What's new

Pakistan takes deliveries of 3 SAAB-2000 Aircraft

India's purchases do not add to $40 billion - more like $10-20 billion which is still lot more than pakistan
US has historically sold to both sides...
...some of the reasons being...
- American defense equipment is generally superior to its competitors
- US defense industry is robust enough to keep rolling even based on its domestic needs...so they are not dependent on others to bank roll them into keeping their production lines running

If u wish to lower urself from such a standing...and become second tier like Russia...giving in to Indians dangling a carrot in front of u...well that's ur choice. Normally it used to be that US can get the $20 billion(for example) from India and $2 billion(for example) from Pak...that's $22 billion...
...if u r happy settling for $20 billion instead of $22 billion...then that's ur loss.

US has historically sold to both sides...
...some of the reasons being...
- American defense equipment is generally superior to its competitors
- US defense industry is robust enough to keep rolling even based on its domestic needs...so they are not dependent on others to bank roll them into keeping their production lines running

If u wish to lower urself from such a standing...and become second tier like Russia...giving in to Indians dangling a carrot in front of u...well that's ur choice. Normally it used to be that US can get the $20 billion(for example) from India and $2 billion(for example) from Pak...that's $22 billion...
...if u r happy settling for $20 billion instead of $22 billion...then that's ur loss.

that would be great except that pakistan will first pay for chinese equipment before American equipment. Seriously in the last 2 decades when was the last time Pakistan paid for anything with its own dollars ? It is always military aid or CSF money being recycled.

that would be great except that pakistan will first pay for chinese equipment before American equipment. Seriously in the last 2 decades when was the last time Pakistan paid for anything with its own dollars ? It is always military aid or CSF money being recycled.
As for paying for Chinese equipment...and not for US...
...well the last time Pak did pay for it(F16s) that was a horrible experience(F16s not delivered and payment returned in a hodge podge manner). Not to mention the severe control US exercises and the easily triggered sanctions. In any case...the reasons for Pak's move away from US in general has lots of history and geopolitical reasons behind it but I digress...

...coming back to the point. The argument here isn't whether or not US should sell to Pak. If US doesn't wish to sell...that's fine...US is under no obligation. The point I'm arguing is why are u guys selling urself short? Why not recognize the power US has held for so long(of being able to sell to both sides)? Why willingly become second tier and give up that power and become like Russia...where ur biggest buyer can dictate to whom u can or cannot sell?

As for paying for Chinese equipment...and not for US...
...well the last time Pak did pay for it(F16s) that was a horrible experience(F16s not delivered and payment returned in a hodge podge manner). Not to mention the severe control US exercises and the easily triggered sanctions. In any case...the reasons for Pak's move away from US in general has lots of history and geopolitical reasons behind it but I digress...

...coming back to the point. The argument here isn't whether or not US should sell to Pak. If US doesn't wish to sell...that's fine...US is under no obligation. The point I'm arguing is why are u guys selling urself short? Why not recognize the power US has held for so long(of being able to sell to both sides)? Why willingly become second tier and give up that power and become like Russia...where ur biggest buyer can dictate to whom u can or cannot sell?

In a $10 billion budget how much is available for weapon acquisition ? Let us assume $1.5 billion. How much of the pie does USA get ? There is China, Russia and European vendors

Correct me if I am wrong

The only market deals for big ticket items Pakistan has done over the past two decades
ERIEYE AEW
Il-78M
Mi-35M
naval frigates

All these are concessional rates or covered by loans or funds from military aid/CSF
JF-17
F-16
Yuan submarines

Correct me if I am wrong

The only market deals for big ticket items Pakistan has done over the past two decades
ERIEYE AEW
Il-78M
Mi-35M
naval frigates

All these are concessional rates or covered by loans or funds from military aid/CSF
JF-17
F-16
Yuan submarines
U r wrong...again bcuz u r talking a separate point that is not at all the argument.

I reiterate...the point is why should US lower itself to be dictated by the customers to whom it sells? Historically US has never done that...and been able to sell to any and all sides as it pleases. U r the one arguing here to limit that "power" the US enjoys.

U r wrong...again bcuz u r talking a separate point that is not at all the argument.

I reiterate...the point is why should US lower itself to be dictated by the customers to whom it sells? Historically US has never done that...and been able to sell to any and all sides as it pleases. U r the one arguing here to limit that "power" the US enjoys.

selling to pakistan is fine. show us the weapon deals (not financed by American tax payers)
you can go back to 2001

In a $10 billion Pakistani military budget how much is available for weapon acquisition ? Let us assume $1.5 billion. How much of the pie does USA get ? There is China, Russia and European vendors

selling to pakistan is fine. show us the weapon deals (not financed by American tax payers)
you can go back to 2001

In a $10 billion Pakistani military budget how much is available for weapon acquisition ? Let us assume $1.5 billion. How much of the pie does USA get ? There is China, Russia and European vendors
The thing is you american Capitalist do not know what loyalty is! Pakistan cannot depend on the american government-----The west is a stingy bastard that know's no boundary when it comes to money.

Sure we have corrupt fcuk's in Pakistani bureaucracy-----but sadly Pakistan cannot blame others until it gets it Shiet together.

The thing is you american Capitalist do not know what loyalty is! Pakistan cannot depend on the american government-----The west is a stingy bastard that know's no boundary when it comes to money.

Sure we have corrupt fcuk's in Pakistani bureaucracy-----but sadly Pakistan cannot blame others until it gets it Shiet together.

Yes they do loyalty to USA and rest all is foobar

;)

if you do not have the money quit pretending otherwise

Tax dollars amount to nothing when Pakistan has paid with its blood and deserves everything your country lives and breaths including the very freedom.

Had it not for Pakistan, US would be largely irrelevant in the geopolitics. Pakistan is just unfortunate to have been plagued by money sucking bastard kind of a leadership. Else, Pakistan's geo-strategic position allowed Pakistan to hold US by the balls, may it be Iraq or Afghanistan. And mind you, this CSF funding doesn't amount to a fraction of what US owes to Pakistan. Else you would have to hand us over NASA if we were to debate on merit.

Anyway, I do sense a hindutava behind these flags. Else, an average American doesn't rant about its tax dollars. He/She knows it is owed to Pakistan.

Tax dollars amount to nothing when Pakistan has paid with its blood and deserves everything your country lives and breaths including the very freedom.

Had it not for Pakistan, US would be largely irrelevant in the geopolitics. Pakistan is just unfortunate to have been plagued by money sucking bastard kind of a leadership. Else, Pakistan's geo-strategic position allowed Pakistan to hold US by the balls, may it be Iraq or Afghanistan. And mind you, this CSF funding doesn't amount to a fraction of what US owes to Pakistan. Else you would have to hand us over NASA if we were to debate on merit.

Anyway, I do sense a hindutava behind these flags. Else, an average American doesn't rant about its tax dollars. He/She knows it is owed to Pakistan.
He is an Indian troll who raised these same points in the past (multiple times) and was answered each and every time.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom