What's new

Pakistan talks of boycotting IPL 2011, Champions League

Yes well india is a much bigger country. See, you'd see canadians being obsessed with US but not the other way around. That's the point I am making. You're obsessed with a country much smaller. And again, it's not just about terrorism. indians jump into anything related to Pakistan on any internet forum that they're present on.

Ahsan I think you understand the point I'm trying to make. You clearly understand the dynamics of big power - small power relations, as is evident from your US-Canada relationship analogy, only you insist on implying that the relationship is somehow 'reversed' in our case.

Continually stating that Indians are 'obsessed' with Pakistan will not prove your point or make it true. I tried to elaborate on the point I'm trying to make by giving you examples, you see everything as mutually exclusive (and thus consider it to be off topic) but that certainly isn't the case. I'm not sure if you took the trouble to actually read through the article I found for you. I suggest you read it, it's more than just some woman trying to buy clothes.

I could go deeper, I could talk about how the Pakistani identity is shaped by a sense of persecution and a false sense of superiority which is a direct result of your relationship with India. You brush off the numerous coups as mere 'corruption', but you fail to understand how or why your military is an influential as it is. I'm not going to get into it, but I can direct you to a few articles if you'd like.

I'm not saying that there aren't Indians who are 'obsessed' with Pakistan so to speak, but you aren't ready to really understand or examine the issue at hand. I'm talking about your country's policies whereas you're talking about youtube.

Anyways, I suggest we drop it in the interests of the thread.

losss of money tv rights at least couple of millions if geo super stop showing ipl 3

You're talking about state obsession, I am talking about public obsession. Our state has to take india into consideration because its pretty much our only enemy and the only country we've had wars against. Not to mention its a much bigger country. If Canada had similar relation with US, you'd see a similar thing.

Coups are a result of the military being powerful, not because of anything to do with india. The military is powerful because we need a strong military to defend against a much bigger country. But regardless, coups cannot be used as a way to show any sort of obsession.

State obsession is one thing, public obsession is another. What we see from indians is a high level of that particular kind of obsession, and a less intense state obsession. Bear in mind, this is a country 7 times smaller, and not as influential. Yet..

who says we want to effect ipl but what we are saying IPL is not to be caleed champions league becoz if it is champs league it should involve whole cricketing world with double standards it is not good enough organization

Why Butt sahib so worried...its Indian league and they have right to invite or drop. If Pakistani not invited ..wats big deal ...Why PCB cry so much all the time..
Ijaz Butt ...if u read this forum, please mercy on Pakistan cricket and resign ....u ll be count as national hero of mercy on nation...

Back
Top Bottom