What's new

Pakistan talks of boycotting IPL 2011, Champions League

Here's what I feel about this whole IPLGate. We should boycott what is needed, such as next IPL, CL, showing these tournaments on Pakistani tv, individual players having their own go at IPL, etc. However, we need to do this quietly and not try to get so much attention. Because if we try to get attention, it is clear we act emotional, and thus we are giving indians what they want. Do all this quietly. For instance, boycott next IPL but keep it a low profile story. Even when next IPL comes, just say that government is not allowing players to go to IPL rather than making a whole story about it. Similar goes for cable operators. Rather than advertising that we will not show the IPL, just simply don't broadcast the game and don't advertise it in advance.

sir i agree with you and your plans heads of to you

I can't believe they haven't already. Its like Palestinians gobbling up Israeli culture for no good reason. What's up with that? why is my culture so prevalent among your people? I simply don't get it.

Please, indians have an obsession with Pakistan. I thought it was pretty obvious. Every forum I go I see indians having a boner in Pakistan threads, whatever they may be related to. Same can be said of indians in foreign countries.

You would've been right to a large extent in the 90's but ever since the economy picked up the focus has shifted to competing with China. Most Indians generally equate Pakistan with terrorism and nothing more, with China its a mix of admiration and envy.

Daily Times - Leading News Resource of Pakistan

Indian money talks: Afridi, Tanvir want to forgive and forget

Money talks, and in cricket Indian money talks a language that is the first preference of all international cricketers and administrators. Barely a week after all-rounder Shahid Afridi said that the Indian Premier League (IPL) and India had made fun of Pakistan players and the country by not bidding for them at the auction, the Pakistan Twenty20 captain says that he is willing to forgive and forget and he has gotten over the anger and hurt he felt at being ‘snubbed’. His team-mate Sohail Tanvir has joined him, saying ‘I have nothing personal against India and if any opportunity arises in future where I am invited to play in the IPL or Champions League I will definitely go to play if my seniors do the same.’

This is the same Tanvir who – in an interview to a Pakistani news channel – had said that the Hindus had shown their true colours. It is the same Tanvir who claimed in the afore-said interview that Pakistan players never wanted to play in the IPL, but the IPL came begging for them to take part. “After the IPL auction I was deeply hurt and angry, the way Pakistan players were treated was disrespectful and in my view wrong. Whose fault it was. I don’t know. In times like these as a Muslim the examples of our Prophet has guided me and I’m therefore willing to forgive and forget what has happened and look forward,” he told a website Pakpasion.net.

And in a remarkably statesman like pronouncement, he said: “When you think about it Pakistan and India share much more things in common than there are differences, we need to build our relations rather than break them. Sports should be used to build peace between our great nations, not break them. Although Pakistan and India have borders, these borders cannot divide humanity.” Whether these reconciliatory statements spring from Afridi’s generosity of spirit – which he has seldom displayed on a cricket field – or the potential generosity of the IPL franchise owners’ purses, will be up for debate.

Afridi also made it clear that since South Australia had qualified for the Champions League Twenty20, he would be available to play for the Australian state side in the event in India this year. Not to be outdone, Tanvir said that he always had a good experience playing in India. “Look, when I went to India with the Pakistan team in 2007 and after that for the IPL’s inaugural season I was warmly welcomed and treated well by the Indian people. It came as a rude shock to us and it was very sad but like I said if our board and senior players say we should go I will also go to play in India. I will do whatever my seniors tell me to do or go by the guidelines provided by the Pakistan Cricket Board.”

Money talks, and in cricket Indian money talks a language that is the first preference of all international cricketers and administrators. Barely a week after all-rounder Shahid Afridi said that the Indian Premier League (IPL) and India had made fun of Pakistan players and the country by not bidding for them at the auction, the Pakistan Twenty20 captain says that he is willing to forgive and forget and he has gotten over the anger and hurt he felt at being ‘snubbed’. His team-mate Sohail Tanvir has joined him, saying ‘I have nothing personal against India and if any opportunity arises in future where I am invited to play in the IPL or Champions League I will definitely go to play if my seniors do the same.’

This is the same Tanvir who – in an interview to a Pakistani news channel – had said that the Hindus had shown their true colours. It is the same Tanvir who claimed in the afore-said interview that Pakistan players never wanted to play in the IPL, but the IPL came begging for them to take part. “After the IPL auction I was deeply hurt and angry, the way Pakistan players were treated was disrespectful and in my view wrong. Whose fault it was. I don’t know. In times like these as a Muslim the examples of our Prophet has guided me and I’m therefore willing to forgive and forget what has happened and look forward,” he told a website Pakpasion.net.

And in a remarkably statesman like pronouncement, he said: “When you think about it Pakistan and India share much more things in common than there are differences, we need to build our relations rather than break them. Sports should be used to build peace between our great nations, not break them. Although Pakistan and India have borders, these borders cannot divide humanity.” Whether these reconciliatory statements spring from Afridi’s generosity of spirit – which he has seldom displayed on a cricket field – or the potential generosity of the IPL franchise owners’ purses, will be up for debate.

Afridi also made it clear that since South Australia had qualified for the Champions League Twenty20, he would be available to play for the Australian state side in the event in India this year. Not to be outdone, Tanvir said that he always had a good experience playing in India. “Look, when I went to India with the Pakistan team in 2007 and after that for the IPL’s inaugural season I was warmly welcomed and treated well by the Indian people. It came as a rude shock to us and it was very sad but like I said if our board and senior players say we should go I will also go to play in India. I will do whatever my seniors tell me to do or go by the guidelines provided by the Pakistan Cricket Board.”

Greedy players dragged entire pakistan when they are not selected. Now they made fool of pakistan people whoever jumped to their support.

Well the issue is not money all players want to play anywhere in world , but the handling was wrong , if I am hired by Indian company sure I will go becasue I have friends who happen to be indians etc even on this forum ....

Becasue Pakistani ppl have unconditional love -

But to do what IPL did is incorrect and it has to be viewed as such nothing more....

If players want to go back sure becasue people of country generally do care for each other but ... what can you say some corporates and politicians see otherwise

But it would be ideal to have ICC based 20/20 League and not regional IPL , I prefer ICL with Kapil dev in charge.

Otherwise I would recomend out 40 players to be avialble for ICC based 20/20 League or Champion's league... why support a regional league that cannot even select players unless they happen to be of certain race/nationality

I wonder what would Mr Ghandi say who based his whole struggle against British rule , against seggregation and discrimination - there is not more I can add to this then that

[...]

Barely a week after all-rounder Shahid Afridi said that the Indian Premier League (IPL) and India had made fun of Pakistan players and the country by not bidding for them at the auction, the Pakistan Twenty20 captain says that he is willing to forgive and forget and he has gotten over the anger and hurt he felt at being ‘snubbed’. His team-mate Sohail Tanvir has joined him, saying ‘I have nothing personal against India and if any opportunity arises in future where I am invited to play in the IPL or Champions League I will definitely go to play if my seniors do the same.’

This is the same Tanvir who – in an interview to a Pakistani news channel – had said that the Hindus had shown their true colours.
:lol:

So the blood has a returned back from their d!cks to the right places. That didn't take too long.

Well the issue is not money all players want to play anywhere in world , but the handling was wrong , if I am hired by Indian company sure I will go becasue I have friends who happen to be indians etc even on this forum ....

Becasue Pakistani ppl have unconditional love -

But to do what IPL did is incorrect and it has to be viewed as such nothing more....

If players want to go back sure becasue people of country generally do care for each other but ... what can you say some corporates and politicians see otherwise

But it would be ideal to have ICC based 20/20 League and not regional IPL , I prefer ICL with Kapil dev in charge.

Otherwise I would recomend out 40 players to be avialble for ICC based 20/20 League or Champion's league... why support a regional league that cannot even select players unless they happen to be of certain race/nationality

I wonder what would Mr Ghandi say who based his whole struggle against British rule , against seggregation and discrimination - there is not more I can add to this then that

sir ji.. senti kar diya aapne..

Summarizing my view
1. India as a country wanted and wants Pakistan cricketers to play in IPL
2. IPL owners decided not to for business reasons
3. They didnt handle it well at all. as a matter of fact they handled it in a most non sense way
4. I said it on the day it happened and i still think some arrangement will get worked out to get some of the pakistani players to play IPL3.
>>>>>http://www.defence.pk/forums/cricket/44682-no-pakistani-selected-ipl-auction-4.html#post630712<<<<<
There are already noises coming from players and Modi's side to that effect

Obviously the only fly in the ointment will be the possibility of a terror strike. but in that case, ipl is the last thing anyone will be thinking of..

Ha Ha :lol:

Is this the same Tanvir who was talking about "Hindu Zaneeyat" a few days ago. Modi showed them the $ and now it is ok to take money from the hindus. Where is your "Zameer" Mr. Tanvir.

You would've been right to a large extent in the 90's but ever since the economy picked up the focus has shifted to competing with China. Most Indians generally equate Pakistan with terrorism and nothing more, with China its a mix of admiration and envy.

Please, their obsession with China cannot be compared with their obsession with Pakistan. You just have to head to youtube or some international forum. Number of indians commenting in a Pakistani topic/video is much less than the Chinese counterpart. So what indians equate Pakistan with terrorism. Pakistanis also equate india with supporting terrorism, killing innocent Kashmiris, unequal treatment of muslims, massacres of muslims, ugly people, dirt and *****, poor people, cows on streets, and near-naked bollywood women. So what's your point with that line?

I don't know about Afridi, but we should call Tanvir back just so we don't pick him again.

He can go right back to cursing Hindus and their 'Zaneeyat' then.

what a pathetic sell out, the dog couldn't resist the bone after all. Money talks indeed :tup:

Please, their obsession with China cannot be compared with their obsession with Pakistan. You just have to head to youtube or some international forum. Number of indians commenting in a Pakistani topic/video is much less than the Chinese counterpart. So what indians equate Pakistan with terrorism. Pakistanis also equate india with supporting terrorism, killing innocent Kashmiris, unequal treatment of muslims, massacres of muslims, ugly people, dirt and *****, poor people, cows on streets, and near-naked bollywood women. So what's your point with that line?

Pakistanis maybe obsessed with India, after all we do loom large over your country, but by and large most Indians wouldn't want to 'bracket' themselves with Pakistan if you know what I mean.

Pakistan only comes into mind when India is hit by a terrorist attack, on the other hand your entire nation moans and groans all day long about Kashmir mostly because it can't do anything about it, your country is dominated by one issue and one issue only.

Your military is involved in everything from trade to politics, your generals have proliferated and nurtured extremist ideology for decades, Pakistan is overly dependent on its allies (first the US, now China, Arab states), numerous coups etc. etc. Think about it for a second. Why is this the case?

You're the one with a larger enemy to fight, not us, your country has had to go to great lengths to counter a foe that's seven times its size, which is why Pakistan is in the situation that its in today. Pakistan essentially faces an existential threat from India, which is why your country and all its policies are geared towards countering us.

Forget youtube, you guys really like youtube (but hate America), you should examine your history first. That'll teach you a thing or two about obsession. India can fend Pakistan off and still engage the world and develop, Pakistan on the other hand is afraid to purge its society of extremist ideology for fear of being torn apart. I bet you have no idea why. (HINT: its a direct result of your confrontational policies with India)

Pakistanis also equate india with supporting terrorism, killing innocent Kashmiris, unequal treatment of muslims, massacres of muslims, ugly people, dirt and *****, poor people, cows on streets, and near-naked bollywood women. So what's your point with that line?

We don't really bother about your society or ethnic tension, poverty, lollywood, people or any of that. In fact your post proves how deeply you guys think about my country. We equate Pakistan with one thing and one thing only, terrorism. That's about the only time we think about your country and since terrorism is a pretty hot topic right now, you might see some increased attention from our side. Mission accomplished huh? ;)

Last edited:
this is what pakistan needs to do to not only boycott IPL but ban IPL from viewing in pakistan. PCB should start its own league inviting foreign players.

Chance would be a fine thing!

PCB and Pakistani Players are already supplicating to be given a "Few" morsels of participation but a full Participation would be gratefully accepted.

Old English saying "Beggers can't be Choosers"!

They need to play in IPL for the Money.

They have no other avenue for revenue.

this is what pakistan needs to do to not only boycott IPL but ban IPL from viewing in pakistan. PCB should start its own league inviting foreign players.

Are you taking the mick?

You are playing your home matches at neutral venues!

Now even South Africa refuses to play in Pakistan.

So who are the Foreign players that the Pakistan Players League will engage?

Back
Top Bottom