What's new

Pakistan Taliban chief Hakimullah Mehsud killed in drone strike.

ahan are you scaring me? :D
i know what US military is and what limit they can go to...but there is a limit to everything...

I again say americans could launch their bombing compaign only in tribal areas (not in entire pakistan,don't go quoting iraq and other military invasions)..which they are already doing....

actually they have...most unsafe places where writ of govt has been challenged as a result of our military operation (yeah i know the writ of govt was never there but atleast these guys were at peace with govt after all we were the ones who created them during zia's regime so no need to mess with them)...plus, US drone strikes....military operation's effects that kill many innocents as well in the name of collateral damage

they came from the sense that pakistan had become ally of USA and they were to launch military operation against us,so just stand up against this murtad fouj.. (na-uzubillah)

sorry couldn't get your point

BTW you need to asnwer

No , since that never happened , we are discussing some what-ifs here . But are you not already scared from the deteriorating situation in the country ? :D Well , it would have been within the limits of the superpower , as I have been explaining . Prove it otherwise . What good was it going to do ? If we allowed the Americans to launch the bombing campaigns in tribal areas or they did it themselves , the same outcome awaited you then . You would have been accused either of being American slaves like now or blamed for doing " nothing " , back at Square one , dear ? The tribal revenge or Badal would still have targeted the country , it was a no-win scenario back then for Musharraf . Its easy for us here to talk about that but for a man in charge of the country , the situations entirely different .

You didn't get it here . I know the war that had been going on there but they cant really be bombed back to stone age since they are already living in that era . Look at some pictures of that area . There's no progress or development there which is what I hinted at , albeit sarcastically . The thing is that we shouldn't have created a monster during " Zia's regime " to fight it later , the common man cant understand it somehow and just doesn't want to . You read my article ? Even then , the drones in the present situation remain our best bet in the War , love it or hate it , they have been the ones with the most kills and minimum collateral . I know the " pretext " they use , but the same would have been used if you refused the U.S and it still attacked , that is what I am trying to explain to you here . Didn't get my point about handling the culprits of the twin towers to Americans ? Well the entire story's mentioned in the " Line of Fire " - the Musharraf autobiography how desperately he sent along with Saudis , an envoy to the Mullah Omar in the hopes that he would listen to the voice of reason and save both his country and ours and well he didn't .

I have answered that question already , in this thread and in the other one . We didn't attack these people , so where the heck did they come from , in the picture , from 2004 onwards ?

@CENTCOM He was never a common enemy, he was only Pakistan's enemy. Since its inception, TTP has always been forwarding agenda of enemies of Pakistan.
In the beginning, US was not even willing to declare TTP, a terrorist organization. Infact, there was no TTP before US invasion of Afghanistan.
You never killed the older B. Mehsud, when Pak army provided you his co-ordinates on various occasions and requested for drone strike, there you are now suddenly, out of blue!
With death of H. Mehsud, we lost the opportunity to learn about his handlers. Question is, how come US failed to find him for last 5 years, and suddenly now he is located, when Mr. Sharif demanded, halt to drone strikes.
I guess, this strike has divided the opinion of nation on drone strikes, and in case if now Sharif, shoot US drone, he will be awarded some new label by media.... i do not want ot mention it but let's see, what comes next for him.
In honest scenario US should have shared intelligence with Pakistan, about location of our enemy, and our soldiers should have had him.

Comments on our Facebook page :P LOL

now i realize what jaibi wrote 'divided nation against a united enemy'

im just showing you 2 screen shots...lots of comments more but no need to show since these 2 shots speak all what i want to say...

941831_1430724557141112_2140560764_n.jpg

1459824_1430724553807779_462444516_n.jpg
What page? Can you post the web address please? I want to check out.

facebook is fakebook....populated by fake accounts of RAW officials.
No one is divided, TTP is and was a terrorist organization, for every Pakistani.
Divided nation is propaganda, which double agents started to cook, days before the subject drone strike.

Come on man, I simply asked for web address... not a research conclusion lol And don't worry yar, I am completely indifferent to all such things. Actually I do think it is all propaganda, and nothing is divided in Pakistan... could you gimme the address now, please?

Come on man, I simply asked for web address... not a research conclusion lol And don't worry yar, I am completely indifferent to all such things. Actually I do think it is all propaganda, and nothing is divided in Pakistan... could you gimme the address now, please?
sorry... i read what you quoted as your message... i'll delete my post.

Ch. Nisar appears to be a gutless and spineless Interior Minister. Let me ask him that if Hakimullah Mehsud was such a Messenger of peace, why GOP had still a bounty on his head?

One day Ch. Nisar says that only 67 civilians died in the drone attacks whereas number of militants was more than 2000! For a simple mind like mine it appears that Interior Minister in implying that drones are doing a good job!!!

Ch. Nisar also admits that US clearly stated that they would target Hakimullah if he is found; in that case why blame US for sabotaging the dialogue almost the next day? Isn’t this speaking with ‘forked tongue’? I am of the view that we must talk to Taliban but only when GOP is in a strong position and there is plenty of "give" from Taliban and very little from the State.

From electronic media pundits and political parties it appears that the scum bag Hakimullah was a Saint and that US is the real culprit for all the deaths of Pakistanis.

“It is like saying that we were begging a murderer to tell as what he wanted but stop murdering us. But this won’t happens but because police killed him. His friends will now continue murdering. Therefore murderer was a saintly man but the police is the real culprit and actually responsible of the deaths.” What a defeatist and spine less attitude towards a declared enemy of Pakistan.

Folk singer Reshmaan died yesterday. She was a messenger of piece and in my humble opinion served as good will ambassador for Pakistan all over the world including India. But her death barely deserved one or two liners but death of murderer of thousand Pakistanis has been centre of discussion for the last few days. This clearly shows how bigoted we have become as a nation; we ignore the peace lovers but glorify the murderers.

Here is a very nice editorial from Dawn.
Can’t face the truth: After Hakeemullah

Published 2013-11-04 07:35:08

IN many ways, it is a replay of the fallout of the American raid that killed Osama bin Laden. The shrillest, loudest voices that have been heard since Hakeemullah Mehsud was killed in a drone strike on Friday are those slamming the US for apparently fatally sabotaging dialogue with the TTP and those casting Mehsud as an honourable, if misunderstood, militant leader who really only wanted peace. Perhaps in a better, more rational world, the focus here would be on the monstrous legacy of Mehsud and a hardnosed assessment of whether his killing will in fact make it easier or more difficult to deal with the TTP, whether militarily or through dialogue. Unhappily, rational discourse has seemingly been abandoned nationally when it comes to talking about the TTP and the US.

Still, the furious criticism of the US and near-veneration of Mehsud does not mean there is not much that is troubling about Friday’s strike. The bottom line is that Pakistan has to deal with the internal security threat posed by the TTP. To achieve that, the political leadership has decided that dialogue must be the first option. However remote the possibility of talks succeeding may be, that is a decision the political leadership of the country has collectively taken and must therefore be respected and adhered to, even if not fully agreed with. From the American perspective too, it ought to have made sense to let the dialogue phase play out with minimal interference. For now, if the dialogue option does collapse, the blame can easily be pinned on the already disliked US, leaving opponents of the military option against the TTP as vocal and energetic as ever – and leaving the Pakistani state no closer to ending the principal internal security threat. How does it help overall American interests to fuel conspiracy theories in Pakistan, shift the focus from the threat the TTP poses, and leave the Pakistani state and society fumbling around as confusedly as ever? It does not. And yet an American drone killed Hakeemullah Mehsud on Friday, suggesting either myopia or a fierceness in American policy towards Pakistan that is deeply unsettling.

Of course, in the grossly awkward dance that has been the Pakistan-US security relationship for many years now, what the Americans can do, Pakistani officials can do one better and vice versa. The Sharif government is proving as adept at the self-defeating approach of the Musharraf era and the last PPP government: avoid speaking plainly about the militant threat and pretend the US understands the Pakistani position until facts on the ground manifest themselves and trigger angry Pakistani denunciations of the US. It’s both tragic and scary: Pakistan is yet to find a leadership that speaks plainly and honestly and makes the necessary hard choices.

http://dawn.com/news/1053967/cant-face-the-truth-after-hakeemullah

No , since that never happened , we are discussing some what-ifs here . But are you not already scared from the deteriorating situation in the country ? :D Well , it would have been within the limits of the superpower , as I have been explaining . Prove it otherwise . What good was it going to do ? If we allowed the Americans to launch the bombing campaigns in tribal areas or they did it themselves , the same outcome awaited you then . You would have been accused either of being American slaves like now or blamed for doing " nothing " , back at Square one , dear ? The tribal revenge or Badal would still have targeted the country , it was a no-win scenario back then for Musharraf . Its easy for us here to talk about that but for a man in charge of the country , the situations entirely different .

You didn't get it here . I know the war that had been going on there but they cant really be bombed back to stone age since they are already living in that era . Look at some pictures of that area . There's no progress or development there which is what I hinted at , albeit sarcastically . The thing is that we shouldn't have created a monster during " Zia's regime " to fight it later , the common man cant understand it somehow and just doesn't want to . You read my article ? Even then , the drones in the present situation remain our best bet in the War , love it or hate it , they have been the ones with the most kills and minimum collateral . I know the " pretext " they use , but the same would have been used if you refused the U.S and it still attacked , that is what I am trying to explain to you here . Didn't get my point about handling the culprits of the twin towers to Americans ? Well the entire story's mentioned in the " Line of Fire " - the Musharraf autobiography how desperately he sent along with Saudis , an envoy to the Mullah Omar in the hopes that he would listen to the voice of reason and save both his country and ours and well he didn't .

I have answered that question already , in this thread and in the other one . We didn't attack these people , so where the heck did they come from , in the picture , from 2004 onwards ?

hahaha...and the only difference is that i think letting americans take out their targets in tribal areas was a better way...than getting involved our own military against the ones we created for ourselves...

Ch. Nisar is an American national, his family lives in US.
If he is guilty of Pakistan, we shall demand his arrest if he is guilty of US than he shall be automatically arrested.
I think, only drama-bazi and lip service... same as previous regime.

@Audio ,hi friend, how ya doing....:)?

Well, he probably was the right man.But it wasn't the right time.Nobody can justify the existence of a terrorist in a society.No one should advocate for his freedom at least.He should've been captured long ago and must have been presented in front of a court for his crimes against humanity.
If you see from the POV of an ally state busy in engaging insurgents to lay down their arms.
Instead of helping the GoP dissolve that organization i-e TTP,you've killed their head right at the moment when he was willing to settle it on a table.No body could expect these dialogues to bring any major success.But at least we could have categorized them in to ,"who wants to fight" and "who wants to lay down their arms".

Did you guys killed their representatives when you engaged yourself in talks with Mullah Omer and hence the Talibans at large.?
No you did not.
Did you killed their leader when you were engaging them in a dialogue process?
No, it didn't happen.

When your state department tells us that these talks are our "internal matter", then they should rather not intervene.But should observe any development and raise their concerns about the process of dialogue that is going on.

Thanks, doing ok.

In regards to your post, you want dialogue, i see. But the way i see it, they are only buying time to gather strength and you should not fall for the oldest trick in the book.
Also stop hedging on terrorist scum to be the fifth column in any hypothetical engagement with India, because yes, they will help, but will try their best to hijack power in the chaos of the aftermath.

You bring up Mullah Omar, well, where is he? He's hiding like a rat.....sending emails he is still willing to talk to US and share power with rest of Afghanis post 2014.
It's all BS, about the power share, i don't believe one bit of it, because these people deal in absolutes, either all or nothing, so in that light i hope there are drones hunting him right now.

For the record, i do not agree with all this nation building charade US is playing and talks with scum, i'd opt for a more Russian approach.

when he was willing to settle it on a table

His head was set on the table, in just the right condition.

Thanks, doing ok.

In regards to your post, you want dialogue, i see. But the way i see it, they are only buying time to gather strength and you should not fall for the oldest trick in the book.
Also stop hedging on terrorist scum to be the fifth column in any hypothetical engagement with India, because yes, they will help, but will try their best to hijack power in the chaos of the aftermath.

You bring up Mullah Omar, well, where is he? He's hiding like a rat.....sending emails he is still willing to talk to US and share power with rest of Afghanis post 2014.
It's all BS, about the power share, i don't believe one bit of it, because these people deal in absolutes, either all or nothing, so in that light i hope there are drones hunting him right now.

For the record, i do not agree with all this nation building charade US is playing and talks with scum, i'd opt for a more Russian approach.

His head was set on the table, in just the right condition.

Ok, i got your point.Please tolerate me for a bit more.

1. I wasn't optimistic with the dialogue process at the start.Instead i opposed it.All i'm saying that when a procedure is being followed,it much reach to a certain stage to say if it was successful or not.It was the last ditch effort by the GoP to see if things can turn out to be positive and a bigger target could be changed into a smaller objective.They (the GoP) was sincere in their efforts to some extent because with out a fight they would have got a lot of them alive,which would have given us the opportunity to expose the remaining links in the network.That could have helped us in demolishing and demoralizing them for good.And our losses would have been minimum.
  2. The region that the TTP militia occupies,has innocent civilians living alongside them.So, my friend when you fight a war it's not your terrain that you do plan to take over & care about the innocent civilians & infrastructure.It has been a foreign land all the time in the WOT for you guys.The fighting dynamics change upside down just by considering such a situation.
  3. The irony is those lads they recruit for their suicide missions are usually in the range of 13-15 years of age........ teenagers they are (sometimes even younger).You tell me how much sense and sanity can you expect from an individual of that age,who woke up one day to realize that his loved ones were caught in the flames of a Hellfire.And that they were not Talibans or terrorists.That revenge pushes him against us.Unfortunately, it's a loss of a generation not that of a few individuals.No government can take such huge risk.It'll be better if we help them diffuse their bombs than make them to blow it on our face.:D
  4. Proxies.... Not even a question that TTP is a proxies of ours.They may be the proxies of somebody else,not ours.The scumbags who want to tear my country apart,declare our land as a Federation of Taliban.Who constitutes of majority of foreigner with local recruits(the ones which i've mentioned above) can be our men? ...I very seriously doubt it.Your proxy won't ask you to scrap your constitution.They have a different agenda.Hence my reasoning to not give them any chance to flourish.Your proxy will never declare a war on you...therefore, you'll never need to fight against them.
So, let's not confuse it with a freedom struggle on a disputed land and our efforts to support it by hook or by crook.

The "buying of time" logic: who knows may be it was our side who was buying time,as those terrorist of Tehreik e Terrorism Pakistan were happily pursuing their objectives.May be we wanted to halt them,divide their power and then deal with the miscreants.
Power projection & expeditionary warfare never works in this region.As it is not the only solution.Same happened with the Russians when they left.But it doesn't mean that they can't be diffused and defeated.
Did the projection of power helped the US to finish all of the Talibans out of the Afghanistan and send them to hell & after 2014 will they not be a threat for you guys and the afghan government?

This is why i said it wasn't that helpful for us.It will now get as unstable as it can get.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom