What's new

Pakistan: The undeclared ban on playing music lingers on

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why do you care about what pakistanis do/ban? they could ban living because it is unislamic for all i care...

I don't care to give a reply to a moron,thats all i care...contribute something to this thread,or don't spam with these silly questions..

I don't care to give a reply to a moron,thats all i care...contribute something to this thread,or don't spam with these silly questions..

You seem to have some obsession with pakistanis that you seem to care enough to open a thread about their religious beliefs and music tastes, and you call me a moron :disagree:

You seem to have some obsession with pakistanis that you seem to care enough to open a thread about their religious beliefs and music tastes, and you call me a moron :disagree:

I'm in this forum long enough..you may ask any mod or members here..they'll give you stats on how many threads I opened on Pakistan or how many abuse I did to Pakistanis..I'm not a random troll here..I barely open a thread,and when I open it,its must have some importance..you may try other threads,like on voyager-1,Maldieves Vote,Olympic Sticky thread etc etc and you'll find how much diverse my threads are..

for instance...

http://www.defence.pk/forums/centra...lection-experts-male-ahead-maldives-poll.html

and Pakistan's religious belief???or is it Islamic Belief??if its Islamic belief,then don't give me BS..whole Islamic world flourishes with Music,take our Musilm singers as an example..

Thats why i said,I barely give reply to a moron..contribute something,or else please leave the thread..

The Kashmiri girl band Pragaash was banned from playing in Kashmir recently. The self styled Mufti of Kashmir as well as that lame duck Hurriyat Conference banned them saying it was 'un-Islamic'. They even threatened to kill them!

But these yahoos have nothing to say when another Kashmiri girl Maha Ali Kazmi sings in Pakistan. Double standards? This is total hypocrisy. Here's Maha Ali Kazmi's song that has become a hit!

'Nazar' is Maha Ali Kazmi's first single launched in Pakistan, in August 2013. It is a song about heartache and parting. The music for Nazar has been produced by Farhad Humayun and Sheraz Siddiq, video has been directed by Farhad Humayun. The melody and lyrics are by Haroon Shahid of SYMT.

Now what have the a$$holes who banned Pragaash from Kashmir have to say about her? Do they have the balls to ask Pakistan to ban her as according to them it is 'un-Islamic?

Last edited by a moderator:
don't know what he implied by the word tapa(is it tappa??), rabab(i think its a musical instrument) and mungay,but sure Pashtun has a glorious history in Music...Tappa(if its the same as Indian Tappa) is one of the classical stream which is still in practice in India at large..

Pashto music - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Tappa is old tradition of sub-continent and in Pakistan (Not sure about KPP but in Punjab) it's mostly practiced on weddings

If the music indeed is un-islamic then i guess they are right to ban it... I guess then Mehdi Hassan was just a human being not a Muslim...

First of all music is not allowed in Islam Mr secondly we are seeing the results of promoting these vulgar things in our society the music and movies and dramas and fashion shows which are promoting nothing but sex and is resulting in rise of rapes but above all only thing which matter for Muslim is that it is not allowed in Islam

acha??????

Music is not banned in Pakistan! False article!

Are you sure? What a desperately sad religion, banning all the finer things in life, things that make life worth living.

Yes that is worth is being shown in India in every 30 minutes I am referring to Delhi bus case and other cases like that the west which you are following will make sure life turns hell for you

We are talking about Music and Music only. :)
Yes that is worth is being shown in India in every 30 minutes I am referring to Delhi bus case and other cases like that the west which you are following will make sure life turns hell for you

A Music Freedom Day report from Pakistan – by Sher Alam Shinwari

“There is an undeclared ban on playing music. Artists and singers cannot perform live in Fata, and in settled areas too they are reluctant to perform in open air, for instance at wedding ceremonies, because of fear being attacked by militants. Every moment the sound of music is being choked,” told Tajwali Khan, a music buff in Peshawar.

Pakistan: The undeclared ban on playing music lingers on « Knowledge and news about Artistic Freedom of Expression

Kashmiri girl rocks in Pakistan
First--My intention is not trolling..I came to the news that there is some kind of undeclared ban on song by TTP by the news above..then I dig up the news in the top..is TTP is so much powerful that their diktat left so deep wound in Pakistan's Music Industry???also,"the Punjab lawmakers passed a bill in 2012 banning music concerts in educational institutes"--what kind of ch*tiyagiri is this???

:) who will in his/her right mind want to perform in FATA live in the first place when suicide scum are blowing even mosques.

If Music is 'UnIslamic', why the ban is undeclared????

don't know what he implied by the word tapa(is it tappa??), rabab(i think its a musical instrument) and mungay,but sure Pashtun has a glorious history in Music...Tappa(if its the same as Indian Tappa) is one of the classical stream which is still in practice in India at large..

Pashto music - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

what it has to do with my post???:lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom