What's new

Pakistan - The future ?

Pakistan - The future?

• Total voters
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
The world is slowly moving into regional blocks or supra-states. European Union is great example of this. These tend to first focus on regional trade and then as the countries build common interests and linkages defence structures also evolve to reinforce the trading blocks. European Union and NATO overlap although they are not exactly the same thing. Nevertheless there is no contradiction between NATO and EU membership. If anything both reinforce each other. You can see this how new members of EU in Eastern Europe have also joined NATO like Poland, Latvia etc.

Anyway I was wondering where is Pakistan's destiny. I ask members to look at the map below and I have drawn three potential future blocks.

1 - Central Asia/Iran
2 - South Asia/India (we had this ready made during pre 1947 British times but we broke it)
3 - Arab world.

I have not included Turkey because I have over time concluded that it is firmly embedded in the Western camp and will in time become fully allied into European Union. It already is there half way. Ditto for Azerbaijhan and the Trans Caucus region. I feel Pakistan needs to make it mind up and then work 100% toward that goal. Not sail like rudderless boat and let winds of circumstance decide it's direction. This is looking over the next 50 plus years.

Don't forget any policy is fraught with problems. It take's effort, sacrifices and lot of investment to get anywhere. The European Union was built on back of millions dead and a continent destroyed. I know people are going to ask "China?". Well China is going to be a superpower and she will always be engaged at differant levels in all regions. Although my feeling is China will have above average leverage on No-1 Central Asia because of proximity and history.

So vote and give your reasons please. This (vote) is for only Pak members although others can comment providing they have something positive to contribute.

Ps. Don't forget that geography, history and economics all play role in this.

HBfCm4O.jpg

Pakistan is and will continue to be an all-rounder in world politics due to its geographical,religious,strategic and economic position.
1.Pakistan will continue to strengthen its relations with central asian states as well as Iran but these relations will always be over shadowed by the relations with GCC and China.
2.Not possible in my lifetime.Period
3.This is the most plausible way I see Pakistan`s foreign policy`s orientation...Together with no 4
4.The most important aspect which you deliberately overlooked is Chinese Block which I think Pakistan will be apart of..

Pakistan is and will continue to be an all-rounder in world politics due to its geographical,religious,strategic and economic position.
1.Pakistan will continue to strengthen its relations with central asian states as well as Iran but these relations will always be over shadowed by the relations with GCC and China.
2.Not possible in my lifetime.Period
3.This is the most plausible way I see Pakistan`s foreign policy`s orientation...Together with no 4
4.The most important aspect which you deliberately overlooked is Chinese Block which I think Pakistan will be apart of..

I already mentioned China. She is going to be superpower and will have her fingers in every region of the world at some level. In our context No.1 Central Asia will be probably be the region with strongest Chinese impress. So if you want to sail the "China wind" then vote No.1. China defintely will not be part of No. 2 as there is natural India/China rivalry. Do not expect much Chinese influence on No.3 Arab world as the American's will continue to shadow that region.

Out of the three regions China has made the biggest impact on No.1 already. Look below. This shows the ioncreasing Chinese ingress into this region. So like I said if you want to catch the "China Wind" then vote No.1 Central Asia

Map_of_Central_Asia.png

China-Central Asia corridor

corridor-map-1024x640.gif

pipelines_625.jpg

The Silk Road - Pakistan occupies enviable position. Of course it is for Pakistan to harvest that opportunity.

silk_road.jpg

Last edited:
Well it's a talk about a relationship of a country not a relationship between two people. So Pakistan needs to play a diplomatic game and try to keep its relations healthy with all the countries in neighbors as well as Arabs and western states. (At least try to keep good terms with all the states). Keeping a sound relation with a specific region and/or a country------- with going all the way to the end--------to keep it robust is a plain stupid idea. Play it smartly!

Well it's a talk about a relationship of a country not a relationship between two people. So Pakistan needs to play a diplomatic game and try to keep its relations healthy with all the countries in neighbors as well as Arabs and western states. (At least try to keep good terms with all the states). Keeping a sound relation with a specific region and/or a country------- with going all the way to the end--------to keep it robust is a plain stupid idea. Play it smartly!

Bird in hand is better than dozen in bush. According to you European Union is bad idea. Yes of course it is best to have good relations with all but you have to invest in something exclusive. Blocks are the way of future. Building a tight group of friends is better than knowing lots of acquaintenances non of whom you can depend on.

Last edited:
The world is slowly moving into regional blocks or supra-states. European Union is great example of this. These tend to first focus on regional trade and then as the countries build common interests and linkages defence structures also evolve to reinforce the trading blocks. European Union and NATO overlap although they are not exactly the same thing. Nevertheless there is no contradiction between NATO and EU membership. If anything both reinforce each other. You can see this how new members of EU in Eastern Europe have also joined NATO like Poland, Latvia etc.

Anyway I was wondering where is Pakistan's destiny. I ask members to look at the map below and I have drawn three potential future blocks.

1 - Central Asia/Iran
2 - South Asia/India (we had this ready made during pre 1947 British times but we broke it)
3 - Arab world.

I have not included Turkey because I have over time concluded that it is firmly embedded in the Western camp and will in time become fully allied into European Union. It already is there half way. Ditto for Azerbaijhan and the Trans Caucus region. I feel Pakistan needs to make it mind up and then work 100% toward that goal. Not sail like rudderless boat and let winds of circumstance decide it's direction. This is looking over the next 50 plus years.

Don't forget any policy is fraught with problems. It take's effort, sacrifices and lot of investment to get anywhere. The European Union was built on back of millions dead and a continent destroyed. I know people are going to ask "China?". Well China is going to be a superpower and she will always be engaged at differant levels in all regions. Although my feeling is China will have above average leverage on No-1 Central Asia because of proximity and history.

So vote and give your reasons please. This (vote) is for only Pak members although others can comment providing they have something positive to contribute.

HBfCm4O.jpg

Your apprehension about Turkey, I'ld like to differ, is not what's been visible. She is on the way to become a power center on her own right encompassing a vast geographical expanse which definitely is not confined to 0.8m square kilometers. We refer to the reality of the last thousand years to convince ourselves first and foremost. The seal on Turk's soul, developed over the last 100 years, is being removed layer after layer. Turkey regained health and energy during this leave of absence to get fit for the fight to find her rightful place in history. She won't be bogged down by any earthly powers for the Hakikat will be based on the equilibrium of Al Hak inshaAllah. The chaos of BATIL is temporary since the RAHMET of Allah-u Azimusshan becomes victorious over his GAZAB for the Believers. Ve Ma Tevfiki Illa Billah...

Yes of course it is best to have good relations with all but you have to invest in something exclusive.

That's the job of bureaucrats and government officials. Nai?

Building a tight group of friends is better than knowing lots of acquaintenances non of whom you can depend on.

Sir, it's not an ally between two groups or friendship between two people. Definitely, we should keep a strong bond with few countries, along with good relationships with other countries.
Global Interdependence is a self explanatory term here.

Your apprehension about Turkey, I'ld like to differ, is not what's been visible. She is on the way to become a power center on her own right encompassing a vast geographical expanse which definitely is not confined to 0.8m square kilometers. We refer to the reality of the last thousand years to convince ourselves first and foremost. The seal on Turk's soul, developed over the last 100 years, is being removed layer after layer. Turkey regained health and energy during this leave of absence to get fit for the fight to find her rightful place in history. She won't be bogged down by any earthly powers for the Hakikat will be based on the equilibrium of Al Hak inshaAllah. The chaos of BATIL is temporary since the RAHMET of Allah-u Azimusshan becomes victorious over his GAZAB for the Believers. Ve Ma Tevfiki Illa Billah...

I love Turkey but from my interaction with many Turks I form the opinion that Turkey want's to look West. Of course you might be right and my analysis might be flawed. So we shall see how it goes.

For the Pakistani members. A study of the history of Pakistan region shows that either it has been part of westerly based empires or of easterly based empires. It has only once for very short time been part of the Arab realm (even so it was only Sindh) so I can't see that as the future.

The West

gjBrnMF.jpg

The East

Mughal%20Empire%20BR.jpg

Umayyad intrusion into Sindh

2000px-Map_of_expansion_of_Caliphate.svg.png

we can't make alliance with 1 or 3 both of them are extremists last thing our country need is more duty free import of extremism from these arrogant arab baduiens or crazy irani khomanis.we should remain neutral to these states, avoid block forming with them,have good relation with both of them and keep showing them middle finger on their every attempt to pull us in their sectarian war.
coming back to india we will never know peace until reach a bilateral solution to the kashmir issue and even after that our relation will not be block forming strong as bitterness of three wars will not go away that easy.
central asia excluding iran seems best option.(pls add another option of only central asia).

Last edited:

1 - Central Asia/Iran
3 - Arab world.

HBfCm4O.jpg

This is a tricky one. Geographically, historically and to lesser degree economically Pakistan joins three regions; South Asia, Central Asia and Middle East while not being truly part of any of those. Our location is blessing and curse at the same time. In a way we are similar to Turkey which joins Europe and Asia while truly being part of none entirely. We are more like a bridge that joins two land masses. Bridges may be very important but they are part of neither of land segments. As I see it, future of Pakistan lies in capitalising our status as a junction of regions while not in being part of anyone. Joining a camp takes away that leverage.

Given the hostility in the East, I'm would like to lean towards Middle East and Central Asia instead of South Asia. Historically it has been the case as well.

With SAARC becoming more and more an India dominated and a failed group, our focus should be on CAR+China+Russia. Geographically we are the gateway to CAR and we should exploit this position beyond CPEC.

@Paksanity Very good points you raise. We have to sail toward one direction. There should be long term goal. It's called clarity of vision.You can't just toss around because you will achieve nothing.

Turkey might be at geographic crossroads but we know which direction politically she is heading toward. Ever since Kemal Ataturk set the tone "Go West". Have look at their script, have a look at their cites, have look at the their political leanings. They point firmly to the West. NATO, OCSE, ETA etc.

Even trivial things like their car plates are now European standard with distinctive blue strip and country identifier "TR". Most of the vehicles are of European origin. The place increasingly acts and feals like Europe - nothing wrong with that but I am just making a observation.

Turkey does not use hanging even in case of PKK terrorists in line with European directives of non uses of death sentances. Turkey is country with European structures but with Muslim population fast being pulled into European version of secular religion like for example Christian Democrats replaced by Islamic Democrats aka Erdogan's AKP.

Turkey

tr_34dg006.jpg

220px-British_car_registration_plate_labels.svg.png

Slovenia

slo_mbr5-27d.jpg

Germany

32820d1069976853-european-license-plates-tags-w203-cl203-plate.jpeg

France

frankrijk232.jpg

With SAARC

Well we had a ready made SAARC built by the British and free of cost called "British India". We wrecked it in 1947 so if we want SAARC question is what was 1947 about? Some sick joke that cost millions of lives?

Last edited:

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom