard workers than any other nations.

well forget Pakistan for a second and compare u.s.a and India ....
the report claims that India world surpass her closet partner u.s.a ....surely u.s.a have some kind of realisation of the situation , how would trump administration take relationship with India supposing that India is going to surpass it economically .... Can u.s.a actually need to counter china so badly that in doing so it would be ready to make another economic giant....

I can assure you, even in 2050 US will remain the leading and largest economy worldwide.

Yuan is losing value against the US Dollar
historical.png

China’s yuan tumbles to its lowest in nearly eight years as dollar jumps after US election
http://www.cnbc.com/2016/11/14/chin...r-lows-as-dollar-jumps-after-us-election.html

According to Western analysts like The Conference Board, China's real growth rate was 3,9 percent last year, not 6, 5. https://www.conference-board.org/chinacenter/

This is just one example to show you how speculative such rankings are. Pakistan will rise, that is certain, but I don't believe that Western countries will drop behind newly industrialized countries like Indonesia, Turkey or Russia.

Take the UK. There is a major risk (Brexit) to heavily fall back in economic terms. Such rankings are soothsaying.

Back
Top Bottom