What's new

Pakistan to Apologise for 1971 Killings

good
if it happens it would help improve relations betweem the two countries.
i dont actualy think pakistan is going to give an official apology
though as i said if they do it would b good for both.

Any kind of apology will do if it makes BD people happy and satisfies the ego of Bangladesh Awami League (BAL). I must add that a kind of compromise on this issue must be achieved when this BAL party is in power. Whatever may the language of compropise when BAL is in power, it will not be contested by the BNP leadership.

However, even if the language is more conciliatory from Pakistan side when BNP is in power, BAL will bring out crowds in the streets to protest that. So, I wish a compromise before this BAL term ends. BAL leadership people are very complicated-minded, and difficult to guess and understand, like women (except JANA sister).

I think they should pay Bangladesh for all the damages done and the people they've killed. Just like Germany did(still does).

Pakistan has already apologized, lol some people in Bangladesh slept through it

I hope thats the last time then :angry:
Close this chapter now - almost 4 decades gone now
only if it was so easy to wash the blood stains dried over 4 decades with lux soap.

I hope thats the last time then :angry:
Close this chapter now - almost 4 decades gone now

we haven't closed the chapter of 1947 yet..it been 63 years now..:flame:

I think they should pay Bangladesh for all the damages done and the people they've killed. Just like Germany did(still does).

India should apologize for all the massacres in Kashmir and pay compensation as well! Just like they expect Pakistan.

Pakistan has already apologized, lol some people in Bangladesh slept through it

You mean this?

Gen Musharraf visited a war memorial at Savar, near the capital, Dhaka, and left a handwritten note in the visitors' book.
"Your brothers and sisters in Pakistan share the pain of the events in 1971," he wrote. "The excesses committed during the unfortunate period are regretted. Let us bury the past in the spirit of magnanimity. Let not the light of the future be dimmed."
Later he repeated his regrets at an official banquet in Dhaka. Bangladesh claims that three million people died in the war of 1971 and blames the Pakistani army for countless atrocities.
Musharraf apology to Bangladesh - Telegraph

Its probably understandable if some in Bangladesh consider it inadequate.

only if it was so easy to wash the blood stains dried over 4 decades with lux soap.

Only if our officials were alive to the situation and only if they had the guts to record the events and not cut the communication with the outside world and leaving the field to Dehli for spreading all kinds of lies and concealing Indian State Terrorism.

Anyway i agree with eastwatch

First of all
Pakistanis should be ashamed of them selves, doing this to their muslim bangladeshi brotheren.

Secondly
I am not against Apologizing, but doing it again and again..wtf is this :angry:

Pakistan should not apologize to Bangladesh for anything AGAIN :sick:

After a proper apology, we must forget what happened in the past and keep on going ahead with the greater task of building our two nations. We are separate now. But we have a common history of almost 1000 years, of which we lived 24 years in a single country called Pakistan with two wings separated by another big country, with which also, religion apart, we share a similar common history.

If we see at the map, BD needs Pakistani territory to divert its trades with the central asian muslim countries. It can be achieved even if India does not allow a train/road transit between the two countries. However, if India agrees to a transit, it will also boost Pakistani trade with the ASEAN countries through India and Bangladesh. Pakistan-BD-ASEAN transit will not take more than 10 days. However, a ship may take triple that time.

Karachi and Dhaka Biharis are able to build a strong bond of friendship between the two countries. Bangali, Punjabi or Sindhis do not have people in each other's country, but these Biharis are spread in the two countries. So, they are more capable to strenghtehen the bilateral relationship. So, this problem must also be resolved immediately.

Therefore, apology or what Pakistan must find ways to break the impasse that the two countries are facing now.

Only if our officials were alive to the situation and only if they had the guts to record the events and not cut the communication with the outside world and leaving the field to Dehli for spreading all kinds of lies and concealing Indian State Terrorism.

Anyway i agree with eastwatch
Never sleep at the seat of power there are always chances of falling down.

If we see at the map, BD needs Pakistani territory to divert its trades with the central asian muslim countries. It can be achieved even if India does not allow a train/road transit between the two countries. However, if India agrees to a transit, it will also boost Pakistani trade with the ASEAN countries through India and Bangladesh. Pakistan-BD-ASEAN transit will not take more than 10 days. However, a ship may take triple that time.

Sorry to butt in,but how exactly is that possible ? :undecided:

This issue should be laid to rest once & for all.

Sorry to buttin,but how exactly is that possible ? :undecided:

We can ship our goods destined for the central asian countries to Karachi or Gwaddar in Pakistan, from where it can go on road or rail to the destinations through Afghanistan. However, to get this facility we need a friendly relationship with Pakistan, and the cost of transport will be very high comparing to a direct overland route via India.

On the contrary, if there is no road/rail link between BD and Pak through India, Pakistan does not get the short time and low cost benefit of its trade through BD to the ASEAN countries. In that case, Pakistan will have to do this trade via a long, time consuming and costly sea route, the same as it is now.

Back
Top Bottom