What's new

Pakistan tests Hatf 3 Ghanzavi Missile

Pakistan today conducted a successful training launch of Short Range Surface to Surface Ballistic Missile Hatf III (Ghaznavi) on Thursday.

image_resize.aspx

Press Release
PakArmedForces.png

No PR98/2014-ISPRDated: May 8, 2014
Rawalpindi - May 8, 2014:
Pakistan today conducted a successful training launch of Short Range Surface to Surface Ballistic Missile Hatf III (Ghaznavi), capable of delivering nuclear and conventional warheads upto a range of 290 kilometers. The successful launch was the culminating point of the Field Training Exercise of Army Strategic Forces Command which was aimed at testing the operational readiness of a Strategic Missile Group besides up gradation of various capabilities of Weapon Systems.

The launch was witnessed by the Chief of Army Staff, General Raheel Sharif,Director General Strategic Plans Division, Lieutenant General Zubair Mahmood Hayat, Commander 5 Corps, Lieutenant General Sajjad Ghani, Commander Army Strategic Forces Command, Lieutenant General Obaid Ullah Khan, Chairman NESCOM, Mr Muhammad Irfan Burney and other senior military officials and scientists.
Addressing the participating troops in the exercise area, the Chief of Army Staff, General Raheel Sharif appreciated the troops on displaying a very high standard of proficiency in handling and operating these strategic weapon systems. He showed his confidence over the professional attributes of troops and emphasized to maintain the high standards achieved. He reiterated that Pakistan has configured one of the best command and control systems and Armed Forces of Pakistan are fully capable of safeguarding Pakistan’s security against any aggression.

The successful test launch has also been warmly appreciated by the President and Prime Minister of Pakistan who congratulated the participating troops, the scientists and engineers on their outstanding success.

Good to hear that as I know new tests always are a major improvement to the existing system but just wondering how many years has been passed since we tested a new missile? I think its probably 8-10 years now? We need to demonstrate technology as its been a long period since we have come up with something significant

Good to hear that as I know new tests always are a major improvement to the existing system but just wondering how many years has been passed since we tested a new missile? I think its probably 8-10 years now? We need to demonstrate technology as its been a long period since we have come up with something significant

Well Nasr is a fairly new missile. First test was couple of years back if am not wrong?

Well Nasr is a fairly new missile. First test was couple of years back if am not wrong?
oh yes Nasr was the only addition in latest inventory. I totally forgot that for a moment. But still it's operational range being only 60km, I think we had similar missiles in the inventory. I am talking about something new and amazing.. It's been a while since we heard anything of that sort from Pakistan.

oh yes Nasr was the only addition in latest inventory. I totally forgot that for a moment. But still it's operational range being only 60km, I think we had similar missiles in the inventory. I am talking about something new and amazing.. It's been a while since we heard anything of that sort from Pakistan.
Nasr which has been thoroughly tried, tested and inducted has a range of 60kms. Range extension is being worked on, as we speak.

its time to invest resources on missile defense systems.
this is the next logical step

Its not. The next logical step is to work and develop a 'High Speed Delivery Vehicle' able to penetrate multi billion dollar missile defense systems as well as electronic decoys to simulate ballistic missile profiles to confuse and overwhelm enemy defenses.

Offense is the best defense!

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom